I Don't Feel Like Playing Today

Gugny

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going back to last year with Goodwin, Sammy, Dareus and McCoy ... and up to this current week ... it seems that Rex has created an environment in which players can just "opt out," of a game, as if it's a Common Core exam.

In a league that players ALWAYS play injured, this bothers me.

There is no such thing as 100% healthy in the NFL. Everyone knows this.

But to this day, on most teams, players play through those injuries.

The Bills, however, don't seem to set that expectation. As a fan, it's disheartening.

Gug, perhaps you should "enter rehab"..

Candidly speaking, I think you can remove Shady and Goodwin from your commentary. They both have serious heart, and they both are warriors. The other two, jury is very much out.

If Shady misses this weekend, I am honestly not worried about a major drop off. I like what I have watched from Gilles. Not saying that we can easily replace Shady. With our O Line, Tyrod's ability to escape and how Gilles has already filled in, I think we will be OK.

Goodwin....a warrior?? Say what?!

And who is Gilles

When I played I never heard of someone not playing because of a hamstring or hurt foot. That would have been comical. I broke every finger and they would just tape it up and send me back out. I remember I missed a practice to get an x-ray on said finger and the coach flipped out on me like I was being a wimp. If your hamstring hurts then jog it off. If you have a concussion then sniff some smelling salts. If you have a broken arm then wrap your cast with some padding and use it like a club. I understand what the OP is saying. Football used to be a man's game. The woosification of America has leaked into the sport and the players are soft imo.

I get your point, but I think it's more than the woosification of America. Most of us didn't play at the same level of football that these guys play at. Comparing High School football to the NFL is like comparing bumper cars to a smash-up derby (for those old enough to remember these events).

When I played I never heard of someone not playing because of a hamstring or hurt foot. That would have been comical. I broke every finger and they would just tape it up and send me back out. I remember I missed a practice to get an x-ray on said finger and the coach flipped out on me like I was being a wimp. If your hamstring hurts then jog it off. If you have a concussion then sniff some smelling salts. If you have a broken arm then wrap your cast with some padding and use it like a club. I understand what the OP is saying. Football used to be a man's game. The woosification of America has leaked into the sport and the players are soft imo.

Or maybe the rising cost of NFL's Health Insurance and the end state of many players who played a "Man's Game" during the 70's / 80's / 90's have something to do with it. Not denying your points of view, only rebutting in the spirit of that was probably a different time with different circumstances.

I'm amazed at some posters' level of omniscience and ability to analyze others' level of injury and pain tolerance.

I fought through it, therefore professional athletes should as well...To be completely honest, I didn't feel like posting today...I was going to simply opt out, but I sucked it up and did...#meetingexpectations...

This and the OP are two of the worst posts I've ever read in the history of this forum.

I like how taking care of one's health is considered "woosification". Yeah, like the NFL really gives a flying **** if you're wheelchair bound in your 60s because you decided to play through a spinal fracture in a Week 6 game against the Texans on Thursday night.

I can understand not playing through discomfort, but battling through injuries and being ineffective is pointless.

Going back to last year with Goodwin, Sammy, Dareus and McCoy ...

My view, McCoy is a warrior. SW I find aggravating, but I believe he really wants to play. Goodwin has made a career of playing little and collecting a smallish NFL check. Dareus = Haynesworth. But give Dareus credit he sure can generate a lot of fan sympathy

Edited by MarkyMannn