I blame Dareus

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so convenient that we made a shipping boy out of a pro bowl DE last year, one who was one of our best players before Rex and now we are making one out of our pro bowl DTs last year who was one of our best players before Rex.

Anyone think its Rex?

This isn't a Rex Ryan ripping apart thread, but that would be too easy. Especially given he didn't sit McCoy, who was the reason he played. Everyone on the staff did not want him playing and knew he would be ineffective. But, McCoy insisted and Rex gave in per my understanding of sources.

Bottom line, Dareus would not have made a difference. Our LB's and lanes were left wide open. We were stunting and trying to play cute on D. Do the confusing things Rex does to QBs. Well, it doesn't work against ground hard run games. We were outcoacjed before anything.

And save me we had injuries. Injuries happen and Watkins nor McCoy were going to be a factor yestersya. woods, maybe for his blocking.

Bottom line, Dareus would not have made a difference. Our LB's and lanes were left wide open. We were stunting and trying to play cute on D. Do the confusing things Rex does to QBs. Well, it doesn't work against ground hard run games. We were outcoacjed before anything.

Don't know about that. I saw a bunch of plays where Douzable got blown up and Dareus wouldn't have been.

Its so convenient that we made a shipping boy out of a pro bowl DE last year, one who was one of our best players before Rex and now we are making one out of our pro bowl DTs last year who was one of our best players before Rex.

Anyone think its Rex?

This isn't a Rex Ryan ripping apart thread, but that would be too easy. Especially given he didn't sit McCoy, who was the reason he played. Everyone on the staff did not want him playing and knew he would be ineffective. But, McCoy insisted and Rex gave in per my understanding of sources.

And save me we had injuries. Injuries happen and Watkins nor McCoy were going to be a factor yestersya. woods, maybe for his blocking.

Rex?

You do realize MW has been in the doghouse in Miami and is a marginal starter in Miami correct?

Dareus has had problems with the Bills before Rex ever got here. Rex has nothing to do with Dareus' stupidity.

Did you know there's a difference between the word "to" and "too"?

Lame. So pathetic when people do this.

yeaaah...the evidence has come in and now we know definitively that Dareus injured himself on purpose. it is fact that this loss was his fault.

Your completely missing the point. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Living in DC, Dareus reminds me of the Skins when they signed free agent Albert Haynesworth to a big contract. They basically got nothing for all that money. Dareus can still turn it around but the Bills have been burnt thus far. Before anyone bitches me out, I'm comparing the contract not the player. I don't think Dareus is a bum like Haynesworth.

Rex?

You do realize MW has been in the doghouse in Miami and is a marginal starter in Miami correct?

Dareus has had problems with the Bills before Rex ever got here. Rex has nothing to do with Dareus' stupidity.

Rex didn't bench Mario. Clearly he should have. And how many called for it? We had a while bandwaggon saying Rex had to play Mario because IK was worse than half ass Mario.

Rex has everything to do with coaching his DL not to over commit on lanes and coming in hard. The Fins OL is good and when we lose Kyle Williams we were done. Rex the wonder D lover genius couldn't scheme yesterday up.

This wont be the last and it was clear this was a regular occurance. We looked I'll prepared for a team that can only run. How did that happen? Brandon spikes looked good and horrible at times. Our entire DL was embarrassing being blown outside leaving our LB's to be destroyed by OL. Bottom line was this was coaching

Don't know about that. I saw a bunch of plays where Douzable got blown up and Dareus wouldn't have been.

douzable did get his ass handed to him but we kept playing the same scheme. The same stupid Setup. We needed to use our strengths left to capitalize. In a game where all we had to do was not give up a big play by leaving lanes open... we got blown up.

This wont be the last and it was clear this was a regular occurance. We looked I'll prepared for a team that can only run. How did that happen? Brandon spikes looked good and horrible at times. Our entire DL was embarrassing being blown outside leaving our LB's to be destroyed by OL. Bottom line was this was coaching

douzable did get his ass handed to him but we kept playing the same scheme. The same stupid Setup. We needed to use our strengths left to capitalize. In a game where all we had to do was not give up a big play by leaving lanes open... we got blown up.

Will have to look at All-22 to form a better opinion, but to my naked eye, the D scheme changed in the second half. Players were in position to make the stop, but blew the tackles, especially the horrific run from the 1 yd line. Ajayi broke two tackles at the 4 yd line. Miami did to us what we did to the '49ers last week. By the 4th Q, the legs were gone.

so blame a player, that wasn't playing, for the performance of both the players and the coaches on the field today. makes sense.

