Favorite Moment as a Bills Fan

Virgil

Lots of negativity about our 0-2 start and with good reason. Things could easily get worse before they get better. With that, what's your happiest memory as a Bills fan. The game or moment where you couldn't wait to see people at work the next day and show of that jersey.

Unfortunately for myself, the playoff years were a bit hazy. The comeback was huge, but I lived up in WNY at the time and no one had anything against the Oilers.

For me, I'm going to go with Bills win over the Pats with Fitz at the helm. I just hate Brady and the Pats that much. The Fred-Ex pass to setup the game winning FG. The Int's and overall play of the defense. We just went blow for blow with them and looked like we belonged out there. My optimism for our season, coach, qb, and overall team was at an all-time high. When that ball went through the upright as time expired, I was jumping up and down.

The 31-0 beatdown with Bledsoe at the helm was good because I was there. Milloy had the crowd blowing up and Nate Clements played out of his mind. But that comes in second.

AFC championship vs Raiders 51-3. The game had been over for about two and a half quarters and everybody stayed till the end. The whole crowd was chanting "thank you Bills, thank you Bills" . So excited to finally make a Super Bowl. Totally unique and the best celebration of a team ever in that stadium .

Lots of negativity about our 0-2 start and with good reason. Things could easily get worse before they get better. With that, what's your happiest memory as a Bills fan. The game or moment where you couldn't wait to see people at work the next day and show of that jersey.

Unfortunately for myself, the playoff years were a bit hazy. The comeback was huge, but I lived up in WNY at the time and no one had anything against the Oilers.

For me, I'm going to go with Bills win over the Pats with Fitz at the helm. I just hate Brady and the Pats that much. The Fred-Ex pass to setup the game winning FG. The Int's and overall play of the defense. We just went blow for blow with them and looked like we belonged out there. My optimism for our season, coach, qb, and overall team was at an all-time high. When that ball went through the upright as time expired, I was jumping up and down.

The 31-0 beatdown with Bledsoe at the helm was good because I was there. Milloy had the crowd blowing up and Nate Clements played out of his mind. But that comes in second.

My favorite moment?

The one that hasn't happened yet...the one that is coming some day when this organization returns to relevance and winning.

Reflecting on the past is for losers.

Edited by Fadingpain

The Cowboys game where Peerless fumbled and gave them the last second win for a game that was pretty much in the bag?

were you at the game? I was. As I have been at every single game since 2006. That game had an intesity unlike anything I've ever seen before. The comeback against the Pats was pretty darn close at the end but the MNF game was incredible for every single second.

AFC championship vs Raiders 51-3. The game had been over for about two and a half quarters and everybody stayed till the end. The whole crowd was chanting "thank you Bills, thank you Bills" . So excited to finally make a Super Bowl. Totally unique and the best celebration of a team ever in that stadium .

I second that closely followed by the comeback.

My favorite moment?

The one that hasn't happened yet...the one that is coming some day when this organization returns to relevance and winning.

Reflecting on the past is for losers.

I bet you save a lot of battery life not using the camera on your phone.

were you at the game? I was. As I have been at every single game since 2006. That game had an intesity unlike anything I've ever seen before. The comeback against the Pats was pretty darn close at the end but the MNF game was incredible for every single second.

No. I was at home. I'm just surprised that the gut-wrenching ending wouldn't have overshadowed that for you.

I'm only 29. So the super bowl years only amount to a few hazy memories for me. 99 was the first year I can remember really paying attention, knowing the players, and knowing what I was watching. We all know there haven't been a ton of great moments since then.

But the one that stands out for me is the season opener in 2003. 31-0. I had never been to a game, and a few weeks before I won season tickets from Fox 29. (Watching the Simpsons).

I was so pumped up, yelling and screaming like I never had before. The game seemingly got better with every snap as the score for more out of hand. I loved it.

I remember everything from Lawyer Milloy exiting the tunnel and pumping his fist, to "the keg" running down the sideline for a TD. By far my best memory.

No. I was at home. I'm just surprised that the gut-wrenching ending wouldn't have overshadowed that for you.

