Bills and Pats Engage in a Pre-Game Scuffle; No Pats Fined

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's be serious here, they won't do any jogging, it will be more of a brisk walk across the field.....

Tandem bike, obviously. Crashing into Josh McDaniels and taking out a team of water boys.

and take the fine. The hilarity would be so worth it.

I am amazed, and yet not these players got fined. and no one else did.

But i guess the Brisket paid in the end.

One of the rare games involving the Patriots, Karma was allowed to play to the whistle

I hope they are laughing it off.

Edited by 3rdand12

Can't imagine that the Cheatriots who precipitated the altercation get away with no fines at all.

are you sure you cannot imagine it ? I thinks its plausible they do not. Has this ever escalated to this point before and become "viral" ?

Might be new territory

While I agree that it is BS that the Pats fans get nothing for breaking the rules, it makes sense that the Bills players got something for pushing/shoving/whatever. That isn't an accepted method of resolving an issue. I am for it nonetheless though! :thumbsup:

I support this attitude, a i did on the day of the game :beer::thumbsup:

Considering Jacoby has a finger issue and Mitchell an elbow one they could been leaving early or late still no excuse to go out of your way to push him. It was a straight out a mind game move.. Everything after that was normal teammates protecting eachother. (I am also guessing the rest of the pats team was already off the field else been a full on mess same with the rest of the bills team.

the excuse that someone else does it is horrible. Hernandez shoots guys. Do other players? We all know Brady shoots his...edlemens mouth...something something. Does that mean all patriots do? Yes, because they're all... and not that anything is wrong with that.

Looking at the video it's obvious your SAfety walks over to him and pushes him for no reason. Then gets in a mouthing contest with Mitchell.. Game going be nasty, bet it fires up both teams.. But will one lose its discipline.. That be the key.

Well you aren't paying attention or your NE colored glasses are getting in the way.

CuKxshXWAAAoG9Z.jpg

You can clearly see Blanton pointing towards the sideline, presumably telling them to go around.

You can see the Bills coaches and the player running toward the sideline, because they were in the middle of the drill.

Either the NE players were trying to instigate or they are dumbasses. Either way, I'm glad the Bills players did what they did.

Edited by elroy16

Well you aren't paying attention or your NE colored glasses are getting in the way.

CuKxshXWAAAoG9Z.jpg

You can clearly see Blanton pointing towards the sideline, presumably telling them to go around.

You can see the Bills coaches and the player running toward the sideline, because they were in the middle of the drill.

Either the NE players were trying to instigate or they are dumbasses. Either way, I'm glad the Bills players did what they did.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

If the Pats players and coach do not get fined, I will be very upset.

I missed most of this and regrets it now. My son started yelling and I ran in but they didn't show much of what happened by that point. The game hadn't started so what could I miss? Now I know. But the nachos weren't going to make themselves!

If this turns out the way it has been reported this afternoon, the NFL is ignoring its own rule about pre-game and giving the Pats a pass.

This is not a good precedent for the NFL to set.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the next team runs though the other team's drills on the other side of the 50.

If this turns out the way it has been reported this afternoon, the NFL is ignoring its own rule about pre-game and giving the Pats a pass.

This is not a good precedent for the NFL to set.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the next team runs though the other team's drills on the other side of the 50.

It wont happen again. Thats the thing of it. It was unprecedented. NFL threw the flag for the reaction, like they did to Ritchie on his personal foul.

But the Refs should have been ahead of this on the first pass through and the NFL should have been reviewing it at that point. The Guys are there watching these goings on's.

Another major biased call from Krafts mud wrestling buddies.

Shake it off Folks. Who is really surprised here. ?

But it is BS on its most blatant level.

The onus is again on the Bills to just come back and play focused football.

At least the game was called rather decently overall.

Damn the NFL has big Balls with this one. Should have fined Patriots Coaches obviously, and the Bills players.

It wont happen again. Thats the thing of it. It was unprecedented. NFL threw the flag for the reaction, like they did to Ritchie on his personal foul.

But the Refs should have been ahead of this on the first pass through and the NFL should have been reviewing it at that point. The Guys are there watching these goings on's.

Another major biased call from Krafts mud wrestling buddies.

Shake it off Folks. Who is really surprised here. ?

I would like to understand exactly what reason the league gave for the fines that were assessed. That would help me understand.

The Bills were the ones who reacted out-of-control, shoving players and coaches. So if the fines were for "unnecessary roughness" or something like that, I can understand.

I think the Pats players who ran outside their own area should be fined for "conduct detrimental" or "unsportsmanlike", but I think that would be too fair for the league with Kraft.

I'm OK with it (barely) if the league sent out a message to all teams, "don't do this again, or the door will slam on you"

The Bills should absolutely not plan some analogous behavior as retaliation when the Pats play here. Stay out of the head games, do your talking between the whistles.

Just run through their drills before the next game.

I think this sort of response (any kind of mental head games taking focus away from prepping for the game itself) would be a long-term impact the Pats would highly desire.

