If Not Rex Then Who ??

T master

As usual especially with this lose & the way it went down the Bills fans are calling for Rex head in true Bills fan fashion .

My question is if the Pegula's do decide to ax Rex after this season then who do you bring in ? I'm thinking that our old offensive coordinator G-Ro is out !

I don't know of anyone other than maybe the O coordinator from new england ??

Who would you all bring in if you were the GM ???

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual especially with this lose & the way it went down the Bills fans are calling for Rex head in true Bills fan fashion .

My question is if the Pegula's do decide to ax Rex after this season then who do you bring in ? I'm thinking that our old offensive coordinator G-Ro is out !

Top candidate is Anthony Lynn.

He's done well with this offense.......had bad moments in games but overall has done his job well...especially as a first time play caller......and he's a solid, smart, level headed, hard working coach with good support(like Parcells).

Rex isn't a lot of those things.

Not saying I'd love it but A. Lynn looks solid and he showed a pretty keen eye in knowing what changes to make from Roman's O and I bet he'd know who to bring in defensively to get more from this unit.

Under him I'd expect a more Mike Zimmer-esque 4-3.

First, beg belichick to come. Offer him whatever he wants. When he laughs in their face, immediately call Jim Harbaugh and do the same.

And then who do we call when Harbaugh laughs in our face too?

BB will never leave Foxborough; JH is not going to leave Ann Arbor.

If either actually did leave due to some miracle, they wouldn't come to Buffalo.

And then who do we call when Harbaugh laughs in our face too?

BB will never leave Foxborough; JH is not going to leave Ann Arbor.

If either actually did leave due to some miracle, they wouldn't come to Buffalo.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I could see Belichick coming to Buffalo.

And during the press conference announcing his hiring, writing "I quit" on a napkin.

you fricker I was going to start this thread but was going to call it "lets stop all the negative talk and focus on the positive" :nana:

I would bring back Schwartz as HC.

I really don't who would be a good GM but to me you take someone from a successful franchise so I would snipe someone from the Patriots. I know it's mostly Bill and Tom but it takes more than two people to run a successful franchise.

Tom Muthaf-----in' Coughlin, -Dat's who! :lol:

Coughlin + Cardale = Playoffs -End of story.

Romo and USC QB Sam Darnold 2018!

They could fire the GM, the scouting staff, and coaches... Set up a poll here of who to draft and have 1 of several posters here submit game plans each week, and make the play call. ..and I honestly think they'd do better. It defies the laws of nature that they can go this long without finding a competent QB or figure out how to string together enough wins to make the palyoffs.

So, you ask for a name... I say they jsut need to pull their heads out of their asses and do what we all know needs to be done.

Anyone

Usually "anyone but [blank]" is a bad idea. It's like the "how could it get any worse" - usually we find out it can indeed get a whole lot worse. But in this case, I'll make an exception. They brought in Rex to make this a dominating defense. It's become a mediocre at best defense, and it's trending in the wrong direction. If the Pegulas want to salvage something from this core group of players - Dareus/Kyle/Watkins/McCoy/Glenn/Clay/Hughes (maybe Tyrod) - they've got to make a change, and make it soon.

Usually "anyone but [blank]" is a bad idea. It's like the "how could it get any worse" - usually we find out it can indeed get a whole lot worse. But in this case, I'll make an exception. They brought in Rex to make this a dominating defense. It's become a mediocre at best defense, and it's trending in the wrong direction. If the Pegulas want to salvage something from this core group of players - Dareus/Kyle/Watkins/McCoy/Glenn/Clay/Hughes (maybe Tyrod) - they've got to make a change, and make it soon.

he is half the problem

Honestly as long as Russ Brandon has any significant say, it's gonna be a mediocre choice at best.

So true.

I truly believe Russ is the one who hyped the hell out of Rex and helped sway the Pegulas from Hue Jackson to Rex. It was reported that Hue thought the job was his and that he was probably the Bills guy if they hadn't gone for Rex.

That's all in the past though. Like you said.....the Pegulas need smarter people in the room with them the next time around. Not guys like Russ Brandon who have done nothing but oversee a dysfunctional losing product for almost 2 straight decades. They need to find people that understand the following:

1- This entire league is about the QB. If you don't have a really good one, you're no where.

2- Running and playing defense, while good is not nearly as important to sustaining success as this current staff would have you believe.

3- Aggressive playcalling, aggressive situational football, going for it on 4th and short can help win you a game or 2 a year if you play the %'s properly which can very likely be the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

Jack Del Rio, to my surprise, has actually been one of those coaches. When he was first hired, my first impression was he's an old defensive retread, but I was dead wrong. I think him coming out throwing with 30 seconds left in the 1st half showed you a lot about him. That's a coach I want to have. I actually think Oakland has done a masterful job building their team. They have found a good QB who can sling it with accuracy and anticpation. They've made wise investments, both with money and draft picks in the WR postion, which I view as the 2nd most important position to QB. They have a crappy D, but as any smart follower of football knows....defense is highly variable year to year. A really good D can be pretty bad next year, and a pretty bad D like Oakland could be pretty good next year. Offense, on the other hand, does not work like that at all, and is quite predictable year to year because it's so QB dependent. And when it comes to the Raiders it appears they have found a QB they can depend on and that likely means you will be able to depend on the Raiders being a pretty good team moving forward.

The Bills on the other hand are a train wreck at this point. They have a bad QB, average to below average WR's, a bad HC who brags about leading the league in rushing and makes excuses about being last in passing.......and an organization as a whole that seems to be fooled into believing that everything I just listed actually isn't the case, and that they'll be okay if the just "stay the course". Good luck with that Bills. Winners win, and losers lose......and as long as this ORGANIZATION has a losing philosophy and hires people that disregard reality and what it takes to win, then we will continue to be the losers we've been for nearly 2 straight decades.