I Don't Feel Like Playing Today

Gugny

You guys can think I'm trolling all you want. But let's face it, it's a matter of opinion. I merely stated mine and I think the evidence shows that I'm probably right.

Evidence. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

-Inigo Monthapless

This is what bothers me the most about Dareus. Every other player who was suspended the first four weeks came back in week five ready to play. I think Marshmello was just sitting around eating ho-hos playing x-box for four weeks. The Bills shoulda hired a personal trainer for him so that he could have been staying in shape while away from the team.

Why do you think he was away from the team? Suspended players (unless for PED) are allowed to use the team facilities etc., just not participate in team practices.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys can think I'm trolling all you want. But let's face it, it's a matter of opinion. I merely stated mine and I think the evidence shows that I'm probably right.

How about showing the comparative analysis across the entire league that you have to justify or buttress the claims you have made. Absent any data, you're just posting an unqualified opinion.

How about showing the comparative analysis across the entire league that you have to justify or buttress the claims you have made. Absent any data, you're just posting an unqualified opinion.

Watch the games on Sundays and read football news throughout the week. That's really all you need to do in order to see how many players continue to play through aches and pains.

Watch the games on Sundays and read football news throughout the week. That's really all you need to do in order to see how many players continue to play through aches and pains.

Or in other words, "I can't actually prove I'm anywhere close to correct, so I'm going to tell you to prove me wrong instead."

Sorry, I think this is a "trollista" response but I will give it a serious response. Watching the games on Sunday of itself provides little to no insight into which players are playing injured and how they are playing.

Neither does generally "reading football news throughout the week" which will provide a mismash of "distance doctor" diagnoses and prognoses without ever having examined the patient, "news scoops" of questionable veracity, and information issued by the team which is deliberately made vague and uninformative as possible.

For example, a "hamstring" injury can mean anything from "half the muscle is torn off the bone and probably needs surgery" to "slight tearing that needs a couple weeks rest to avoid further injury/surgery" to "mild overload/overstretch that hurts like the dickens but can be loosened up and and played with". Unless you're the team doctor, the player's doctor, the player, or the coach, watching the games and reading the news does not differentiate.

You could probably make a case by tracking how often Bills players appear on Injury Report for specific injuries like "hamstring" or "knee", noting whether or not they play that Sunday, and then doing the same for, say, 5 or 6 other teams. Then if you consistently find Bills players on injury report go on to play less often than players with the same listing, you could make a case. But you haven't done that, and doubt you would.

Simple. There are more precautions now then there used to be. Rushing a player, one that has a hamstring issue, could do more damage to said hammy and be out longer.

For years on this board all I heard is this team has no depth. Well, it does now and a lot of that has to do with injuries and players stepping up in their respective moments.

Dareus will be back and fresh.

Sammy will be back.

McCoy will be back.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Going back to last year with Goodwin, Sammy, Dareus and McCoy ... and up to this current week ... it seems that Rex has created an environment in which players can just "opt out," of a game, as if it's a Common Core exam.

In a league that players ALWAYS play injured, this bothers me.

There is no such thing as 100% healthy in the NFL. Everyone knows this.

But to this day, on most teams, players play through those injuries.

The Bills, however, don't seem to set that expectation. As a fan, it's disheartening.

Couldn't disagree more. All injuries are not equal, to begin with. If a player could make the injury worse and end up being out longer , they should not play. If they cannot be effective due to the injury, they should not play. All players play through pain on all teams. Pain is one thing, not physically being able to do your job due to injury is another. The Bills are no different than any other NFL team in this regard . Players want to play, not to sit. Even more so when on an expiring contract or a first contract. Some fans of every team probably think their team has more injuries, a lesser training staff, or players that do as they please compared with other teams. Players don't play in the league very long and are motivated by many things including their next payday. Sitting out doesn't put up stats or wins and doesn't make a player attractive to any other teams so there is zero reason for a player to do this. Some fans will just always think they are tougher than the guys who actually play the game.

Or in other words, "I can't actually prove I'm anywhere close to correct, so I'm going to tell you to prove me wrong instead."

Ha! Exactly... It's as if us fans are to believe that all Bills players in the game on Sunday are not playing through any kind of injury and every other teams players are. Oh, and only the Bills have players sidelined with " injuries" . This is because the Bills coaches/ management are " soft" compared with other teams expectations. It's so disheartening , it makes one want to be a fan of pretty much any other NFL team.