If Not Rex Then Who ??

T master

Rex is one of the biggest problems. Tyrod Taylor is a guy you can win with. We have a losing culture and that starts at the top

Sure the Bills have won 6 games...5 of those games are against teams with an average of 3.2 wins so far this season...The 6th was against NE's injured 3rd string QB...

If you think the Bills can win with Tyrod...Especially after they pay him and handcuff themselves on the ability to do what's going to be necessary to build around him in order to take the next step...Good luck with that...

Tyrod is the #1 problem on this team...It's not the Defense which granted is not good, it's not the WR's, it's not the injuries...It's Tyrod...He can't beat good teams...We've been here before...Don't be blinded... B-)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As usual especially with this lose & the way it went down the Bills fans are calling for Rex head in true Bills fan fashion .

My question is if the Pegula's do decide to ax Rex after this season then who do you bring in ? I'm thinking that our old offensive coordinator G-Ro is out !

I don't know of anyone other than maybe the O coordinator from new england ??

Who would you all bring in if you were the GM ???

First of all, Pegula won't fire Rex.

Secondly, Rex is too good a politician to get fired at this point. He won't get fired until he goes 6-10 next year or 5-11 the year after. Rex is clearly a proven loser, but he is very clever and is a multi-millionaire even with his limited ability. Congrats Rex!

Brandon never wants to admit a mistake either, so he will not push for Rex to be fired. Pegula trusts Brandon and Whaley and believes they are top shelf managers so he will listen to them (wrongly)

It is too early to talk about a replacement. IMO, hiring Rex was a huge error in football terms, but successful short term as a public relations and ticket selling stunt. As long as Brandon keeps selling tickets, nothing will change.

Of course there are other coaches that could get 8 wins with this roster. But the question really is do you see this as a 10-11 win roster with a better coach? Assuming we have TT starting and the same players on D.

I doubt a new HC would sign with the burden of Tyrod (Rex's QB) tied to his back.

First of all, Pegula won't fire Rex.

Secondly, Rex is too good a politician to get fired at this point. He won't get fired until he goes 6-10 next year or 5-11 the year after. Rex is clearly a proven loser, but he is very clever and is a multi-millionaire even with his limited ability. Congrats Rex!

Brandon never wants to admit a mistake either, so he will not push for Rex to be fired. Pegula trusts Brandon and Whaley and believes they are top shelf managers so he will listen to them (wrongly)

It is too early to talk about a replacement. IMO, hiring Rex was a huge error in football terms, but successful short term as a public relations and ticket selling stunt. As long as Brandon keeps selling tickets, nothing will change.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote...

But I hope like hell you're wrong...

The sooner they move on from Rex the better...If they don't do it now it's another year lost IMHO... B-)

Consider this - what would BB say at halftime in a similar situation? Does he ever, ever take the foot off the gas pedal? What do you think a players coach like RR says at half time? "good job guys, you've earned this" etc? You look at someone on the Pats the wrong way and you're traded. Fools are not suffered gladly. A players coach accepts mediocrity and a mellow atmosphere. Hello 8 and 8 in perpetuity.

You are what your offensive stats say you are, last in passing or right at the bottom. 26 starts from Tyrod he is who we thought he is. Dynamic runner, good scrambler. Good long ball if the reciever is wide open. Not Acurate on mid to short route. No anticipation in

his throws. Will not take chances throwing to semi open receivers. He does not see the field well. Then what you get is almost dead last in passing yards. Like Denny Green and Bill Parcels says you are what your record and stats show you are.

For the love of God put in a real QB that can throw and anticipate

recievers coming out of the breaks. Cardale Jones would be that guy.

I just look at our team and think we're built to follow a certain blue print that a few other teams in the league adhere to. They play field position, don't turn it over, and score enough. But all of those teams play really really good defensively. We don't.

KC, DEN, and SEA can play mediocre offense, and win or be in all their games. They rarely get blown out or run off the field. They put themselves in makeable 3rd downs, and stop other teams on 3rd downs. They capitalize on mistakes. We don't do any of these things. Until we have a top 5 defense, we will never be good with this QB or offensive philosophy.

