SBNation:Buffalo's 3 Black QBs battling themselves & history

YoloinOhio

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

instead of reading the entire thread (I read about 1/3), But having skimmed/read the OP's linked article, I came away with one thought.

The article paints Buff as one of the most racially divided cities in the USA. Prolly is. I havent lived there since the early 90s. But . . .

I believe it was the 1980 census, where we were waiting with baited breath, for what we saw all around us to be confirmed (or not).

And yes, finally, the City of Buffalo was more than 50% black.

OMG it was dancing in the streets. Any of y'all remember?

(Edit: Apparently I was misinformed. Or our elders mistold us. But still it was good times back then. See pg 63. https://www2.census.gov/prod2/decennial/documents/1980/1980censusofpopu80134unse_bw.pdf )

Edited by maddenboy

LOL :thumbsup::beer: :beer:

Good counter point to the article. I cant say that Buffalo isnt a racist city, but it's true that the Bills haven't had an issue with black QBs.

We had an issue in the 60's with Marlin Briscoe. But that was an issue league-wide. Not just Buffalo. Ralph Wilson was a lot of things but racist is not one of them. You know UB was the first D-1 school with a black AD, head football and head basketball coach? Good thing this writer didn't know that or he Would have written a massive expose on racism in Buffalo. <_<.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Guys, there isn't even a white QB in free agency that I would want taking the place of any of our three QBs!!!

This is the most comfortable I have been with our QBs in years.

I love Tyrod at 1.

I really like EJ at 2.

and I am so looking forward to Cardale's future with him at 3.

This.

Why, you don't like the truth, the tough topics, reality?

No, thats not what i meant at all. The fact that its 2016 and we are still having the same issues with race that we always have, like you mentioned, is the ridiculous part.

CrNqv3mXYAAeb1q.jpg

Figures Cardale would be carrying a Chipotle bag

He's gotta eat

No, thats not what i meant at all. The fact that its 2016 and we are still having the same issues with race that we always have, like you mentioned, is the ridiculous part.

He's gotta eat

More of a laxative in solid form than actual food.

I laughed at this. I shouldn't have because it's not funny, but I had the same realization after I moved back.

I had the exact opposite reaction when I moved back from Harrisburg, PA. Heard the N-word on nearly a daily basis down there, bunch o' Rednecks. I don't hear that up here in WNY.

Guys, there isn't even a white QB in free agency that I would want taking the place of any of our three QBs!!!

This is the most comfortable I have been with our QBs in years.

I love Tyrod at 1.

I really like EJ at 2.

and I am so looking forward to Cardale's future with him at 3.

I'm as happy as I can be with our depth chart given we don't have an established franchise QB. This is a good group of unprovens.

Oddly, while I know of course that TT, EJ and Cardale are each black, it never dawned on me until now that our entire QB depth chart is black. Or that this is some kind of accomplishment.

In the army we used to say we're not black or white anymore, we're all green. All Bills players are the same shade of royal blue.

I had the exact opposite reaction when I moved back from Harrisburg, PA. Heard the N-word on nearly a daily basis down there, bunch o' Rednecks. I don't hear that up here in WNY.

That's interesting. Daily basis is pretty sad.

Not only that, but the Chipotle. He already doesn't look as tight as TT or EJ, he better knock that s*** off.

He looks like a substitute teacher on a Friday.

EJ and TT look good. I dress like Cardale around Christmas time when I add a few lbs.

Edited by stony

You could have actually done that through action, not words.

Yeah, that's the funny part. I am happier with our QB situation than I have been in years, and it took this turd of an article for me to even notice the main premise....bit of a stretch. (And NO, I'm not denying racism as there are @#$%&'s everywhere.) And to whoever brought up Marlin Briscoe in the 60's, thanks for making me feel ancient! Like yourself - so take THAT! :)

Not only that, but the Chipotle. He already doesn't look as tight as TT or EJ, he better knock that s*** off.

Chipotle is what you make it. It can be very healthy, even vegan.

Yeah, that's the funny part. I am happier with our QB situation than I have been in years, and it took this turd of an article for me to even notice the main premise....bit of a stretch. (And NO, I'm not denying racism as there are @#$%&'s everywhere.) And to whoever brought up Marlin Briscoe in the 60's, thanks for making me feel ancient! Like yourself - so take THAT! :)

That would be me.

instead of reading the entire thread (I read about 1/3), But having skimmed/read the OP's linked article, I came away with one thought.

The article paints Buff as one of the most racially divided cities in the USA. Prolly is. I havent lived there since the early 90s. But . . .

I believe it was the 1980 census, where we were waiting with baited breath, for what we saw all around us to be confirmed (or not).

And yes, finally, the City of Buffalo was more than 50% black.

OMG it was dancing in the streets. Any of y'all remember?

(Edit: Apparently I was misinformed. Or our elders mistold us. But still it was good times back then. See pg 63. https://www2.census.gov/prod2/decennial/documents/1980/1980censusofpopu80134unse_bw.pdf )

No..............But, I do remember Talkin' Proud that year.

We had an issue in the 60's with Marlin Briscoe. But that was an issue league-wide. Not just Buffalo. Ralph Wilson was a lot of things but racist is not one of them. You know UB was the first D-1 school with a black AD, head football and head basketball coach? Good thing this writer didn't know that or he Would have written a massive expose on racism in Buffalo. <_<.

Actually, Denver had the issue. He totally got screwed by Lou Saban. He was a receiver when we got him. He led the league, so it was probably pretty hard to have him switch back to QB at that point.

Why would he have his main picture be a bunch of good to great white quarterbacks?