The Bills are Going to the Playoffs This Year (Part 1)

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I have not been this confident that the Bills were going to the playoffs since I was a kid and that was an every year thing. People are sleeping on the Bills. This team is a potential powerhouse and people are to caught up in the past to see it. Time to stop hatin and get on board, because the sooner you do, the more you will be able to enjoy one of the funnest seasons in Bills history.

Yes I love the Bills like a family member, so there is obvious bias. That said, this team is showing me some signs that cannot be ignored.

First of all I think the offense is going to be one of the best in the league. I fully believe in Greg Roman. He has a unique offensive scheme that no one else is running and his success last year proved that it was not a fluke in San Francisco. Greg Roman was one play away from winning the Super Bowl with Colin freaking Kaepernick as his QB.

Yes that Niners team had a dominant offensive line, but our offensive line is better than we give it credit for and it is going to be better than it was last year. On the contrary, I feel we are superior at the skill positions. Frank Gore was a fine running back but McCoy may be the best all around back in the NFL when you consider both running and receiving. Mark my words, Sammy Watkins is going to absolutely tear the league up this year and we will be seeing him in sunny Orlando. Robert Woods gets a lot of hate but he is a good receiver and competitor. He can run all the routes on the route tree and when he was called upon last year when Watkins was out, he performed well.

I cannot say Clay is on the same level as Veron Davis circa 2012 but he is still a very good, complete TE. If what there are saying about Goodwin is true, defenses are going to absolutely be petrified of our offense when we line up in 3 WR sets. You could see prior to this season that Goodwin has talent as a WR. He has never been a Graham type who couldn't hold onto the ball with even minimal contact. Goodwin has shown signs in the past and sometimes it just takes time to develop. I remember Eric Moulds was on the verge of being considered a bust before he broke out and became one of the best and most physically dominant receivers in Bills history.

This is year two for these players in this offense. Their is no doubt in my mind you are going to see a better, more explosive and more consistent offense this year. Teams are going to have a lot of trouble stopping us. We have the fastest offense in the NFL. We have elite players with something to prove. Take Watkins and McCoy earlier than projected in your fantasy leagues because they are both going to absolutely tear it up this year.

And the biggest reason this offense is going to be very good-great this season, Tyrod freaking Taylor. If we were all in a room together you could here the inflection in my voice and realize that freaking I gave Tyrod is much better than the freaking I gave Kaepernick. Tyrod had a very good year last season, his first as a starter. Before last season, Tyrod threw 35 passes in the regular season in the NFL. What he did last year in his first season as a starter was very encouraging. Yes he had been in the league for 4 years and that certainly put him ahead in developement of your typical first year starter, but nonetheless, I think almost any player who took his path would certainly improve in his second year as a starter and quite frankly, would probably improve more from year one as a starter to year two as a starter than any other year in his career.

I think we have already seen it happening. From the beginning of OTA's to the end of training camp, Tyrod has been as good as you can hope for. He is showing all the signs of taking a big step and turning into a QB that can do much more than just manage a game. I think that management and the coaches saw this, and changed their tune a bit from earlier in the off-season and decided resigning Tyrod was a top priority.

The play Tyrod made on Janoris Jenkins on Saturday is something few QB's in the league can do. The best part about it was how he baited Jenkins. He saw the blitz coming and did not panic at all. Instead he made a very advance move and step into the pocket a bit, then made an awesome spin move to roll out and give himself all the time in the world. That took great awareness. A lot of QB's would have started to scramble as soon as they saw Jenkins coming on the blitz. Tyrod remained composed and smartly used the blitz against them, giving himself a wide open field and all the time in the world to throw. Did I mention that when Tyrod got out of the pocket, he threw an absolute laser right on the money to Charles Clay? That was a hell of a play. I know this may seem like a weird comparison, but he reminds me of a much faster and athletic Alex Smith with a better arm. Not the same body type obviously but they play within themselves, play smart football and minimize mistakes. I think most of the NFL is sleeping on Tyrod right now. He is going to have a huge year.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

kool1.jpg

I can tell by the quickness of your response that you didn't even bother to read the post. I am far from a Kool-Aid drinker. I have been told I am the exact opposite on this board and others many times. But when January comes around I will not hold it against you if you want to enjoy the end of the streak as much as me.

I can tell by the quickness of your response that you didn't even bother to read the post. I am far from a Kool-Aid drinker. I have been told I am the exact opposite on this board and others many times. But when January comes around I will not hold it against you if you want to enjoy the end of the streak as much as me.

This is enough koolaid to fill New Era Field but I love it. Go Bills

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Well, I was going to make a part two that focused on the defense and chemistry but I think I have said enough. If I am wrong then everyone can call me the biggest homer of all the times. If I am right though, I would expect to be bestowed legendary status on this board. GO BILLS!