Be smart, Rex, don't give it to them, don't let the players give it to them.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I think this sort of response (any kind of mental head games taking focus away from prepping for the game itself) would be a long-term impact the Pats would highly desire.

You're right of course, but I do think they should file a formal protest with the league.

Personally I think they also might want to finally get some value out of Billy Buffalo and have him block a few practice punts.

Edited by 4merper4mer

You're right of course, but I do think they should file a formal protest with the league.

Personally I think they also might want to finally get some value out of Billy Buffalo and have him block a few practice punts.

Now THAT would be awesome! Send the Mascot!

I would like to understand exactly what reason the league gave for the fines that were assessed. That would help me understand.

The Bills were the ones who reacted out-of-control, shoving players and coaches. So if the fines were for "unnecessary roughness" or something like that, I can understand.

I think the Pats players who ran outside their own area should be fined for "conduct detrimental" or "unsportsmanlike", but I think that would be too fair for the league with Kraft.

I'm OK with it (barely) if the league sent out a message to all teams, "don't do this again, or the door will slam on you"

The Bills should absolutely not plan some analogous behavior as retaliation when the Pats play here. Stay out of the head games, do your talking between the whistles.

All there was was shoving so at the least Mitchell should have gotten a fine. It's BS he didn't.

And I see nothing wrong with jogging through their drills before the next game. See how they like it and what they do.

CuKxshXWAAAoG9Z.jpg

So he points and you KNOW what he said. that's amazing, and seeing as how the Bills were the ONLY team fined seems even the NFL agrees with the way I saw it. I also believe his "tough guy" attitude was only because they were both rookies.

Sad thing is had no effect on game, but was stupid never a good reason to push someone. As for Mitchell what was he suppose to do allow his QB be attacked? If you notice he never pushed but got nose to nose with the pusher... so why people say he STARTED it is baffling as if that had been a bills WR standing up for your WB you be saying he was right. a case of people wearing rose colored glasses. Now to answer the PM again..

Protest for what? Unlike buffalo fans and your over sensitive safety there are NO RULES against doing what they did. What the problem is they lost their cool and pushed.. if they just got into Jacoby and Mitchell face there be no fine. Heck I am so Mitchell?? Got his fine for pushing the Patriot WR coach repeatedly in the back as he tried break the skirmish up.

So he points and you KNOW what he said. that's amazing, and seeing as how the Bills were the ONLY team fined seems even the NFL agrees with the way I saw it. I also believe his "tough guy" attitude was only because they were both rookies.

Sad thing is had no effect on game, but was stupid never a good reason to push someone. As for Mitchell what was he suppose to do allow his QB be attacked? If you notice he never pushed but got nose to nose with the pusher... so why people say he STARTED it is baffling as if that had been a bills WR standing up for your WB you be saying he was right. a case of people wearing rose colored glasses. Now to answer the PM again..

How about (a) the NFL pretty clearly stating where each team's practice area is as per the posted rule above and the Pats clearly violating this as the picture above shows and (b) several (not just one) Buffalo players saying we warned them the first time not to do it and then, but they then did it again? Seems to me pretty clear who the rule breakers were, and not at all surprised the real culprits were not punished. As Orwell said in Animal Farm "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"--that's Kraft and the Pats over and over again.

In that vein, anyone else catch Inside the NFL this week, and the whopping 30 seconds our game (one of the biggest of the week) got? Kind of funny that Krafty Bob is a director of Showtime's parent company.....

This is such a silly incident all around. How about the NFL just ignores it. It really requires fines?

^^^

This times a hundred

How about (a) the NFL pretty clearly stating where each team's practice area is as per the posted rule above and the Pats clearly violating this as the picture above shows and (b) several (not just one) Buffalo players saying we warned them the first time not to do it and then, but they then did it again? Seems to me pretty clear who the rule breakers were, and not at all surprised the real culprits were not punished. As Orwell said in Animal Farm "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"--that's Kraft and the Pats over and over again.

In that vein, anyone else catch Inside the NFL this week, and the whopping 30 seconds our game (one of the biggest of the week) got? Kind of funny that Krafty Bob is a director of Showtime's parent company.....

So states practice field means that the other team can't go threw it. NOPE. It was a dumb ass incident period. Also they warned others but decided attack the rookies.. ya that was just coincidence. (Eye roll)

As for the 30 seconds on Inside the NFL, outside of Buffalo no one felt it was a big win as you bet an injured 3rd string QB who is now on IR. (You dominated yes but outside of Buffalo no one is like "wow a year changer".

This is such a silly incident all around. How about the NFL just ignores it. It really requires fines?

It is silly, but the NE*** players broke the code. It was akin to a couple of Celtics running through the layup line of the Knicks while they were warming up. It's just not done and everybody knows it. And I have to believe the NE*** players were instructed to do it in an attempt to get under the Bills' historically thin skins. Even Kraft got into the act by suggesting the Bills follow the lead of an undisciplined coach. It was a bush league move and I think A Williams did well to gather the team and let them know it was just an attempt to get into their heads and not to fall for it.

The big story from the game was how NE*** was completely dominated in the trenches on both sides of the line of scrimmage. That is a rarity.