Kaepernick to start on Sunday

""Oh, I think he's going to kill it," said the NFC scout. "He's in the perfect system for his skill set. ... I would expect him to do well under Chip."

I know Kelly has attempted to quell expectations, but count me as one of the observers who's anxiously waiting to see if Kaepernick can get back to being the special playmaker who captured the football world's attention a few years ago."

Bucky Brooks article, if Kaepernick is so perfect for Kelly's offense why wasn't he starting from game one? Were Niners willing to tank the season because of the injury clause in his contract?

Wait a minute. you mean Kaep is starting at quarterback??? I thought it was color guard.

Anyway, I think Gabbert won the QB position in the offseason on his own merits. I think they saw him as offering the more balanced alternative, and they were probably right. Gabberts' rushing yards have about equaled TT's. And, I think that is what really works in Kelly's system. Keap is a better runner, sure. But, Gabbert's no slouch, and he's certainly a more accurate passer. Kaep's issue is with has accuracy, and field reads, which also tends to inspire him to break the pocket and take off too early. At least, that is how I understand it. Did Roman game plan for his deficiencies? I would think, probably. But, I don't think there is a return for Kaep to his previous glory (2012, was it?). He either fixes his passing issues, or he's done as a starter after this season, IMO. You can't exist as a running threat QB, without having at least a mediocre passing game.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's dramatic because he can actually got on the field this year. It remains to be seen if that will mean he has a starting spot next year or even next week.

Well that is kinda my point. he has to show if he can play or not.

Been a question for a couple years now. He will be exposed for what he is , for better or worse.

Ahhh, I was patiently waiting for someone to take this lazy approach to debating this topic: deflecting from the point of the protest to bring up other topics like 'black on black crime'.

Anyone that feels the need to disrespect Kaepernick or anyone who is protesting racism, discrimination, and inequality IS part of the problem. You can chose to ignore the numerous studies and statistics that state African American men are victims of racial profiling by police but you are also choosing to be ignorant.

In the case your discussing, Eric Garner questioned why he was being arrested before that altercation took place. In a police state, I guess you could label that resisting arrest, but not in America.

Do you believe resisting arrest gives police officers the right to kill a man? We can be arrested on the presumption of crime but aren't we all innocent until proven guilty? Your argument holds no weight.

I didn't read anything you wrote. I'm lazy. And racist. But LA would own you. So would many others who agree with him.

Ahhh, I was patiently waiting for someone to take this lazy approach to debating this topic: deflecting from the point of the protest to bring up other topics like 'black on black crime'.

Anyone that feels the need to disrespect Kaepernick or anyone who is protesting racism, discrimination, and inequality IS part of the problem. You can chose to ignore the numerous studies and statistics that state African American men are victims of racial profiling by police but you are also choosing to be ignorant.

In the case your discussing, Eric Garner questioned why he was being arrested before that altercation took place. In a police state, I guess you could label that resisting arrest, but not in America.

Do you believe resisting arrest gives police officers the right to kill a man? We can be arrested on the presumption of crime but aren't we all innocent until proven guilty? Your argument holds no weight.

OK I read this and now feel dumber. The guy was witnessed committing a crime. One he had been in trouble with mjltipl times. I'm pretty sure many arrests go down this way. The rest are usually thru a subpoena after a warrant. Police execute the law. Is that a problem for you? And personally if you're atupud enough to resist or fight an officer you're better off removed from society...

I don't want to debate Garner, because we clearly see it differently. The fact is that they did use lethal force and the man died. That was all I was saying.

I'd rather him than an officer

I didn't read anything you wrote. I'm lazy. And racist. But LA would own you. So would many others who agree with him.

OK I read this and now feel dumber. The guy was witnessed committing a crime. One he had been in trouble with mjltipl times. I'm pretty sure many arrests go down this way. The rest are usually thru a subpoena after a warrant. Police execute the law. Is that a problem for you? And personally if you're atupud enough to resist or fight an officer you're better off removed from society...

I dont even know where to begin. police are people, not god. they make mistakes, they can be corrupt, bias, violent, unstable...you name it. they deserve the same respect I would give a teacher or a garbage man. that badge does not make you my superior, nor does it make you void of error. you took an OATH to protect and serve the people. you are a civil servant...unless of course this is a military state. oh...

the "law" is subjective. it can be used to target individuals based on appearance, religion, even fear. "I feared for my life..." is a statement that should NOT free one from murder, intentional or otherwise. certain demographics are impacted and severely disproportionately targeted, and arrested...because of said "laws". stop and frisk? funny, they never really left the brown neighborhoods to enforce that.

" And personally if you're atupud enough to resist or fight an officer you're better off removed from society..."

^ this is astonishing. haha ever hear of the revolutionary war? that was a revolt. a fight. I guess by your logic this country that is sooo great and can do no wrong (even though it was founded upon genocide, slavery, and subjugation) wouldn't exist.

"They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane… . They would make fine servants…. With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want." - Christopher Columbus

Go Bills!

I dont even know where to begin. police are people, not god. they make mistakes, they can be corrupt, bias, violent, unstable...you name it. they deserve the same respect I would give a teacher or a garbage man. that badge does not make you my superior, nor does it make you void of error. you took an OATH to protect and serve the people. you are a civil servant...unless of course this is a military state. oh...

the "law" is subjective. it can be used to target individuals based on appearance, religion, even fear. "I feared for my life..." is a statement that should NOT free one from murder, intentional or otherwise. certain demographics are impacted and severely disproportionately targeted, and arrested...because of said "laws". stop and frisk? funny, they never really left the brown neighborhoods to enforce that.

