Kaepernick to start on Sunday

You should have been more patient because you're forcing the argument you want against the wrong post. Not only did I not choose to ignore stats on African Americans being profiled by police, I actually explained WHY this was happening.

Where we differ is simply this: you appear to think police target blacks exclusively because they're black, and I think it's because a majority of the crimes to which police respond in the inner-cities (where these shootings take place) are committed by blacks in predominantly poor, black neighborhoods. If you spend your time responding to crimes in high-crime black neighborhoods, the odds are very high that blacks will get shot more than whites. That's not intentional. It's predictable.

To ignore the ridiculously high rate of black-on-black shootings is to ignore one of the primary reasons police are called into predominantly black, high-crime areas in the first place.

Kap can protest all he wants. What I ask is he do one of two things: (1) be bold and go deeper and avoid the temptation of being the face of the high-profile, fanatically racist BLM OR (2) shut up until football season is over because you're messing with the one time during the year to follow a sport and a team that takes my mind off all the other stupidity happening in the world.

If I want to hear misdirected whining from a bit player in this world, I'll keep reading Timmah Graham articles.

Great post. And, Timmah wrote an article on Kap this week. I didn't have the stomach to read it - I saw by the sub headlines and such where it was going - along with the narrative.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great post. And, Timmah wrote an article on Kap this week. I didn't have the stomach to read it - I saw by the sub headlines and such where it was going - along with the narrative.

If you liked that, you'll probably like this link. This lady gets it. Sorry to be redunadant (it was buried on the last page), but it's worth checking out. She says it all. (Warning: obscene language, which I feel is well deserved!)

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/25/grandmother-peggy-hubbard-takes-down-black-lives-matter-viral-video

Edited by Augie

Yeah, I've seen that before. She sees through all the bull ****.

Calling out the right people. Blaming everyone else should NOT work. Where there is a legit situation of abuse of power, by ALL means, make it right. But all too often....

I'd kind of like to hear from all the contrarians after watching this, but then part of me really doesn't want to hear from them at all, so it's a bit of a dilemma.

Edited by Augie

You should have been more patient because you're forcing the argument you want against the wrong post. Not only did I not choose to ignore stats on African Americans being profiled by police, I actually explained WHY this was happening.

Where we differ is simply this: you appear to think police target blacks exclusively because they're black, and I think it's because a majority of the crimes to which police respond in the inner-cities (where these shootings take place) are committed by blacks in predominantly poor, black neighborhoods. If you spend your time responding to crimes in high-crime black neighborhoods, the odds are very high that blacks will get shot more than whites. That's not intentional. It's predictable.

To ignore the ridiculously high rate of black-on-black shootings is to ignore one of the primary reasons police are called into predominantly black, high-crime areas in the first place.

Kap can protest all he wants. What I ask is he do one of two things: (1) be bold and go deeper and avoid the temptation of being the face of the high-profile, fanatically racist BLM OR (2) shut up until football season is over because you're messing with the one time during the year to follow a sport and a team that takes my mind off all the other stupidity happening in the world.

If I want to hear misdirected whining from a bit player in this world, I'll keep reading Timmah Graham articles.

Great post! I think also what gets lost is in almost all of these police shootings is in part to non-compliance to police officers orders. If you see the flashing patrol lights, you pull over immediately, wait for the officer to approach your vehicle, roll the window down and wait to calmly address the officer. When the officer gives you instructions such as "license and registration" you comply by giving the officer the information he/she requests. You do have the right to ask why they are pulling you over. If the officer gives you a citation, you have the right to either plead guilty and pay the fine, or plead not guilty and go to court and contest the ticket. Where problems arise is when people do not pull over and try to avoid the police, or instead of staying in the vehicle during the traffic stop, the person gets out of the vehicle without being instructed to do so (that is considered a threat to police). To give you a statistic, the minimum safe distance an officer has to be from a person with a knife is 21 feet. Another issue is running from the police. If people would comply with police, then there would not be police shootings.

Are there bad police officers and those that abuse their authority? Absolutely, but the same can be said in any profession. There are those that once they get into position of authority, they go on a power trip and feel they can treat anyone anyway they feel because of their position. What makes law enforcement different is their authority to use deadly force.

If you liked that, you'll probably like this link. This lady gets it. Sorry to be redunadant (it was buried on the last page), but it's worth checking out. She says it all. (Warning: obscene language, which I feel is well deserved!)

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/25/grandmother-peggy-hubbard-takes-down-black-lives-matter-viral-video

I like this lady.

Kaepernick not worried about Bills fans

Colin Kaepernick has successfully used his platform as an NFL player to stimulate conversation about what he terms racial injustice and oppression of people of color in the United States, “particularly black people,” as he put it in a conference call with Western New York media. Now as a starter he’ll be much more visible on the field and there have been rumblings that some Bills fans will be singing the national anthem as a means of distracting and disrupting the 49ers offense. Kaepernick indicated that’s the least of his concerns on Sunday.

@NFLGameDay

Biggest challenge for Colin Kaepernick? @michaelirvin88 says distractions.

Cu5NqBiUAAAUUjb.jpg

Kaepernick not worried about Bills fans

@NFLGameDay

Biggest challenge for Colin Kaepernick? @michaelirvin88 says distractions.

Cu5NqBiUAAAUUjb.jpg

for better or for worse, any shortcomings today will be attributed to him being distracted more so then him being rusty and out of the game for a year, as well as a new lifestyle to boot.

This kid brought a world of pressure on himself and has no upside or light at the end of the tunnel. He is also giving everyone in his path a hell of a mess. Anyone opposing him will simply be labeled a racist, ignorant or anything else possible. His hard line stance against an entire race has made this remarkably ridiculous.

Kap should just shut up and play. I read something that his turn towards being an activist is because of his new girlfriend.

Yep he's one of those guys.

And lol at 92% of jboysts takes including Eric Garner.

Overlooking those cops previous transgressions is cute.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Perhaps the most ignorant thing you have ever posted--and that takes in an awful lot of territory.

how so? Everything kaep has done has been supporting blm. Supporting police brutality. And even best, supporting black on black crime! Yep. I'm ignorant.

Makes you proud to be from Buffalo.

‏@pmmcc

White privilege as fandom in this crude $5 #Kaepernick tshirt at #BuffaloBills tailgate #nfl #blacklivesmatterBlackHistoryMonth.png #nfl #49ers #bills

Cu5VitHUEAE3iHE.jpg

Cu5VisyUMAAaMRN.jpg

Cu5VitRVYAAXXBo.jpg

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

damn right it does. I'm proud of this. Just like I saw "!@#$ the Brady bunch". "Dolphins are gay fish"

Guess you and the like of sjw were not offended by that because blm?

Makes you proud to be from Buffalo.

‏@pmmcc

White privilege as fandom in this crude $5 #Kaepernick tshirt at #BuffaloBills tailgate #nfl #blacklivesmatterBlackHistoryMonth.png #nfl #49ers #bills

Cu5VitHUEAE3iHE.jpg

Cu5VisyUMAAaMRN.jpg

Cu5VitRVYAAXXBo.jpg

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Love it. These BLM folks and Kaep should be called out for what they are. A racist organization putting forth a racist agenda. There's nothing wrong with lampooning an idiot. It's been going on in political cartoons and other forms of satire forever.