The ending sucked something fierce. That's for sure. I saw it coming in the last 4-5 minutes of the game though and expected it at the end. Unfortunately we're used to that as Bills fans.

But the entire game was nothing I've ever seen before

A long long time ago

I can still remember how

The Bills used to make me smile

And I knew if I had my chance

That I could see Bruce's sack dance

And maybe I'd be happy for a while

But February made me shiver

With every loss they'd deliver

Bad news on the doorstep

I couldn't take one more step

I can't remember how long I cried

When I watched that it went wide

Something touched me deep inside

The day that it went wide.....

Well actually my favorite moment was right before that fateful kick. Isn't that what it's all about? The one moment that can win it all, that one chance...the ultimate moment in all of sports ...well I'm still waiting on the final feeling, but honestly that is the closest the Bills have ever been. I've had other teams I root for win championships, but nothing will ever compare to a Super Bowl win by the Bills. So until then I'm still waiting on my favorite moment as. Bills fan.

Bills end Marino's TD streak. I was in the stands. The crowd went nuts when they pulled Marino.

Second best. Biscuit's first game. Buffalo vs Denver and Elway. Again I was there. First two plays they lined up Biscuit opposite of Bruce. Third play they moved Biscuit to Bruce's side. Elway just looked over and called time-out. Priceless.

Third - Bills Jets goalposts. I was there too. Not on the goal posts but my head is in the picture. Crazy long story about holding cameras for SI and much more

The min and a half period before the music city miracle.

Barefoot Rob Johnson moving the bills into fg range.

Moulds and Travis Henry were the best.

That's why despite what I always read, despite the fact that my brain tells me that Rob Johnson was the first of many great post-Kelly failures, I just can't hate the guy. That was an amazing game, and a great Bills win, until .... nevermind.

An old one: OJ running for 273 yards. That number stuck in my head like 714 for Babe Ruth. (I know, that really dates me). Oh, and that was a Gary Marangi loss, maybe game that best summed up the OJ years - great runner, horrible QB.

A new/minor one: the victory over the Jets in the "home" game in Detroit, with Chandler doing the snow shoveling TD celebration ....

Edited by The Frankish Reich

That's why despite what I always read, despite the fact that my brain tells me that Rob Johnson was the first of many great post-Kelly failures, I just can't hate the guy. That was an amazing game, and a great Bills win, until .... nevermind.

An old one: OJ running for 273 yards. That number stuck in my head like 714 for Babe Ruth. (I know, that really dates me).

A new/minor one: the victory over the Jets in the "home" game in Detroit, with Chandler doing the snow shoveling TD celebration ....

yup. Rob left that field a winner that day. The STs lost it for us.

The Cowboys game where Peerless fumbled and gave them the last second win for a game that was pretty much in the bag?

I don't remember Peeless fumbling. I thought Edwards threw a horrible pick on a stupid play call. If anyone else recalls please post. I remember how exciting that game was. Personally I found it to be one of my worst moments as a fan. That loss was brutal.

Hard to remember, sometimes, that there have been some great times...for me, it was the first game of the 1980 season, when the Bills finally broke the stranglehold that Miami had over them from 1970-1979. Not sure if it still stands, but at the time, that 10 season streak was the longest period of dominance that one team had over another, in pro sports history (NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL). I think some of you whipper-snappers don't realize how deep the animosity was for the Dolphins. I realize, the Pats dominance is maybe even greater, but the Pats dominate everyone...the Dolphins were very good that whole decade, but it was the Bills who they regularly punished twice a year...that opening day win not only signified the end of fish dominance, but it was the first game of, for me, the funnest season in all my time as a Bills fan (I will say that started in 1972, when I was 7). It was the first Bills team, in my lifetime, that was good enough for us to entertain the notion that the Bills were Super Bowl worthy. It was the beginning of the "talking proud" period...which was a great ride, as short lived as it ended up being. How many teams had their goal posts torn down after an opening day win...I was at the game (my first game as a season ticket holder), and it was, to this day, one of the more surreal moments I have ever experienced at a live sporting event. Of course, I wasn't at the 1990 AFC Championship game..that must have been a wild one too!