Well, I was going to make a part two that focused on the defense and chemistry but I think I have said enough. If I am wrong then everyone can call me the biggest homer of all the times. If I am right though, I would expect to be bestowed legendary status on this board. GO BILLS!

I have never had an issue with being exuberant about our team. I can even tolerate John from Hemet.

Legendary? methinks not as their are others who are diligent in their faith against all comers.

But I will surely get you a prize Bills make it to the playoffs this year.

I honestly would buy the first round for the whole room

Go Bills !

Sure, I'll drink the Kool-aid. I believe this has the potential to be the best "team" we've had in a long time. Primarily because I believe this is our best QB since Bledsoe and that we have some elite level skill set talent to compliment him.

K- I don't mind your optimism. Some folks that are eternally pessimistic get on my nerves in August. There's more than enough time to be negative in December. I'm cautiously optimistic for this year, but have to disagree with you on Goodwin. He'll be lucky to make the team or any team in the NFL.

Bottom line is I want you to be right. The only counterpoint in your comparisons to the SB 49ers is Rex is not Jim Harbaugh.

He is inebriated by the exuberance of his own exuberance or the Kool-Aid is really southern comfort...

There is no doubt that this team is loaded with talent in various areas and really should have made the playoffs last season. While I'm not as optimistic about the team as some. I'm also more pessimistic about the defensive coaching staff in working on a decent game plan each and every week and getting the unit back into the top ten.

K- I don't mind your optimism. Some folks that are eternally pessimistic get on my nerves in August. There's more than enough time to be negative in December. I'm cautiously optimistic for this year, but have to disagree with you on Goodwin. He'll be lucky to make the team or any team in the NFL.

Bottom line is I want you to be right. The only counterpoint in your comparisons to the SB 49ers is Rex is not Jim Harbaugh.

So sad, but true. Bills fans have been hopeful too many times only to have their hopes crushed as the season progresses. So we approach every season "cautiously optimistic" or in other words, hope for the best, but not surprised when the wheels fall off the cart...

It's a tough mentality to shake. That's the reason so many here are just impossible to reason with, they have lost all hope. They expect the absolute worst case scenario, are pleasantly surprised when the team plays well, and knew it all along when the team falls apart.

A playoff drought of this magnitude will do that to the best of us! I appreciate your optimism and I am cautiously optimistic about this season well....GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by ricojes

Like the enthusiasm but pump the breaks! After what we've seen for the past 16 years, this team has earned a reputation for talk is cheap...show me, don't tell me. So, while I myself am cautiously optimistic, I'll believe it when I see it.

BTW, comparing us to the niners is a bit of a stretch. The niners do not play in the same division as the Pats. They also had what I believe to be one of the best coaches in the game in Harbaugh. I'm not a Rex hater, but he's not even close to Harbaugh. That niner D was also a step or two above ours.

The Bills have a tough schedule this year. They need to stay relatively healthy and with a little bit of luck (for once) I think they have a shot at playoffs. Of course, a down year from the Pats will help, but I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by OhDozeBills

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

"Robert Woods gets a lot of hate"??

Defenses will be "petrified" when we line up Goodwin at #3?

Maybe hate wasn't the right word. A lot of people seem to think that Woods cannot be a quality number 2. I on the other hand think he can do very well in that role and he could end up being a very nice compliment to Watkins.

On Goodwin, it was nice how you manipulated what I said to fit your agenda. I said teams will be petrified when we are in 3 WR sets. Not petrified of Goodwin specifically. Taylor, McCoy, Watkins, Goodwin. That is a lot of speed on the field at one time. Probably more speed than any other offense in the NFL can put on the field at one time. Along with Clay and Woods on the field, defenses will certainly have a lot to think about. Compliments on almost getting that one through though.

Like the enthusiasm but pump the breaks! After what we've seen for the past 16 years, this team has earned a reputation for talk is cheap...show me, don't tell me. So, while I myself am cautiously optimistic, I'll believe it when I see it.

BTW, comparing us to the niners is a bit of a stretch. The niners do not play in the same division as the Pats. They also had what I believe to be one of the best coaches in the game in Harbaugh. I'm not a Rex hater, but he's not even close to Harbaugh. That niner D was also a step or two above ours.

The Bills have a tough schedule this year. They need to stay relatively healthy and with a little bit of luck (for once) I think they have a shot at playoffs. Of course, a down year from the Pats will help, but I wouldn't count on it.

