NFLN: Anthony Lynn Doing Wonders for the Bills' Run Game

The run game is off the charts. You might see Lynn make the jump to head coach as a result

He has had interviews in the past (perhaps for Rooney Rule purposes) but he deserves them on the merits for sure.

One thing that I was not familiar with was how he came back from that tragic accident when he was an assistant with the Cowboys I think. He is tough as nails.

I love how they make a point of using Felton in the run game

It's like why did we pay him to come here and never use him

I started a thread last season that questioned why he was on the team. Huge difference from last season with Lynn as the OC.

he definitely seems to have this offense rolling. they seem to get more dangerous as the game wears on. some of these runs are just fantastic to watch. it seems as though the offensive blocking schemes are being bought into just like the defensive schemes. this team is operating as a TEAM, and it is a beautiful thing to watch. i still worry about what happens when we get into a shootout, but i am loving watching these boys have their way with the opposition the past few weeks!

@MikeTanier

I enjoy watching the #Bills offense now that Greg Roman is gone and Anthony Lynn is free to run a Greg Roman offense.

it's as if he took the playbook and just said "don't overthink it, just go hit your man, hit the hole full speed.

Baldinger is one of the few national football analysts/commentators who always knows what he's talking about and has long touted the Bills when they had it going, particularly the line. And usually in the face of smirks from the other guys. Very fair, very insightful guy.

My fear is some team will vulture him away into a HCing gig !

It's not just the ground game that Lynn has working well and he is doing it with a somewhat limited player at QB. Expect a bunch of coaches to get stolen away should the Bills make the playoffs this year.

@MikeTanier

I enjoy watching the #Bills offense now that Greg Roman is gone and Anthony Lynn is free to run a Greg Roman offense.

Roman is the premier run game designer in football.

He just struggles to decide on plays on gameday and the lack of tempo offsets much of what is gained by the great design.

Lynn appears to have a bigger picture mind.........he might not be able to design an offense like this.........but he can see where the flaws are and he's implementing plays that help guys like Tyrod and Shady make the right decisions.

Love this run game and this style of football in general. I love a QB who can throw as much as any other person, we all loved Jim Kelly, but controlling time of possession with a running game and having a nasty defense will do wonders for a team's record. The Tampa Bay Bucs, the Baltimore Ravens of the early 2000's, like watching those teams play. The Bucs had Mike Alstott and Warrick Dunn. The Ravens had Jamaal Lewis and Priest Holmes. We have McCoy and Gilleslee. If the defense and offense keep clicking, if we can stay healthy, we could really make some noise this year. Lynn's approach has been fantastic.

Love this run game and this style of football in general. I love a QB who can throw as much as any other person, we all loved Jim Kelly, but controlling time of possession with a running game and having a nasty defense will do wonders for a team's record. The Tampa Bay Bucs, the Baltimore Ravens of the early 2000's, like watching those teams play. The Bucs had Mike Alstott and Warrick Dunn. The Ravens had Jamaal Lewis and Priest Holmes. We have McCoy and Gilleslee. If the defense and offense keep clicking, if we can stay healthy, we could really make some noise this year. Lynn's approach has been fantastic.

Yes.

If you dominate the line of scrimmage, you dominate the game and demoralize the opposition (as we did the 49er defense in the second half).

Love the way the O and running game are working... but if they are too dependent on McCoy (to use a popular phrase on this board)... it's not sustainable. Don't get me wrong, LeSean is awesome, but most RB's who get 17-25 touches per game are going to get banged up at some point. McCoy will get hurt at some point, they always do. I'd like to see them work in Gillislee and Williams a bit more...get them used to playing when it matters.

One of the things you get from a power game and hat on hat kind of blocking and play calling are the easy TD runs in the fourth quarter by Dizzy and Shady. Those were simple. The 49ers had just worn down and given up. Obviously you can't run for 300 yards in many games but the simplification of the blocking and play calls and formations and groupings has had a profound affect on the team and games. This is the bully.

Love the way the O and running game are working... but if they are too dependent on McCoy (to use a popular phrase on this board)... it's not sustainable. Don't get me wrong, LeSean is awesome, but most RB's who get 17-25 touches per game are going to get banged up at some point. McCoy will get hurt at some point, they always do. I'd like to see them work in Gillislee and Williams a bit more...get them used to playing when it matters.

...And...right on que, Shady tweaks his hamstring in practice.

...And...right on que, Shady tweaks his hamstring in practice.

We will see what happens. Gillislee and Williams won't be as explosive but McCoy isn't going to miss the game as of right now. Bills fans need to simmer down a bit. It's like we are waiting on something to f it all up lol.

We will see what happens. Gillislee and Williams won't be as explosive but McCoy isn't going to miss the game as of right now. Bills fans need to simmer down a bit. It's like we are waiting on something to f it all up lol.

