If Not Rex Then Who ??

T master

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say James Franklin off the top of my head. We had a good coach about three years ago. We should have given him full control and a blank check, but we went with a guy who gives good press conferences instead.

And then who do we call when Harbaugh laughs in our face too?

BB will never leave Foxborough; JH is not going to leave Ann Arbor.

If either actually did leave due to some miracle, they wouldn't come to Buffalo.

You're probably right, regarding Harbaugh. But I'd offer him 4-yrs for 60 mil and see how strong his commitment to UM is.

Funny money might make him think about it.

And frankly, I could care less if it makes us look desperate. We are desperate.

Rex isn't going anywhere nor should he

Schwartz was a disaster as head coach of the lions.

The Schwartz love is overboard , quick question how much better was Schwartz then pettine?

You have a solid staff in place . Why blow the whole thing up because you don't have a qb ? Who is going to consistently win without one ? When Tyrod is in the pocket he is the worst qb in the league.

Top candidate is Anthony Lynn.

He's done well with this offense.......had bad moments in games but overall has done his job well...especially as a first time play caller......and he's a solid, smart, level headed, hard working coach with good support(like Parcells).

Rex isn't a lot of those things.

Not saying I'd love it but A. Lynn looks solid and he showed a pretty keen eye in knowing what changes to make from Roman's O and I bet he'd know who to bring in defensively to get more from this unit.

Under him I'd expect a more Mike Zimmer-esque 4-3.

I like Lynn a ton! He has made the transition from RB's coach to OC really well so far. I"d like to see him as OC a bit more than just one partial season.

Yet, I'd rather the Bills not hire another new head coach with such a steep learning curve in being an NFL HC. Who is the DC and OC?

If the Bills have to hire a new to the NFL HC I would rather see someone like Kyle Shanahan, http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/10/06/kyle-shanahan-nfl-coaching-carousel-list-notebook

Also, looking at what Redskins OC Sean McVay has done with Kirk Cousins, http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/08/02/nfl-washington-sean-mcvay-offensive-coordinator-head-coach-kirk-cousins-jay-gruden

It's like McVay is more like Jon Gruden than Jay Gruden is. That Washington offense is #9 in points and #2 in yards.

Should the team look for someone with actual NFL experience I'd say Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, Jim Schwartz, Mike Smith.

Edited by Nihilarian

I'd take Marrone back if it meant getting rid of Rex. No, I'm not kidding. Rex Ryan is the 2nd worst HC the Bills have had since Marv Levy left (Gregg Williams). He has to go.

Marrone wouldn't return with Whaley, Brandon still in charge and is the reason the guy walked away in the first place.

As usual especially with this lose & the way it went down the Bills fans are calling for Rex head in true Bills fan fashion .

My question is if the Pegula's do decide to ax Rex after this season then who do you bring in ? I'm thinking that our old offensive coordinator G-Ro is out !

I don't know of anyone other than maybe the O coordinator from new england ??

Who would you all bring in if you were the GM ???

The answer of course is about 50 guys could do a better job than Rex- probably more.

Edited by The Thurmanator

What would have been his solution to the QB void?

I'll get killed for this, but I'll be okay.

Schwartz wouldn't have brought Taylor in. Taylor was a downgrade from EJ.

With Schwartz's defense, as well as the vastly improved running game with Shady/TD Mike, EJ would have been good enough to win games.

Who's gonna be his QB? That's the key question for him or any other HC.

Give me 3 years on the Cooter/Mahomes ticket. He's done a great job with Stafford, helped with the irritating decision making that's held him back. Mahomes in a work-in-progress but he's got that level of arm strength.

Different candidates will bring different answers. Mahomes is my Cooter solution.

Give me 3 years on the Cooter/Mahomes ticket. He's done a great job with Stafford, helped with the irritating decision making that's held him back. Mahomes in a work-in-progress but he's got that level of arm strength.

Different candidates will bring different answers. Mahomes is my Cooter solution.

Good thought here. No more mediocre caretaker QBs with the hope of getting by.

Good thought here. No more mediocre caretaker QBs with the hope of getting by.

By the same token, I'm not actually opposed to using the same Cooter logic and vouching for giving Cardale a shot in this circumstance.

Maybe we strike oil with the kid. If so, cheap starting QB for 3 years. If not, nothing prohibits us taking a shot in the 2018 class.