Close runner up: Being at the first game Jim Kelly played in a Bills uniform...they lost, but I swear, the stadium was shaking when #12 came out of the tunnel...still sends shivers down my spine thinking about it.

Here's to some more modern moments! We deserve better than we get from this team... but I am still proud to be a Bills fan.

Hard to remember, sometimes, that there have been some great times...for me, it was the first game of the 1980 season, when the Bills finally broke the stranglehold that Miami had over them from 1970-1979. Not sure if it still stands, but at the time, that 10 season streak was the longest period of dominance that one team had over another, in pro sports history (NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL). I think some of you whipper-snappers don't realize how deep the animosity was for the Dolphins. I realize, the Pats dominance is maybe even greater, but the Pats dominate everyone...the Dolphins were very good that whole decade, but it was the Bills who they regularly punished twice a year...that opening day win not only signified the end of fish dominance, but it was the first game of, for me, the funnest season in all my time as a Bills fan (I will say that started in 1972, when I was 7). It was the first Bills team, in my lifetime, that was good enough for us to entertain the notion that the Bills were Super Bowl worthy. It was the beginning of the "talking proud" period...which was a great ride, as short lived as it ended up being. How many teams had their goal posts torn down after an opening day win...I was at the game (my first game as a season ticket holder), and it was, to this day, one of the more surreal moments I have ever experienced at a live sporting event. Of course, I wasn't at the 1990 AFC Championship game..that must have been a wild one too!

Close runner up: Being at the first game Jim Kelly played in a Bills uniform...they lost, but I swear, the stadium was shaking when #12 came out of the tunnel...still sends shivers down my spine thinking about it.

Here's to some more modern moments! We deserve better than we get from this team... but I am still proud to be a Bills fan.

Great stories, good memories. And my first Bills game was c. 1970 (a loss of course), right when that Dolphins dominance was beginning.

Bills snap 19 game losing streak to the Dolphins. Fans storm the field and tear down the goalposts. I'm 7 and run on to the field with my best friend screaming like we won the Super Bowl. Before I know it, one of the Buffalo Jills scoops me up and kisses me on the lips. I'm bouncing off her jugs with my first boner as she carries me down the field.

I think thats the only reason I've been a fan for over 40 years. I hate being a downer but Rex pisses me the !@#$ off. We were turning the corner and that porky little slickster strolled into town and screwed everything up.

beating the Raiders 51 - 3? back in 91 and knew for sure we were going to win the superbowl.

Bills snap 19 game losing streak to the Dolphins. Fans storm the field and tear down the goalposts. I'm 7 and run on to the field with my best friend screaming like we won the Super Bowl. Before I know it, one of the Buffalo Jills scoops me up and kisses me on the lips. I'm bouncing off her jugs with my first boner as she carries me down the field.

I think thats the only reason I've been a fan for over 40 years. I hate being a downer but Rex pisses me the !@#$ off. We were turning the corner and that porky little slickster strolled into town and screwed everything up.

Can't beat that (she was probably making sure you were safe , awe :wub: )

Each and every moment.....even now

I cannot imagine being a fan of another team

oooh, dang, every moment?

Fergy To Roland Hooks. "Hook and Ladder Hail Mary"

11/22/1981... Listening to it on the stereo in our basement.

Here is the call by Van, and vid too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCBvKzWS9iY

Notice the mt seats in endzone? LoL...

:thumbsup:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

For me, the Don Shula retirement game. The Fish came to OP in 1995 for the Wild Card round, and we proceeded to drop 341 yards rushing on them in a complete and utter beatdown, sending Don Shula to retirement in style. Tim Tindale, the Canadian Comet, providing the coup de grace at 4:18 in this clip from NFL Prahm Tahm (forgive me, I posted this just a few months ago, but it NEVER gets old):

Edited by Freddie's Dead

You picked mine, although I wasn't there. It still was awesome to dominate the Raiders the way they did to get to their first Super Bowl.

