Kaepernick to start on Sunday

If you don't understand that black lives have been treated differently in our society-- differently by the police, by the judicial system, by the prison system, and by the media-- and that those differences are unfavorable towards the black community, then you truly have no capacity to understand the BLM movement. I know that's a hard pill to swallow. Sorry.

Please, feel free to take the last word on this. I think I know already about what your response will be, but have at it, if you want. I have no desire to engage in this debate on this site. I will read your response, but am unlikely to continue the conversation. Not here.

I don't care if you don't continue it. Fine. I am not naive and not saying that racial disparities don't exist. The point is that saying Police shootings are racially motivated when they are motivated by not following instructions that are designed to keep everyone safe is a false narrative. Ignoring the tens of thousands of blacks killed in homicides by fellow citizens that never see justice because their neighbors won't tell what they know , but trying to make Cops out to be racist is all one needs to know about the BLM movement . They really don't care about justice for fellow people of color unless they were killed by Officers of the law in the course of doing their job. It's a safe bet that none of those killed in homicides were given the opportunity to drop their gun or keep their hands where they could be seen so as not to be harmed. There is nothing in the justice system that makes one race committ homicide 800% more frequently than other races. BLMs message is very hard to take seriously , because it's so racist and not rooted in fact.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't care if you don't continue it. Fine. I am not naive and not saying that racial disparities don't exist. The point is that saying Police shootings are racially motivated when they are motivated by not following instructions that are designed to keep everyone safe is a false narrative. Ignoring the tens of thousands of blacks killed in homicides by fellow citizens that never see justice because their neighbors won't tell what they know , but trying to make Cops out to be racist is all one needs to know about the BLM movement . They really don't care about justice for fellow people of color unless they were killed by Officers of the law in the course of doing their job. It's a safe bet that none of those killed in homicides were given the opportunity to drop their gun or keep their hands where they could be seen so as not to be harmed. There is nothing in the justice system that makes one race committ homicide 800% more frequently than other races. BLMs message is very hard to take seriously , because it's so racist and not rooted in fact.

When I went to twitter Sunday morning, the first tweet I saw was that Olympian Tyson Gay's 15 year old daughter was shot and killed.............I immediately thought she had to be killed in some gang related crossfire. I never even thought - oh, she must have been killed by the cops.

And, I guarantee 99.9% of people of any color thought the same thing.

And, of course, I read up on it later - and she was in between two cars firing shots at each other. I don't think it was two cop cars, either.