In honor of the highly missed 10 Things from Bill in NYC..

Chandler#81

I have no delusions of grandeur. I just miss his post game threads. Here's my feeble attempt:

1.)Game was far more one-sided than the score reads. Ravens believed they could stop us all day so Flacco & Co. kept it conservative and clock eating. Ravens committed so many dumb penalties early, they kept us in the game.

2.) I'm hoping Cordy isn't too badly injured, but that doesn't excuse Ritchie, Wood, Miller or Mills.

3,) Robert Woods was our best blocker. He played a fine if unsung game!

4.) Where were our high energy, attacking MLB's? They seemed invisible. When we got strong DL penetration, Forsett & Company slithered through for a ton of 1st downs.

5.) Thank you for showing up Jerry Hughes! Not just on the pass rush, he looked great vs run too.

6.) From the start of the 2nd quarter on, I knew we need a defensive score to have a chance. For shame, offense!

7.) For such a strong commitment to ST's this offseason, were we worse? 2 penalties on Sanborn, jumping on a guy to get higher for a block, multiple Personal Fouls, CARPENTER???

8.) I don't think Tyrod ever looked this poor last season. Certainly not a full games worth. Granted, he was smacked around a lot -an perhaps suffered an injury or 2, but I saw no courage, no strength of character. In fact, images of Joe Ferguson trudging off the field with head down surfaced a few different times.

9.) We entered the game w/ 5 DL and likely lost Worthy for a spell. Street FA's coming to New Era between now and Thursday night will likely play then..

10.) Undisciplined play, Special teams penalties, poor clock management-especially at the end of the 1st half, when a FG would have been crucial. Whaddaya have to say for yourself, Rex??

My 2 cents

1. The horrendous clock management again was troubling

2. RBs need to stop trying to bounce every play outside

3. CBs gave too many soft cushions

4. OL was pretty bad

5. No deepshots enough said about that.

6. The receiving corp is Watkins, Woods and a TJ Graham clone, late round draft choices and street FAs....depth is terrible

7. Romans game plan was about as bad as you can do.

8. Rex has 15 games left in his career as head HC

Maybe it was me, but they seemed to convert so many 3rd downs. I worried the Defense was getting full game weary before half time.

They did have issues on third downs,but they still held them to 13 points.

As an aside watching Zuttah snap that ball off flaccos chest was one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile.

Maybe it was me, but they seemed to convert so many 3rd downs. I worried the Defense was getting full game weary before half time.

I thought the defense played well, really well in fact. They were one bone-headed alignment from not allowing the Ravens to score a TD.

They pressured Flacco well.

The coverage was good.

They had a couple decent runs but they stuffed them when they needed to.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Hughes was great with a couple critical errors (for instance that last missed tackle). DL looked good for the most part. Outside of a couple bad plays (Duke TD, Darby missing easy INT) I thought the was good and certainly put us in a position to win.

Kujo did very well today but now we have no depth.

Crap! Yes I did. Sorry. Please provide an apt song for this games' showing.

If the game is lost then we're all the same

No one left to place or take the blame

We will leave this place an empty stone

Or that shining ball of blue we can call our home

(Bill's songs are Grateful Dead songs.)

Edited by Maguire's Beer

1. This was Roman's worst game as Bills' OC, and Taylor's worst as QB. They were horrible, terrible and disappointing as hell... And yet the Bills only lost by a score on the road. Agonizing and frustrating of course, but this loss is not the end of the world or even the season.

2. Losing Glenn hurt the running game a ton, they had just started finding success on the stretch plays but as soon as Glenn went out that success went bye-bye.

3. Woods made a couple of slobber-knocker blocks, I feel dead inside when I say this was the offensive highlight for me.

4. Jerry Hughes took his strong camp and carried it into this game. I didn't like the PF call on him in the 3rd, brutal call, or the missed tackle in the 4th, but Jerry played hard all game.

5. The team really missed Marcel Dareus throughout the game, but especially on the last 3rd and 1 where the Ravens sealed the game.

6. Duke Williams got hung out to dry on the 66 yard TD pass by Rex.

7. Did I mention how much I hated G-Ro's plan of attack today? It's worth a double mention either way.

8. A short week could be a blessing in disguise, I have a feeling a lot of players are going to want to seek redemption ASAP once they watch film and see all the plays they left on the field (looking at you, Darby). But not having a full week to get Glenn back is tough.

9. NRC played really well today, the little guy was all over the field. He took the one penalty that hurt but bounced back nicely.

10. The AFC East is 0-2 at the moment, if the Cards and Hawks do their part it'll take some of the sting out of this loss. If the Bills want to make the playoffs, they need to beat the teams they're supposed to beat. This was one of those games and their margin for error just got a little bit smaller.

1. This was Roman's worst game as Bills' OC, and Taylor's worst as QB. They were horrible, terrible and disappointing as hell... And yet the Bills only lost by a score on the road. Agonizing and frustrating of course, but this loss is not the end of the world or even the season.

2. Losing Glenn hurt the running game a ton, they had just started finding success on the stretch plays but as soon as Glenn went out that success went bye-bye.

