Tim Tebow to pursue career in baseball

All I want to know has he gotten laid yet?

Dude has basically every hot chick drooling over him and he is like "Nah...I'm good."

WTF?

Even his teammates at Florida when interviewed would say they wish they could be Tim Tebow for a day to see what it would be like having that many hot chicks dying for you to give it to them...

Dude has every man's dream and is like, "No thanks, I'm good..."

He's been banging Urban Meyer for a decade!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can't believe this thread is on page 3

That is exactly the reason Tebow would be great for baseball. The sport has no superstars at any level that transcend into pop culture anymore. No matter what ones opinion of Tebow is, there is no question that he would give the sport some much needed publicity.

That is exactly the reason Tebow would be great for baseball. The sport has no superstars at any level that transcend into pop culture anymore. No matter what ones opinion of Tebow is, there is no question that he would give the sport some much needed publicity.

Baseball isn't really in that much need of publicity at all.

And Tebow wouldn't even crack an Independent League line-up, let alone even a Single A MLB-affiliated team's roster.

This is more stupid than when Jordan tried it. It'll give a jolt to some AA team's town for a couple weeks, but baseball fans going to the park hate one thing ... bad baseball. And it would grow old, very quickly, like it did with Jordan. And Jordan was a real professional athlete. Tebow isn't even one of those.

Baseball isn't really in that much need of publicity at all.

And Tebow wouldn't even crack an Independent League line-up, let alone even a Single A MLB-affiliated team's roster.

This is more stupid than when Jordan tried it. It'll give a jolt to some AA team's town for a couple weeks, but baseball fans going to the park hate one thing ... bad baseball. And it would grow old, very quickly, like it did with Jordan. And Jordan was a real professional athlete. Tebow isn't even one of those.

Do people actually have water cooler baseball talk anymore? I just never hear anyone talk about the game anymore. I hear people talk football, basketball, and even hockey more than I hear about baseball. At least people would be talking. Baseball has no stars anymore that are known to people who aren't diehard fans. Think about all the NFL, and NBA players with TV commercials. No baseball players are at that level anymore. I'm just of the belief that any publicly is good publicity when it comes to a sport that has an aging and disinterested fan base such as baseball. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Do people actually have water cooler baseball talk anymore? I just never hear anyone talk about the game anymore. I hear people talk football, basketball, and even hockey more than I hear about baseball. At least people would be talking. Baseball has no stars anymore that are known to people who aren't diehard fans. Think about all the NFL, and NBA players with TV commercials. No baseball players are at that level anymore. I'm just of the belief that any publicly is good publicity when it comes to a sport that has an aging and disinterested fan base such as baseball.

I've personally never had, nor even overheard, a conversation about hockey in my entire life, actually.

I understand what you're saying about a "star," but baseball has gone the way of regional. Even with their channels. I watch SNY because I'm a Mets fan. I see Lincoln commercials with David Wright and Geico commercials with Jacob deGrom.

If I watch the YES network, I'll see ... well I'll probably still see Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera, but that's another discussion.

Baseball's ticket sales are very healthy, as it its viewership, both regionally and nationally. And they sustain that with a 162-game regular season. Post season numbers are always through the roof.

The sport has no superstars at any level that transcend into pop culture anymore.

baseball has gone the way of regional.

Exactly. Baseball stars are all regional because that's how the games are broadcast. NFL and NBA are more nationally focused.

I will never in my life understand the hatred for Tim Tebow over 100's of other celebrities and sports starts that are way worse than he ever was. It's really insane. Some of the comments in this thread are really sick.

Exactly. Baseball stars are all regional because that's how the games are broadcast. NFL and NBA are more nationally focused.

MLB has problems. National games are the same 5 teams on ESPN. Its dull. Yankees/Red Sox is so played out, I can go without ever seeing them play again.

Then you have their absolutely ridiculous territory map. In Buffalo we are blacked out for like 5 teams and we have 1 team within a 3 hour drive.

Minor League baseball has been poisoned and moved away from the grassroots communities. I remember the NY Penn League was great. We had Welland, St Catharines, Niagara Falls, Jamestown, Batavia, Geneva, Watertown, etc. The only one left is Batavia and they are hanging on by a thread. They all move to places like Staten Island, Brooklyn, Morgantown, etc. You go to a Bisons game and the game is treated like a mere distraction from all the promotions, themes, giveaways, etc. The players dont seem to care in the minor league level and September call-ups gut the teams right at the stretch/playoffs anyways.

29 years old for a baseball player in the minors is old. He should stay on TV. He was doing pretty well. This has little chance for success. I just don't get it. A 2 time National Champion playing QB at Florida plus a few years in the NFL. That's way better than most athletes ever accomplish. Time to hang it up and join the real world.