I actually think they can get by with Gillislee, Williams and a little Bush thrown in... Tyrod would need to make a few 1st down with his legs.. Tight Ends would be heavily involved.. Maybe a WR could catch a pass beyond 25 yards... If they don't turn it over and play tough D, I like their chances.

Would much rather have McCoy at 95-100% for the New England game..

I actually think they can get by with Gillislee, Williams and a little Bush thrown in... Tyrod would need to make a few 1st down with his legs.. Tight Ends would be heavily involved.. Maybe a WR could catch a pass beyond 25 yards... If they don't turn it over and play tough D, I like their chances.

That's a good point. I don't think Miami is a gimme, but if Shady needs a week, then save him for New England, I agree.

Williams needs to learn how to hold onto the ball or the "little" will be him.

Actually, Felton left practice early. That could prove to be even worse than Shady's hammy.

@SBNationNFL

The Bills and Cowboys offenses are running all over the NFL. Here’s how: http://www.sbnation.com/2016/10/21/13331750/cowboys-offensive-line-bills-blocking-ezekiel-elliott-lesean-mccoy

Running the ball isn’t easy. With all the physicality involved, the run game at its core is a ballet. A violent ballet. We have an assignment, a technique to be executed and we must make adjustments on the fly. So when everything goes as planned, it’s a beauty.

The running game is also a complimentary piece of the passing game. Big passes are often a result of a play action fake, which works best when the run game is viable. My goal here is to enlighten y’all to the ins and outs of the run game and how they can give the offense easy chuck pass plays.

Before I get to how the Cowboys stormed into Lambeau and dominated the previously No. 1 ranked Green Bay run defense, I want to start with the Buffalo Bills. They are riding a four-game streak largely due to the rebound in their run game. On Sunday, against the 49ers, they rushed for 313 yards on 44 carries, for an average of 7.1 yards per rush.

Here are two run plays that are perfectly schemed up by the coaches and beautifully executed by the Bills offense.

DimwittedGreatBat.gif

A thing of beauty. :cry:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Thanks for all the updates and posts 26!

do you guys think Lynn will get serious HC offers after this season?

I hope not! Nah, I hope he gets his shot but I think people will wanna see him have a season as an OC 1st, hes using Romans playbook, I wonder what his playbook and scheme would look like, I remember in an interview he said he has to use Romans scheme this year because its wayy too late to change course but, he said he would scheme things differently if he had the reigns from the jump

he definitely seems to have this offense rolling. they seem to get more dangerous as the game wears on. some of these runs are just fantastic to watch. it seems as though the offensive blocking schemes are being bought into just like the defensive schemes. this team is operating as a TEAM, and it is a beautiful thing to watch. i still worry about what happens when we get into a shootout, but i am loving watching these boys have their way with the opposition the past few weeks!

it's as if he took the playbook and just said "don't overthink it, just go hit your man, hit the hole full speed.

right on swnybreh.

More the reason to let Shady rest this week. Really wanna see JWill become the guy for us, kids college tape is crazy, get him the reps!

That's a good point. I don't think Miami is a gimme, but if Shady needs a week, then save him for New England, I agree.

Hell yeah Tuelbreh. Shady is our best Offensive weapon. Let him rest up for the playoff push. I think we can win this one without Shady, on the strength of our defense, decent running by Dizzy and JWill (really needs reps Im expecting big things from him after watching his college tapes) and a few long bombs to Goodwin and crucial 1st downs to Clay. They couldnt stop Clay last season, now their CBs are weaker and their best DB is injured. Im expecting Tyrod to hit Goodwin on the long bombs taking advantage of the back up S, and Clay on the seam routes he almost always gets open on.

Edited by Marty McFly

Thanks for all the updates and posts 26!

I hope not! Nah, I hope he gets his shot but I think people will wanna see him have a season as an OC 1st, hes using Romans playbook, I wonder what his playbook and scheme would look like, I remember in an interview he said he has to use Romans scheme this year because its wayy too late to change course but, he said he would scheme things differently if he had the reigns from the jump

right on swnybreh.

More the reason to let Shady rest this week. Really wanna see JWill become the guy for us, kids college tape is crazy, get him the reps!

Hell yeah Tuelbreh. Shady is our best Offensive weapon. Let him rest up for the playoff push. I think we can win this one without Shady, on the strength of our defense, decent running by Dizzy and JWill (really needs reps Im expecting big things from him after watching his college tapes) and a few long bombs to Goodwin and crucial 1st downs to Clay. They couldnt stop Clay last season, now their CBs are weaker and their best DB is injured. Im expecting Tyrod to hit Goodwin on the long bombs taking advantage of the back up S, and Clay on the seam routes he almost always gets open on.

You're welcome! Enjoy and Go Bills!