3. Woods made a couple of slobber-knocker blocks, I feel dead inside when I say this was the offensive highlight for me.

4. Jerry Hughes took his strong camp and carried it into this game. I didn't like the PF call on him in the 3rd, brutal call, or the missed tackle in the 4th, but Jerry played hard all game.

5. The team really missed Marcel Dareus throughout the game, but especially on the last 3rd and 1 where the Ravens sealed the game.

7. Did I mention how much I hated G-Ro's plan of attack today? It's worth a double mention either way.

8. A short week could be a blessing in disguise, I have a feeling a lot of players are going to want to seek redemption ASAP once they watch film and see all the plays they left on the field (looking at you, Darby). But not having a full week to get Glenn back is tough.

9. NRC played really well today, the little guy was all over the field. He took the one penalty that hurt but bounced back nicely.

10. The AFC East is 0-2 at the moment, if the Cards and Hawks do their part it'll take some of the sting out of this loss. If the Bills want to make the playoffs, they need to beat the teams they're supposed to beat. This was one of those games and their margin for error just got a little bit smaller.

I thought that wasn't so much on Duke as it was on the defensive alignment. It was a 3rd and 1 and the Bills had the classic "8 in the box." Baltimore made the right call - they isolated a very talented receiver on a safety with no deep help. The result was completely predictable. Duke is a very limited player - a run-stopping (supposedly, at least) safety.

Concerned about Glenn and having to play again so quick

I thought that wasn't so much on Duke as it was on the defensive alignment. It was a 3rd and 1 and the Bills had the classic "8 in the box." Baltimore made the right call - they isolated a very talented receiver on a safety with no deep help. The result was completely predictable. Duke is a very limited player - a run-stopping (supposedly, at least) safety.

That's what I meant, it wasn't on Duke. It was on Rex. I think Rex even said so at the podium after the game but they had the wrong guy doubled, leaving duke one on one with Wallace which shouldn't happen ever. :beer:

Concerned about Glenn and having to play again so quick

Me too.

My 2 cents

4. OL was pretty bad

6. The receiving corp is Watkins, Woods and a TJ Graham clone, late round draft choices and street FAs....depth is terrible

Pretty good list.

1. Not being able to get plays in on time over and over is crazy bad clock management.

2. If you want to play hyper-conservative, trying to win by a field goal at the end offense then you need some RB's who will take the 4 yard gain instead of the 5 yard loss.

3. Darby was all over the field but did not play heady football.......wasn't ready to intercept that hot route that the blitz was designed to force.......inexplicably tried to tackle enormous Joe Flacco around the legs when he should have been going after the football and then made a pathetic attempt at a tackle around the ankles and those two dumb plays lead to critical yardage.

6. Robert Woods did not look good in the pass game. Poor body control...... even fell down on some routes! I thought his skating act last year was attributed to a groin injury?

7.I don't get the Roman gameplan either.

I think that you missed that Taylor put up a game that was worse by a lot than a typical game by EJ Manuel. I am not saying that Manuel is a legitimate starting QB, but Taylor certainly didn't look like one, either.

My 2 cents

4. OL was pretty bad

I see a conspiracy here, call a rotten game, get Rex fired by midseason?

A couple more like that and he doesn't see another 15 games.

Yeah. Usually the next in line in midseason is the OC of the more successful (offense or defense) unit. In this case that would be Rob Ryan's D.!

I have no delusions of grandeur. I just miss his post game threads. Here's my feeble attempt:

1.)Game was far more one-sided than the score reads. Ravens believed they could stop us all day so Flacco & Co. kept it conservative and clock eating. Ravens committed so many dumb penalties early, they kept us in the game.

2.) I'm hoping Cordy isn't too badly injured, but that doesn't excuse Ritchie, Wood, Miller or Mills.

3,) Robert Woods was our best blocker. He played a fine if unsung game!

4.) Where were our high energy, attacking MLB's? They seemed invisible. When we got strong DL penetration, Forsett & Company slithered through for a ton of 1st downs.

5.) Thank you for showing up Jerry Hughes! Not just on the pass rush, he looked great vs run too.

6.) From the start of the 2nd quarter on, I knew we need a defensive score to have a chance. For shame, offense!

7.) For such a strong commitment to ST's this offseason, were we worse? 2 penalties on Sanborn, jumping on a guy to get higher for a block, multiple Personal Fouls, CARPENTER???

8.) I don't think Tyrod ever looked this poor last season. Certainly not a full games worth. Granted, he was smacked around a lot -an perhaps suffered an injury or 2, but I saw no courage, no strength of character. In fact, images of Joe Ferguson trudging off the field with head down surfaced a few different times.

9.) We entered the game w/ 5 DL and likely lost Worthy for a spell. Street FA's coming to New Era between now and Thursday night will likely play then..

10.) Undisciplined play, Special teams penalties, poor clock management-especially at the end of the 1st half, when a FG would have been crucial. Whaddaya have to say for yourself, Rex??

Did you watch the Tennessee game? Tyrod was just as bad...only reason he looked better in the Patriot game was because they were up big and the defense softened up some...he was brutal like this in several games last year for parts of them...