As usual especially with this lose & the way it went down the Bills fans are calling for Rex head in true Bills fan fashion .

My question is if the Pegula's do decide to ax Rex after this season then who do you bring in ? I'm thinking that our old offensive coordinator G-Ro is out !

In my personal opinion, this is a pointless conversation. I don't believe there is any chance at all that Rex is not back next year. There might be a tiny chance that Whalley is let go, but it is doubtful. I think he and Rex have a good working relationship and I think he can make the case for he and his team finding talent in the draft and free agency. And the injury excuse is strong.

I also feel that they will stick with Tyrod. Although I personal would not.

Just my two pennies. I might be completely wrong. It's happened before. LOL.

McDaniels or Patricia there's two. There is more though.

McDaniels? Anyone who says this guy should just drink a heaping cup of reality. He was one of the worst HC's ever in Denver, was fired as an OC in St Louis in his next gig after one year where he also was terrible and he is back in NE where Bill and Tom make him look good and make his job look easy. News flash...every OC in NE since BB and Brady has looked like a great coach, until they leave NE and you realize no matter who is the OC in NE they run BB's offense and Brady executes to the degree of the NFL all time Wins leader as a starting QB. The BB coaching tree is entirely made up of failures...every single one has failed everywhere they went in the NFL except for O'Brien in Houston where its too early to tell how well he will be as a HC. He is literally the only hope to find a non failure NFL coach out of the BB coaching tree.

If we signed McDaniels I would throw up. I would take Lynn over him any day of the week and about 100 other coaches.

McDaniels? Anyone who says this guy should just drink a heaping cup of reality. He was one of the worst HC's ever in Denver, was fired as an OC in St Louis in his next gig after one year where he also was terrible and he is back in NE where Bill and Tom make him look good and make his job look easy. News flash...every OC in NE since BB and Brady has looked like a great coach, until they leave NE and you realize no matter who is the OC in NE they run BB's offense and Brady executes to the degree of the NFL all time Wins leader as a starting QB. The BB coaching tree is entirely made up of failures...every single one has failed everywhere they went in the NFL except for O'Brien in Houston where its too early to tell how well he will be as a HC. He is literally the only hope to find a non failure NFL coach out of the BB coaching tree.

If we signed McDaniels I would throw up. I would take Lynn over him any day of the week and about 100 other coaches.

Crennell won 10 games with Cleveland, which is an achievement in and of itself.

I don't think for a second McDaniels would take a HC job in the AFC East regardless... B-)

I'll get killed for this, but I'll be okay.

Schwartz wouldn't have brought Taylor in. Taylor was a downgrade from EJ.

With Schwartz's defense, as well as the vastly improved running game with Shady/TD Mike, EJ would have been good enough to win games.

:lol::lol: please :lol:

EJ is worse than TT

Crennell won 10 games with Cleveland, which is an achievement in and of itself.

Lol...true, but his problem was that he went 6-10 and 4-12 the seasons before 10-6, then followed it up with a 4-12 season finishing with a HC record there of 24-40...in other words, failure.

And Dick Juaron also won COY for Chicago after a fluke 12 win season and we know how that story went.

If I'm the owner I'd crap can the entire thing, GM, coaches, and some high priced players along with some scouts. I'd hire that senior adviser, advisers to help find a team president with an actual NFL long term winning background and let him do the hiring and have all the football side accountability.

The owner with no prior NFL experience shouldn't be doing the hiring of any sort on the football side. That's even with a GM with limited NFL experience and a baseball guy pretending to be an NFL adviser.

You know a lot of HC failed in their First stop as BB

And how much longer was he there? He is very flawed and burns people out. I prefer the low key guys like Bill Bellicheck. heck- Dick Jauron managed eight wins a season in Buffalo and was much better than Harbaugh or Ryan.

He is, indeed. A mad genius. I thought of a 3yr deal because of this.

But objectively speaking, Jed York f'ed it up big time by siding with Balke over Harbaugh. They're two coaches removed and a world away from what they were 5 years ago.