...regardless of how you feel towards Dareus and his situation, this is silly.

Disagree. Dareus would have made a huge difference in the run D and that is what cost us the game. Not silly at all. Certainly the players that did play have to be held accountable, but to say it would not have made a difference is just not logical. I don't know of anyone who doesn't believe that Dareus would have made a difference and we probably would have won with him in the lineup.

Disagree. Dareus would have made a huge difference in the run D and that is what cost us the game. Not silly at all. Certainly the players that did play have to be held accountable, but to say it would not have made a difference is just not logical. I don't know of anyone who doesn't believe that Dareus would have made a difference and we probably would have won with him in the lineup.

A good Dareus sure, a tub of goo Dareus who doesn't like his role in the scheme I'm not so sure. I'm surprised so many are so positive he will show up his first game and be a dominant game-changing force after not having played real football in forever.

Edited by stevewin

Rex didn't bench Mario. Clearly he should have. And how many called for it? We had a while bandwaggon saying Rex had to play Mario because IK was worse than half ass Mario.

Rex has everything to do with coaching his DL not to over commit on lanes and coming in hard. The Fins OL is good and when we lose Kyle Williams we were done. Rex the wonder D lover genius couldn't scheme yesterday up.

I think Rex, and not the players, was guilty of looking ahead to next week. Game plan looked a bit stale. Oh well, at least we'll have a healthy Shady next week...

I can't blame Dareus since he didn't play but I agree that he hurt the team today.

Yeah but that IS why you can blame him. He didn;t play

He has zero trade value given the shape he's in, his bad brain and his insane contract.

Come on...

Not to mention he is one positive test result away from a one year suspension. I would say the odds are 90-10 he fails another some time before his career is over

A good Dareus sure, a tub of goo Dareus who doesn't like his role in the scheme I'm not so sure. I'm surprised so many are so positive he will show up his first game and be a dominant game-changing force after not having played real football in forever.

A shot of him on the sidelines during the Rams game looked like he was completely out of shape for any sport except competitive eating. From that look I suspect he spent the 4 week suspension doing nothing..

Will have to look at All-22 to form a better opinion, but to my naked eye, the D scheme changed in the second half. Players were in position to make the stop, but blew the tackles, especially the horrific run from the 1 yd line. Ajayi broke two tackles at the 4 yd line. Miami did to us what we did to the '49ers last week. By the 4th Q, the legs were gone.

yes. Totally agree. That we came out so I'll prepared to start the game confused me. I remember at some point amid my viewing seeing Brandon spikes fight thru traffic to make a tackle 6 yards up field. I saw the reply. He blew by the DL who had over penetrated, and an LB that stunted in a twist leaving the OG open one on one with spikes. Spikes defeated the block and made the tackle from the 4 gap coverage.

I was too busy seeing our D scheme not work to single out a player who under performed. There will be more than one.

I wish they would have treated Shady just like him, sit him until the hammy is 101%. Can't play pro football with a bad hamstring. more useful on the bench. is what it is.

Rex is too player friendly, and McCoy is a baller. Rex prob asked Shady if he felt okay. Shady said "yes." Rex puts him in. I agree. Totally unacceptable to have Shady play against Miami so he can re-aggravate the hamstring. Was Rex not around last year?!??! Doesn't he see the difference between a hobbled Shady and a non-injured Shady?

Rex is too player friendly, and McCoy is a baller. Rex prob asked Shady if he felt okay. Shady said "yes." Rex puts him in. I agree. Totally unacceptable to have Shady play against Miami so he can re-aggravate the hamstring. Was Rex not around last year?!??! Doesn't he see the difference between a hobbled Shady and a non-injured Shady?

per sources this is what happened essentially

I think Rex, and not the players, was guilty of looking ahead to next week. Game plan looked a bit stale. Oh well, at least we'll have a healthy Shady next week...

I hope we have a healthy Shady next week. I'm going up for the game and I really don't care if they sit him through the Bye week. The difference in a RB like Shady healthy and hamstring bothered is night and day. Rex should be on an even shorter leash after letting Shady play. Totally moronic. But then again, it's Rex.

Lame. So pathetic when people do this.

Your completely missing the point. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Really. Feel free to correct me (as I will you - it's "YOU'RE" ffs) but 'the point' is that it is Dareus's fault that he is injured and therefore it is Dareus's fault that we lost. If the injury is his fault, then sure, burn the witch. But the actual fact here is we don't know what happened. Maybe he got injured in practice through no fault of his own like so many other players do...is that not a possibility or even likely?

