If Not Rex Then Who ??

T master

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I look at things differently, maybe having watched these teams for over 40 years has me a little more results oriented. The first big decision was to hire Rex and give him 5 years... I think that's a big mistake. With the Sabres, should have let go of Regier immediately, hiring Lafontaine and Nolan was a joke. He went for good PR, not good quality. I think I like Murray, but the Winnipeg trade will likely turn out a loser, Lehner is still up in the air, and we really need to turn it on soon to have a legitimate playoff chance. It's too soon to say the Sabres on the right track for sustained success and the Bills have huge question marks with the HC and QB, not a good place for question marks.

Great post!

I'd take Marrone back if it meant getting rid of Rex. No, I'm not kidding. Rex Ryan is the 2nd worst HC the Bills have had since Marv Levy left (Gregg Williams). He has to go.

I actually think Marrone is worse. But that's not a ringing endorsement at all

I'll get killed for this, but I'll be okay.

Schwartz wouldn't have brought Taylor in. Taylor was a downgrade from EJ.

With Schwartz's defense, as well as the vastly improved running game with Shady/TD Mike, EJ would have been good enough to win games.

I found it funny that tyrod is never asked to throw more than 30 times. And when he does... has he won yet? But in EJs two games last year EJ was asked to throw the ball 42 per game. I say all this to say why are they seriously considering paying a guy who they cant depend on to -- without training wheels-- go out there and be a qb. There is a night and day difference between what Tyrod does vs the playoff performers. Tyrod id worthb9 or 10 mil a season right now. Had McCoy mot been on this team we would have to rely all on tyrod and we would then see. How many games he could win us.

I found it funny that tyrod is never asked to throw more than 30 times. And when he does... has he won yet? But in EJs two games last year EJ was asked to throw the ball 42 per game. I say all this to say why are they seriously considering paying a guy who they cant depend on to -- without training wheels-- go out there and be a qb. There is a night and day difference between what Tyrod does vs the playoff performers. Tyrod id worthb9 or 10 mil a season right now. Had McCoy mot been on this team we would have to rely all on tyrod and we would then see. How many games he could win us.

Ej was asked to throw 40+ times because he sucked and put us in deficits.

Sure the Bills have won 6 games...5 of those games are against teams with an average of 3.2 wins so far this season...The 6th was against NE's injured 3rd string QB...

If you think the Bills can win with Tyrod...Especially after they pay him and handcuff themselves on the ability to do what's going to be necessary to build around him in order to take the next step...Good luck with that...

Tyrod is the #1 problem on this team...It's not the Defense which granted is not good, it's not the WR's, it's not the injuries...It's Tyrod...He can't beat good teams...We've been here before...Don't be blinded... B-)

I dont think tyrod is the number 1 problem. I think his cap figure is. I would rather get us another number 2 and/or 3 wr depending on if woods resigns or if Listenbee turns into something. Get a right tackle and give us a qb who may be flawed but looks to use ALL the weapons. Some sort of pocket awareness and quicker release. We are money. I actually dont think a switch back to 43 would be that hard lawson can play left end now. We still have hughes for right. Dareus and williams or worthy who can play dt. Linebackers are good enough. We just would need real safeties. I sayball this about the defense to say a defensive scheme switch wouldn't be as arduous as it has been in the past. Moving on from rex wouldnt bother me too much at all

I dont think tyrod is the number 1 problem. I think his cap figure is. I would rather get us another number 2 and/or 3 wr depending on if woods resigns or if Listenbee turns into something. Get a right tackle and give us a qb who may be flawed but looks to use ALL the weapons. Some sort of pocket awareness and quicker release. We are money. I actually dont think a switch back to 43 would be that hard lawson can play left end now. We still have hughes for right. Dareus and williams or worthy who can play dt. Linebackers are good enough. We just would need real safeties. I sayball this about the defense to say a defensive scheme switch wouldn't be as arduous as it has been in the past. Moving on from rex wouldnt bother me too much at all

I seriously doubt the Bills part ways with Rex...Not matter what I think about the guy, and I'm not a big fan, I think they intend on seeing this through...

The deal with Rex is so frustrating to me...I get that cutting ties after two years, spinning the wheels again, is very possibly counter-productive...Especially short-term...At the same time I don't think anyone can assume it's going to get better under Rex either...Rex did not come in here and say that Bills would be decent defensively...He came in here and made comparisons to the 2000 Ravens D!!!...So he gets here...guns blazing...and completely blows up the scheme of a top 5 Defense... In year one we go from the best pass rush D to one of the worst...This past off-season he says now they have his system down and it will be fixed...The pass rush has improved this year, but otherwise it's still a pretty porous D at times...Even though this is Rex's 2nd year it still looks to me that this bunch is better suited to a 4-3 than a 3-4...Of course as long as Rex is here absolutely nothing will change scheme wise...

They likely lose Gilmore next year...Not that he's worth top dollar, but it does create a big hole...Lorenzo Alexander, Zach Brown, Corey White, Corbin Bryant, and Douzable are all UFA's in 2017...Losing any of them bare minimum creates depth issues on Defense...The Bills need to build on what they have...A lot...Not subtract...I don't know...Hard to get overly optimistic...Rex has yet to impress with the talent he has...How is he going to do with less? B-)