" And personally if you're atupud enough to resist or fight an officer you're better off removed from society..."

^ this is astonishing. haha ever hear of the revolutionary war? that was a revolt. a fight. I guess by your logic this country that is sooo great and can do no wrong (even though it was founded upon genocide, slavery, and subjugation) wouldn't exist.

"They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane . They would make fine servants. With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want." - Christopher Columbus

Go Bills!

Google checks and balances. When done we can continue

This whole police think they are god thing is tiring. They need a level of authority that you are mistaking for being your superior. They are there to enforce the laws, not stroke your ego.

Edited by What a Tuel

actually I reread this as I am not driving now. You are arrested because you are committing a crime and are innocent until proven guilty. Being arrested and detained does not establish guilt. You're seriously deficient in grasping this principle

Rather I think you should. That applies to branches of government

you think you're equal to a LEO. You're wrong... you're not. There is nothing more to be said.

Once arrested you state your innocence in court. You're not going to win against an officer.

You're probably the guy on YouTube insisting you're right to the officer getting pulled out of the vehicle. Or the sovereign citizen resisting arrest.

This whole police think they are god thing is tiring. They need a level of authority that you are mistaking for being your superior. They are there to enforce the laws, not stroke your ego.

we need police to police the police. Aka what this current administration is seeking by federalizing police forces

who said anything about ego? I simply expect to be treated with the same respect and decorum that my father (whom is white) is treated when he encounters police. he can tell you first hand, as can I, that's not always the case. college educated, well employed, very articulate but that doesnt matter. in the end some cops just see a black dude from the east side

and that is our point. just equality. I don't hate anyone. that is not in my nature. I respect individuals as individuals, not a symbol.

Edited by 87168

well there you have it.

why didn't you just get to the crux of your position. Instead of spending so much effort in defining your perceptions of how the world works according to yourself.

lets be sure to remove all the stupid people from society shall we ?

Will you be kicking and screaming too?

you think you're equal to a LEO. You're wrong... you're not. There is nothing more to be said.

you just proved my point. you just stated that in your opinion, I am lesser than an officer simply because he took a 16 week course, and an oath? haha you thanks for making my case.

....and as far as your little YouTube comment, nah. like I said. I am well educated, articulate, and I RESPECT the individual...their profession has zero to do with it. thanks for playing.

Edited by 87168

who said anything about ego? I simply expect to be treated with the same respect and decorum that my father (whom is white) is treated when he encounters police. he can tell you first hand, as can I, that's not always the case. college educated, well employed, very articulate but that doesnt matter. in the end some cops just see a black dude from the east side

and that is our point. just equality. I don't hate anyone. that is not in my nature. I respect individuals as individuals, not a symbol.

it should be as simple as that. Easy enough to say. But not always easy for everyone to do. It takes effort of mind and spirit

it should be as simple as that. Easy enough to say. But not always easy for everyone to do. It takes effort of mind and spirit

yes! it should! it's hard....it takes acknowledgment. it's a 2 way street and we can ALL improve. but first you have to recognize that there is room for improvement.

yes! it should! it's hard....it takes acknowledgment. it's a 2 way street and we can ALL improve. but first you have to recognize that there is room for improvement.

The thing Colin did, was start a national conversation. Which is amazing really.

Even PFT has taken a side in a subtle manner.

But i wish we would talk more about football here instead of getting overwound. ( not you per se ) But in general.

a short diversion in fun seems alrighty enough.

I really don't think anyone disputes that. In fact, I think most people have openly said that at some point, but not with every post.

Get back w/me when half of them (cops) know the actual law they are entrusted to enforce... Especially, the intricacies of the motor vehicle code in their particular state.

I read the law on what constitutes a violation for a cracked windshield in Illinois to an officer who pulled me over for said infraction. He pulled me over just trying to make his quota and squeeze revenue and harass the public... Thinking that they wouldn't know the law either. Well, he chose to harass the wrong person. I pulled the motor vehicle code right up on my phone. All he said was: "That doesn't matter." He wrote the violation up anyway. I got the ticket dismissed, but not before having it be a PITA. The officer wasted my time, the court's time, and the taxpayer's $$$$.

Now who's stroking who's ego?

Thank your Gov't overloads and their enforcers for harassing the people. They are especially good @ harassing & squeezing revenue out of the one's that are the most vulnerable and are the easiest targets. Now people are getting killed over the over-officious reach of the Gov't. True, some citizens make inexplicable choices when dealing w/police that go horribly wrong for them. That's their problem too.

Nobody is perfect, including the police.

The thing Colin did, was start a national conversation. Which is amazing really.

Even PFT has taken a side in a subtle manner.

But i wish we would talk more about football here instead of getting overwound. ( not you per se ) But in general.

a short diversion in fun seems alrighty enough.

You do chose to enter the thread knowing full well what it is about.

you just proved my point. you just stated that in your opinion, I am lesser than an officer simply because he took a 16 week course, and an oath? haha you thanks for making my case.

....and as far as your little YouTube comment, nah. like I said. I am well educated, articulate, and I RESPECT the individual...their profession has zero to do with it. thanks for playing.

you're gonna be the guy that gets tazered for being articulate

Why wouldnyoubnot respect the law enforcement officials? I imagine you never run afoul to see them. And your basic 16 week course nonsense is hardly true. To become an officer it generally takes more to be anything more than a drone cop. And to become a real LEO you need a degree, especially if a state or federal.