I will never in my life understand the hatred for Tim Tebow over 100's of other celebrities and sports starts that are way worse than he ever was. It's really insane. Some of the comments in this thread are really sick.

I agree. He was overrated by some as a quarterback but he's a better man than many other NFL players.

Well, he seems like a good person, although an utter distraction in the NFL, and was not capable enough to play in the league. It's hard to believe he can effectively compete with these other young prospects coming up through college, and the minors.

I don't know why he doesn't accept his role as a decent college football analyst on ESPN, and make a nice career for himself. He's so popular by a certain segment of the population, you know he has job security.

Well, he seems like a good person, although an utter distraction in the NFL, and was not capable enough to play in the league. It's hard to believe he can effectively compete with these other young prospects coming up through college, and the minors.

I don't know why he doesn't accept his role as a decent college football analyst on ESPN, and make a nice career for himself. He's so popular by a certain segment of the population, you know he has job security.

Eh, he's chasing the dream. I'd do the same thing if I could!

I never got the Tebow hate. I loved the dude in college and he just wasn't good enough to be a NFL qb. But he's a hard worker who seems like a good dude. Personally, I think religion should be a personal thing but whatever. Tebow is the problem with this country.

And I love people who tell other people they shouldn't do something. Why shouldn't Tebow pursue baseball!? Worse comes worst he doesn't make it. At least he's trying and not criticizing someone else's life behind a computer screen.

I never got the Tebow hate. I loved the dude in college and he just wasn't good enough to be a NFL qb. But he's a hard worker who seems like a good dude. Personally, I think religion should be a personal thing but whatever. Tebow is the problem with this country.

And I love people who tell other people they shouldn't do something. Why shouldn't Tebow pursue baseball!? Worse comes worst he doesn't make it. At least he's trying and not criticizing someone else's life behind a computer screen.

For every team that takes time looking at Tim Tebow, who hasn't played baseball in over a decade (high school) - some young kid who has been working his ass off to be a professional baseball player is getting robbed of getting looked at.

It's not like this is his lifelong dream. He's desperate and he's taking full advantage of his celebrity to "get a shot," at .... shockingly ... someone else's expense.

Great dude.

For every team that takes time looking at Tim Tebow, who hasn't played baseball in over a decade (high school) - some young kid who has been working his ass off to be a professional baseball player is getting robbed of getting looked at.

It's not like this is his lifelong dream. He's desperate and he's taking full advantage of his celebrity to "get a shot," at .... shockingly ... someone else's expense.

Great dude.

If a guy that hasn't played in over ten years is what's stopping one kid from getting a look, then I'm not going to feel bad for that one kid who likely only has marginal talent. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

competitors want to compete, Makes me wonder how he would have turned out if Peyton didn't show up, for all his warts the guy was a gamer. I think the worst thing he did was change his throwing motion as went from a strong arm with decent accuracy to a hesitant thrower with horrible accuracy.

But if he truly wants to compete he should humble himself and play in Canada or switch positions like TE, to which I think he would be a beast at with his hard-nosed running style.

hope he makes it in baseball but not counting on it.

@ChrisBurke_SI

She should be signed by an MLB team before Tebow:

DeadNaiveBarbet.gif

wonder if that wind up gives her more velocity.

Great dude.

Teams hold open tryouts, he is taking no ones spot. If he is better then he deserves to be there if not then it will be that poor kid who has been slaving away for all these yrs :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Tebow on the diamond
Tim Tebow held his showcase Tuesday for media and scouts. It went about as well as can be expected for a football player who hasn't played a game of organized baseball in years.

So he has zero chance to pull this off?

I don't want to say there's zero chance, but that would be a long shot worthy of a movie.

The Tebow hate was more from what others pumped him up to be than anything he did.

Great dude.

If someone else is good enough, they will get their shot. Tim Tebow will not be the reason someone else doesn't make it the show.

Tim Tebow is to baseball what Kim Kardashian is...to baseball.

Exactly! Watched his workout for the scouts ( or what they broadcast of it) and honestly know some kids in summer leagues

play at a higher level than that tired ex college football star. He,Hasn't played baseball since high school, pushing 30, and thinks he has major

League potential? Based on what his college football career or his game winning td in the nfl playoffs?

I'm surprised teams actually wasted the time on this guy. How much longer before this guy fades away?

He has every right to tryout of teams want to look at him, but probably has zero chance of making a team. He was a good college QB, but like many wasn't good enough even as a back up in the NFL. I don't hate the guy. I respect his convictions.

What doesn't make sense to me is he has his religious endeavors doing mission work, is a successful college football analyst on ESPN, and can probably have a great career. This is the next chapter in his life. Move on.