If Not Rex Then Who ??

T master

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say James Franklin off the top of my head. We had a good coach about three years ago. We should have given him full control and a blank check, but we went with a guy who gives good press conferences instead.

Who was this good coach three years ago? Did I miss someone after Marrone?

You're probably right, regarding Harbaugh. But I'd offer him 4-yrs for 60 mil and see how strong his commitment to UM is.

Funny money might make him think about it.

And frankly, I could care less if it makes us look desperate. We are desperate.

I wouldn't want Harbaugh. He can take a mediocre or bad team and make it better, but he's too out of control to win big

Who was this good coach three years ago? Did I miss someone after Marrone?

Such bitterness. Marrone was a great coach and we traded it for an idiot who says funny things at press conferences. Getting a Ryan is fine as long as Mike Ditka is in control above them and they have 11 all-pros on defense.

I wouldn't want Harbaugh. He can take a mediocre or bad team and make it better, but he's too out of control to win big

The guy was a pubic hair away from winning the super bowl with colin f'n kaepernick as his qb...what are you talking about?

The guy was a pubic hair away from winning the super bowl with colin f'n kaepernick as his qb...what are you talking about?

And how much longer was he there? He is very flawed and burns people out. I prefer the low key guys like Bill Bellicheck. heck- Dick Jauron managed eight wins a season in Buffalo and was much better than Harbaugh or Ryan.

You seriously think another coach can't take this team and get to 7-9 wins??

Because that's all Rex will give you. Nothing more. His defense is done in today's NFL and he has no idea how to run an efficient offense

I can't believe after 2 garbage seasons people still want to keep him

Dick Jauron was a better coach , he got a team with no talent and half its players on IR to 7 wins 3 times in a row

You seriously think another coach can't take this team and get to 7-9 wins??

Because that's all Rex will give you. Nothing more. His defense is done in today's NFL and he has no idea how to run an efficient offense

I can't believe after 2 garbage seasons people still want to keep him

Dick Jauron was a better coach , he got a team with no talent and half its players on IR to 7 wins 3 times in a row

Of course there are other coaches that could get 8 wins with this roster. But the question really is do you see this as a 10-11 win roster with a better coach? Assuming we have TT starting and the same players on D.

I always liked Wade Philips, I wonder if he would be up for it?

File under 'Great Coordinator, Mediocre Head Coach'.

It's a pretty big file actually, which makes me hesitant to elevate a popular coordinator who doesn't have any head coach experience.

I still say give Cowher a blank check and tell him he will get a vote in the hiring of new front office personnel.

File under 'Great Coordinator, Mediocre Head Coach'.

It's a pretty big file actually, which makes me hesitant to elevate a popular coordinator who doesn't have any head coach experience.

I still say give Cowher a blank check and tell him he will get a vote in the hiring of new front office personnel.

Cowher or Gruden would be awesome!

They could fire the GM, the scouting staff, and coaches... Set up a poll here of who to draft and have 1 of several posters here submit game plans each week, and make the play call. ..and I honestly think they'd do better. It defies the laws of nature that they can go this long without finding a competent QB or figure out how to string together enough wins to make the palyoffs.

So, you ask for a name... I say they jsut need to pull their heads out of their asses and do what we all know needs to be done.

I call dibs on miami

You may be the only person on the planet who thinks Jauron is a better coach than Harbaugh.

I don't agree with a lot of what you post, but how can you argue with this? Jauron's mom also might prefer Jauron's coaching to Harbaugh's. Might.

I always liked Wade Philips, I wonder if he would be up for it?

I think he is a fantastic coach that has been in bad situations. Without a doubt one of the best defensive coordinators the game has ever seen as well

And how much longer was he there? He is very flawed and burns people out. I prefer the low key guys like Bill Bellicheck. heck- Dick Jauron managed eight wins a season in Buffalo and was much better than Harbaugh or Ryan.

Jesus.

First off, Jauron never got to 8 wins here. He's not as bad as he's made out to be, granted. But you can't seriously believe he was a better coach than Harbaugh. That's just asinine.

Harbaugh wins. That's all anyone should want in a coach.

You may be the only person on the planet who thinks Jauron is a better coach than Harbaugh.

He took a bunch of no-talents and won eight games. We should have won 10 games last season with what Ryan inherited

Jesus.

First off, Jauron never got to 8 wins here. He's not as bad as he's made out to be, granted. But you can't seriously believe he was a better coach than Harbaugh. That's just asinine.

Wrong- there is a lot more to being a leading that doing just wins. Going product over process is a long term fail. Harbaugh never stays anyplace long because he treats every second as if its the last.

Jesus.

Edited by Adam

Anyone

This is actually pretty close to my opinion...I know it's dripping in sarcasm...But still...

And I think it's important to understand the #1 problem with this team is not Rex...It's the QB position...But Rex is #2...And so is his Defense if you know what I mean...

Right now the important thing is Rex has to go...We'll get to the replacement...But first lets get rid of the self-proclaimed Defensive genius... B-)

This is actually pretty close to my opinion...I know it's dripping in sarcasm...But still...

And I think it's important to understand the #1 problem with this team is not Rex...It's the QB position...But Rex is #2...And so is his Defense if you know what I mean...

Right now the important thing is Rex has to go...We'll get to the replacement...But first lets get rid of the self-proclaimed Defensive genius... B-)

Rex is one of the biggest problems. Tyrod Taylor is a guy you can win with. We have a losing culture and that starts at the top