Perhaps you are some sort of insider with actual knowledge of the situation. Please enlighten us if so. Otherwise, you are just another of many here who draw conclusions based on not much. At least you are in good company.

I get the whole F Dareus comments cuz i was and still am a part of the group that says it and feels that way still.

But i also know that if he comes back and starts putting on a show, we're gonna go back to loving the guy. Just a fan's way of thinking.

I'm definitely not part of the get rid or or trade him community.

I think we need to just let it play out the way it will and see if he shows up for the NE game.

If he does, then I'm at a "come on Dareus, kill Brady" mentality.

If he doesn't, then it's back to F U Dareus.

Simple really.

You can make an argument that with Dareus, the Bills could be undefeated. Certainly his presence would have drastically altered the Baltimore, NY, and Miami games. Depending on the Bills final record, Dareus could be the main reason this season gets flushed. We're teetering on 17 and counting, and our hopes rest on a young, out of shape and poorly conditioned multi-millionaire with a drug habit, er, ADHD. Fills me with hope.

Honestly I keep expecting to check TBD one morning and see a headline "Bills Release Marcel Dareus." I think it's just a matter of time.

So, not wanting to wade through this thread, does anyone know if/when MD is coming back at all? I mean, if he's so undermotivated that he can't get over a hamstring pull and at least pretend to care, im not sure the bills want him around?

A shot of him on the sidelines during the Rams game looked like he was completely out of shape for any sport except competitive eating. From that look I suspect he spent the 4 week suspension doing nothing..

when has he ever looked in shape.....he has always looked like this

I hope we have a healthy Shady next week. I'm going up for the game and I really don't care if they sit him through the Bye week. The difference in a RB like Shady healthy and hamstring bothered is night and day. Rex should be on an even shorter leash after letting Shady play. Totally moronic. But then again, it's Rex.

Beyond moronic. I was on record saying to sit him for NE, but bye week wouldn't have bothered me either.

What's that saying about people not learning from their history are bound to repeat it??? Rex screwed this up, but considering how Sammy was handled it shouldn't surprise me.

Honestly I keep expecting to check TBD one morning and see a headline "Bills Release Marcel Dareus." I think it's just a matter of time.

With his contract and dead money, you won't see that. But I could see a morning headline "Marcel to PUP list, season over"

With his contract and dead money, you won't see that. But I could see a morning headline "Marcel to PUP list, season over"

I hated that pick and, looking back, J.J. Watt was available, among others. Dareus acted like a fool before and during he got drafted. check out NFL.com film. Man, they wasted a 3rd pick on a fat fool.

You can make an argument that with Dareus, the Bills could be undefeated. Certainly his presence would have drastically altered the Baltimore, NY, and Miami games. Depending on the Bills final record, Dareus could be the main reason this season gets flushed. We're teetering on 17 and counting, and our hopes rest on a young, out of shape and poorly conditioned multi-millionaire with a drug habit, er, ADHD. Fills me with hope.

It be a bad argument, but that's never stopped anyone.

AJ Green would look good in a Bills Uni... Same with Patrick Peterson.

Right. If we had drafted Green, that stupid Watkins trade would have been avoided. Who knows who we would have got in that draft without giving up a first round pick? This is what drags teams down for years.

so blame a player, that wasn't playing, for the performance of both the players and the coaches on the field today. makes sense.

...regardless of how you feel towards Dareus and his situation, this is silly.

Not really... He is getting paid to do a job. He should not have come back from suspension in poor condition. That's like a laborer showing up to work unprepared to with for the day. He is an obvious upgrade over Douzable or others. He also would provide fresh legs to a group that has played a lot already. I think he cost us an advantage against the Miami run game especially. Edited by dulles

Yeah, a matter of at least 3 maybe four more years. No way to eat that contract. I don't think they should , as I think he's an excellent player. But it would be prohibitive cap- wise to do so .

Not really... He is getting paid to do a job. He should not have come back from suspension in poor condition. That's like a laborer showing up to work unprepared to with for the day. He is an obvious upgrade over Douzable or others. He also would provide fresh legs to a group that has played a lot already. I think he cost us an advantage against the Miami run game especially.

NFL players get hammy pulls all the time. It didn't mean he wasn't in good condition.

NFL players get hammy pulls all the time. It didn't mean he wasn't in good condition.

Ehhhh, doesn't look good for him or Shady. Spend a little time stretching, after all, big guy had nothing but free time on his hands already....because, ya know, he already squandered a month. Shady has a hammy history which should have made it a priority for a guy obsessed with his job. (So, someone else.)