If the Bills were on a 5 year streak out of the playoffs, nobody would be saying to pump the breaks. There is no curse! The number of years we have been out of the playoffs will have no barring on our ability to make the playoffs this year. The coaches and most of the players do not give a !@#$ about the streak. This is a new regime and the talent is obviously there. If you stack the talent of every AFC team beside each other, I would say the Bills are definitely in the top 6.

On the Niners comparison, we are running the same offense they ran. Greg Roman is the mind behind that offense. He proved last year that it was not a fluke in San Francisco. We don't have the offensive line that Niners team did, but I think we are better at every skill position except for TE and our offensive may not be great, but it is good. Also we are not that far off at TE and most importantly, I believe Tyrod is superior to Kaepernick.

Also schedule means absolutely nothing to me. Every game in the NFL is tough and tough schedules become easy and vice versa as things play out through the year. Stop trying to find every reason not to believe. This is the year.

I have not been this confident that the Bills were going to the playoffs since I was a kid and that was an every year thing. People are sleeping on the Bills. This team is a potential powerhouse and people are to caught up in the past to see it. Time to stop hatin and get on board, because the sooner you do, the more you will be able to enjoy one of the funnest seasons in Bills history.

Yes I love the Bills like a family member, so there is obvious bias. That said, this team is showing me some signs that cannot be ignored.

First of all I think the offense is going to be one of the best in the league. I fully believe in Greg Roman. He has a unique offensive scheme that no one else is running and his success last year proved that it was not a fluke in San Francisco. Greg Roman was one play away from winning the Super Bowl with Colin freaking Kaepernick as his QB.

Yes that Niners team had a dominant offensive line, but our offensive line is better than we give it credit for and it is going to be better than it was last year. On the contrary, I feel we are superior at the skill positions. Frank Gore was a fine running back but McCoy may be the best all around back in the NFL when you consider both running and receiving. Mark my words, Sammy Watkins is going to absolutely tear the league up this year and we will be seeing him in sunny Orlando. Robert Woods gets a lot of hate but he is a good receiver and competitor. He can run all the routes on the route tree and when he was called upon last year when Watkins was out, he performed well.

I cannot say Clay is on the same level as Veron Davis circa 2012 but he is still a very good, complete TE. If what there are saying about Goodwin is true, defenses are going to absolutely be petrified of our offense when we line up in 3 WR sets. You could see prior to this season that Goodwin has talent as a WR. He has never been a Graham type who couldn't hold onto the ball with even minimal contact. Goodwin has shown signs in the past and sometimes it just takes time to develop. I remember Eric Moulds was on the verge of being considered a bust before he broke out and became one of the best and most physically dominant receivers in Bills history.

This is year two for these players in this offense. Their is no doubt in my mind you are going to see a better, more explosive and more consistent offense this year. Teams are going to have a lot of trouble stopping us. We have the fastest offense in the NFL. We have elite players with something to prove. Take Watkins and McCoy earlier than projected in your fantasy leagues because they are both going to absolutely tear it up this year.

And the biggest reason this offense is going to be very good-great this season, Tyrod freaking Taylor. If we were all in a room together you could here the inflection in my voice and realize that freaking I gave Tyrod is much better than the freaking I gave Kaepernick. Tyrod had a very good year last season, his first as a starter. Before last season, Tyrod threw 35 passes in the regular season in the NFL. What he did last year in his first season as a starter was very encouraging. Yes he had been in the league for 4 years and that certainly put him ahead in developement of your typical first year starter, but nonetheless, I think almost any player who took his path would certainly improve in his second year as a starter and quite frankly, would probably improve more from year one as a starter to year two as a starter than any other year in his career.

I think we have already seen it happening. From the beginning of OTA's to the end of training camp, Tyrod has been as good as you can hope for. He is showing all the signs of taking a big step and turning into a QB that can do much more than just manage a game. I think that management and the coaches saw this, and changed their tune a bit from earlier in the off-season and decided resigning Tyrod was a top priority.

The play Tyrod made on Janoris Jenkins on Saturday is something few QB's in the league can do. The best part about it was how he baited Jenkins. He saw the blitz coming and did not panic at all. Instead he made a very advance move and step into the pocket a bit, then made an awesome spin move to roll out and give himself all the time in the world. That took great awareness. A lot of QB's would have started to scramble as soon as they saw Jenkins coming on the blitz. Tyrod remained composed and smartly used the blitz against them, giving himself a wide open field and all the time in the world to throw. Did I mention that when Tyrod got out of the pocket, he threw an absolute laser right on the money to Charles Clay? That was a hell of a play. I know this may seem like a weird comparison, but he reminds me of a much faster and athletic Alex Smith with a better arm. Not the same body type obviously but they play within themselves, play smart football and minimize mistakes. I think most of the NFL is sleeping on Tyrod right now. He is going to have a huge year.