Favorite moment is seeing my first game at Rich Stadium, December 1995, against the Dolphins, Bills win and clinch another playoff spot. Unfortunately they lost two weeks later against the Steelers. But it was an awesome day to be a Bills fan.

Honestly, Mario Watch was probably the first moment that I realised that this awful team had consumed me. It felt like a landscape change for the team, a priority FA actually wanted to be in Buffalo.

I've not been a fan long enough to have too many memorable on-field moments. Maybe the Pats game with the Florence INT or beating GB a couple of years ago.

The day my Dad came to me all excited because we got this guy named Jim Kelly to play here. Supposedly that was a big deal or something. '86 or '87, i dont know. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I remember being like "who?" And he said something like "this guy is gonna be good, trust me"

For me, the Don Shula retirement game. The Fish came to OP in 1995 for the Wild Card round, and we proceeded to drop 341 yards rushing on them in a complete and utter beatdown, sending Don Shula to retirement in style. Tim Tindale, the Canadian Comet, providing the coup de grace at 4:18 in this clip from NFL Prahm Tahm (forgive me, I posted this just a few months ago, but it NEVER gets old):

I was at that game. We were all over Cox. He was public enemy #1 after giving the fans the finger.

Nothing this century. And not at home.

But the no punt game in S.F. When Bruce came out for warm ups there were mostly Bills fans in the stadium. They were loud . Bruce did a lap around the stadium with his helmet held high. the fans screaming Bruuuuuce all the way. after the game the scene by the team busses was unreal. a couple of thousand Bills fans complete fandamonium.

My all time favorite game was this:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/21/sports/bills-clinch-afc-east-crown.html

It seems the goal post tear down has been scrubbed from video history, but I remember that game like it was yesterday. My late friend Jane and I and the group I was with just stood there wondering if this was really happening. The goal posts passed up to Ralph was epic. Such Joy.

My second favorite moment was when the Pegula's bough the team and I was with my nephew who was not a Ralph Wilson supporter. As we entered the Miami / Wilson tribute season opener, they were handing out stickers with the RWS logo. Dan took his, took a look at it and handed it back and said politely "No thank you". All that it means to be a Bills fan in one simple transaction. It still makes me laugh. #GoBills.

Mine was a very short lived one. It was the moments leading up to wide right. I was at a party with all Bills fans. As the FG team was going onto the field everyone was standing and going crazy, screaming, high fiving, the feeling that the Bills were FINALLY going to win the big one was just euphoric. Even the "plus 1's" in attendance that weren't football fans at all were caught up in the emotion of the moment. It was unreal.

Then after the kick everyone just collapsed silently into their chairs for what seemed like hours at the time. But the moments before that !@#$ing kick I'll never forget. I just hope that someday I'll have a moment like that, with a different result, to share with my family.

My all time favorite game was this:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/11/21/sports/bills-clinch-afc-east-crown.html

It seems the goal post tear down has been scrubbed from video history, but I remember that game like it was yesterday. My late friend Jane and I and the group I was with just stood there wondering if this was really happening. The goal posts passed up to Ralph was epic. Such Joy.

My second favorite moment was when the Pegula's bough the team and I was with my nephew who was not a Ralph Wilson supporter. As we entered the Miami / Wilson tribute season opener, they were handing out stickers with the RWS logo. Dan took his, took a look at it and handed it back and said politely "No thank you". All that it means to be a Bills fan in one simple transaction. It still makes me laugh. #GoBills.

I remember that jets game vividly. The Fred smearlles blocked FG seemed so magical. You knew we were on the cusp of greatness.

1. The Cowboys Monday Night game was the craziest I've seen the Ralph. One and only time I got so excited I jumped up, got pushed by the celebrating crowd and landed on my back in the next row.

2. Chargers game when the power went out. Played the bulk of the rest of the game with no power.

3. The wind game (Giants?) when the posts had to be held down with rope to pull them straight.

4. The day my first ever season tickets arrived at the house (I miss real tickets :-( )

Edited by driddles