Bills Hire Sean McDermott as New Head Coach

@RapSheet

The #Bills requested to speak with #Panthers DC Sean McDermott, source said

5 things to know about Sean McDermott

mcdermott-hc-story-graphic-final.jpg

Sean McDermott will be the 20th head coach in team history. Here are five things you may not have known about the Bills new sideline boss.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@RapSheet

The #Bills requested to speak with #Panthers DC Sean McDermott, source said

That's a choice I like to see. A guy who has worked for several organizations with some success and been a DC for a while.

Anyone got gouge on the Philly firing? Seemed his D had improved markedly in 2011, but they didn't make the playoffs and they canned him.

Carolina's D has been sort of up-and-down since he's been there. There seems to be a rough correlation to the # of picks and TDs Newton throws in a season. Anyone got some gouge there?

That's a choice I like to see. A guy who has worked for several organizations with some success and been a DC for a while.

Anyone got gouge on the Philly firing? Seemed his D had improved markedly in 2011, but they didn't make the playoffs and they canned him.

Carolina's D has been sort of up-and-down since he's been there. There seems to be a rough correlation to the # of picks and TDs Newton throws in a season. Anyone got some gouge there?

Cutting Norman hurt them,they had two young guys (might have been rookies) that were in way over there head. Defense played hard for him,and Kuechly and Lotulei seem to like him.

Real Rooney rule.

Must interview a least one Irish.

I'd prefer to give that interview to McVay......he may be available next year if there is a full burn down.

Pretty sure you're thinking of the O'Rooney rule...

Have lived in Clt since 98.

Panthers are my second team . When they lost the SB last year I was Meh so they aren't really my team.

Last year they had an infuriating tendency to let teams back in on D. That was playing behind the league leading O. I'm not a fan of this pick. I don't hate him but he is boring and his defenses aren't all that. Nothing I've seen makes me think he would be anything better than average.

I've actually heard really good things about McDermott. Philly people were banging the door for him last offseason, and they are not very happy with Piederson.

I am surprised they are not talking to Schwartz

Why. I want to a good HC. We had Chan Gailey...He was terrible as a HC.

The problem with Schwartz is that he's under contract currently, and he was previously passed over for HC. That makes the waters muddied, since they can't ask him back as DC because he is under contract

I've actually heard really good things about McDermott. Philly people were banging the door for him last offseason, and they are not very happy with Piederson.

The problem with Schwartz is that he's under contract currently, and he was previously passed over for HC. That makes the waters muddied, since they can't ask him back as DC because he is under contract

Being under contract as a DC is no issue with the possibility of a promotion to HC with another franchise.