Personally, I cannot wait for part 2!!!

Tyrod Time!!!

I believe we have the best coaching staff we've had in a long time. Yeah, I get that Rex can be buffoonish and there's no argument he screwed the pooch last year. But I still believe he's an above average defensive coach with an above average defensive staff. Roman is an above average offensive coach. During the drought, we've had some good defensive coaches and some good offensive coaches but never both at the same time until now.

We might also have the best QB since Kelly (Bledsoe was good for only half a season). We've got some really talent at other positions as well.

But playoffs? I'm not yet convinced. If nothing else, the past 16 years of fandom have taught me to be cautious with my optimism. Being in the playoff hunt this year wouldn't shock me. Then again, neither would a 7-9 season.

Maybe hate wasn't the right word. A lot of people seem to think that Woods cannot be a quality number 2. I on the other hand think he can do very well in that role and he could end up being a very nice compliment to Watkins.

On Goodwin, it was nice how you manipulated what I said to fit your agenda. I said teams will be petrified when we are in 3 WR sets. Not petrified of Goodwin specifically. Taylor, McCoy, Watkins, Goodwin. That is a lot of speed on the field at one time. Probably more speed than any other offense in the NFL can put on the field at one time. Along with Clay and Woods on the field, defenses will certainly have a lot to think about. Compliments on almost getting that one through though.

If the Bills were on a 5 year streak out of the playoffs, nobody would be saying to pump the breaks. There is no curse! The number of years we have been out of the playoffs will have no barring on our ability to make the playoffs this year. The coaches and most of the players do not give a !@#$ about the streak. This is a new regime and the talent is obviously there. If you stack the talent of every AFC team beside each other, I would say the Bills are definitely in the top 6.

On the Niners comparison, we are running the same offense they ran. Greg Roman is the mind behind that offense. He proved last year that it was not a fluke in San Francisco. We don't have the offensive line that Niners team did, but I think we are better at every skill position except for TE and our offensive may not be great, but it is good. Also we are not that far off at TE and most importantly, I believe Tyrod is superior to Kaepernick.

Also schedule means absolutely nothing to me. Every game in the NFL is tough and tough schedules become easy and vice versa as things play out through the year. Stop trying to find every reason not to believe. This is the year.

You were specifically discussing Goodwin when you said that including him on the line of scrimmage as a 3rd WR will petrify defenses:

"If what there are saying about Goodwin is true, defenses are going to absolutely be petrified of our offense when we line up in 3 WR sets".

Anyway, I was pointing out that this has not been true in the past, when Goodwin has played. They have seen that look before---no evidence of petrified defenses...

I'm on board K-Gun. We're going to rack up the wins starting with Baltimore, then we're going to Buffalo, and then we're staying in Buffalo and then we're going to New England, DC Tom Harkin, and we're going to LA, and then back to Buffalo and then Miami, then Buffalo, and Seattle And Cincinatti AND BUFFALO AGAIN!! And Oakland! Then we're going back to Buffalo for three weeks and New York! And then we're staying in Buffalo for another three weeks before going to Houston, Texas to take back the Lombardi! BYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

AP_howard_dean_iowa_caucus_mm-160204_31x

I believe that talent wise, our starters are just about as good as anyone. I think that we would have to be unusually healthy to make a playoff run. I believe that we have a real lack of depth with the injuries and suspensions that we have already sustained but if we can stay healthy it's possible to win the division.

I'm on board K-Gun. We're going to rack up the wins starting with Baltimore, then we're going to Buffalo, and then we're staying in Buffalo and then we're going to New England, DC Tom Harkin, and we're going to LA, and then back to Buffalo and then Miami, then Buffalo, and Seattle And Cincinatti AND BUFFALO AGAIN!! And Oakland! Then we're going back to Buffalo for three weeks and New York! And then we're staying in Buffalo for another three weeks before going to Houston, Texas to take back the Lombardi! BYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!"

AP_howard_dean_iowa_caucus_mm-160204_31x

Jauronimo, you are a national treasure, my friend.

Enthusiasm is great. You're going to need it. I, however, do not predict a playoff season. The injury bug is already biting and this team can't seem to buy a break there. Also I have almost no confidence in Rex Ryan to make the type of smart decisions that push a pretty good team into the playoffs. On D, he still doesn't have the right players to run that weird scheme of his (outside contain, rush the middle, dropbox LBs). Will watch the games with you fine folks, but not setting myself up.

I do not disagree with your thoughts on offense. But, I am lacking any confidence in Rex with game day decisions, discipline and defense. Please do bring part 2 because without it part 1 is very biased because it is just a portion of the team. I am cautiously optimistic for the season and hope I am wrong about Rex. Edited by Manther