Kaepernick to start on Sunday

I hope the Bills fans boo the living daylights out of him. Even liberal icon Ruth Bader Ginsberg thinks Kap is a total moron for going about it this way. People who disagree with him have every right to boo.

just as long as those booing aren't shitfaced during the national anthem.Very disrespectful. It's ok to wobble drunk, but not kneel down.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look man, nobody is trying to belittle your service to your country. He's literally stated that it's about injustice and you're refusing to take him at his word. He's not inciting violence or being crude. Do you really think those other options you've presented would be as effective in getting a message across to the entire country? The way he chose to do it has worked in the sense that a ton people are talking about it, his team has given money because of it, etc. The flag is a symbol. It means something different to everybody. For a large group of Americans, the flag means oppression and discrimination right now. You can be mad at them for feeling that way, or you can try to help them not feel that way.

You can't help people with the feels. And no, no one has to take this fraud at his words especially since he used racial slurs on the field no less than two years ago.

do you feel the same way about players praying on the field?

I don't believe that he says cops 'only' shoot and kill black people. It's amazing how people interpret this to fit their own narrative while totally ignoring Kaeps own explanation. Like the cliche.... never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

He said and I quote "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

You can't just jail cops for an officer involved shooting. Put them on leave, conduct an investigation, and then charge them with a crime like every normal citizen.

As for the bodies in the street? Well that's an awesome tagline, but it is a hyperbolic statement to the extreme. The statistics simply don't support the claim.

As for the topic, I wish they started Ponder. At least they will have all week to prep for Kaepernick

Edited by What a Tuel

This brutal political storyline was finally gone and now it's back. I hate you Chip.

And, as a distraction, I would think it could affect the Bills more than the 49ers. Although, I strongly suspect that the players in the locker rooms around the league have a better handle on Kaepernick's views than any of us hand-wringing, pearl-clutching, or knee-jerking fans.

I can get over Kap doing his kneeling thing...but i hate that it trickled down to our local area high schools (in MD). These knucklehead kids are kneeling during the anthem and really have no idea why they're doing it other than mimicking their "role model"

NOTSportsCenter™ ‏@NOTSportsCenter 2h2 hours ago

Chip Kelly on starting Colin Kaepernick: "Well if I was going to pick a week to start Colin, of course I was going to pick 6."

Why?

Nevermind I just got it by doing a little search.

Edited by Triple Threat

@AndrewSiciliano

Colin Kaerpernick press conference right now @nflnetwork

NOTSportsCenter™ ‏@NOTSportsCenter 2h2 hours ago

Chip Kelly on starting Colin Kaepernick: "Well if I was going to pick a week to start Colin, of course I was going to pick 6."

Why?

10 day break between games perhaps.