Tim Tebow to pursue career in baseball

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's broadcaster/coach time. He needs to let it go

i agree - he's a very good broadcaster IMO on sec network/ESPN and think he'd be a great coach. I'm guessing he's doing this just to see if he can - maybe something where he always wondered if he could make it. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree - he's a very good broadcaster IMO on sec network/ESPN and think he'd be a great coach. I'm guessing he's doing this just to see if he can - maybe something where he always wondered if he could make it.

What makes you think that? He struggled reading defenses when it was job.

Broadcaster, yes. Motivational Speaker, Sure. Coach? Nah

What makes you think that? He struggled reading defenses when it was job.

Broadcaster, yes. Motivational Speaker, Sure. Coach? Nah

a huge part of it is recruiting and motivating. They have so many coaches on college staffs he wouldn't need to necessarily specialize in something that wasn't his strength (reading NFL defenses). I should have specified college coach but thought that was a given. Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree - he's a very good broadcaster IMO on sec network/ESPN and think he'd be a great coach. I'm guessing he's doing this just to see if he can - maybe something where he always wondered if he could make it.

No offense at all, but I will never understand why anyone thinks they can identify a good coaching candidate from what they see of someone on the field. Fred Jackson's name is always thrown out there as one who would be a "great coach." Now Tebow. Based on what, exactly. Again - no offense is intended, here. I just want to understand what makes people think some athletes will make great coaches.

No offense at all, but I will never understand why anyone thinks they can identify a good coaching candidate from what they see of someone on the field. Fred Jackson's name is always thrown out there as one who would be a "great coach." Now Tebow. Based on what, exactly. Again - no offense is intended, here. I just want to understand what makes people think some athletes will make great coaches.

i have seen him in coaching mode at Osu already. He is there all the time. It's my opinion he will be good if he pursues it as a career. He's a high work ethic guy that preaches the grind and mental toughness and imo a very capable teacher to 18-22 year olds, many who walk in like they own the world and need to be "de-recruited" from day 1. That's a big part of the job. I have no idea if Fred Jackson would be a good coach. My opinion doesn't have much to do with what Tebow did on the field other than kids follow his lead partly due to his success. Edited by YoloinOhio

He just wins. And has the highest 4th qtr TQBR.

Tebow doesn't win. But he was lucky enough to play on winning teams. Denver's defense won the games Tebow started.

Tebow remarkably completed less than half of his NFL passes (47.9%) and his career passer rating is 3 points below EJ's.

But he's a good guy and I hope him success. I once drove by the hospital he built in Davao (Philippines). He's a classy, generous human being.

Edited by hondo in seattle

i have seen him in coaching mode at Osu already. He is there all the time. It's my opinion he will be good if he pursues it as a career. He's a high work ethic guy that preaches the grind and mental toughness and imo a very capable teacher to 18-22 year olds, many who walk in like they own the world and need to be "de-recruited" from day 1. That's a big part of the job. I have no idea if Fred Jackson would be a good coach. My opinion doesn't have much to do with what Tebow did on the field other than kids follow his lead partly due to his success.

Based on what? Tebow seems like a hell of a nice guy, but he also has shown himself to be very stubborn and serve only himself and his goals. Refusing to switch positions to help the team, for example. I doubt he would be a good coach, because he would be focused on yet another comeback attempt.

JMO of course. But I don't see him being a good coach. Motivator maybe, not a good coach

Based on what? Tebow seems like a hell of a nice guy, but he also has shown himself to be very stubborn and serve only himself and his goals. Refusing to switch positions to help the team, for example. I doubt he would be a good coach, because he would be focused on yet another comeback attempt.

JMO of course. But I don't see him being a good coach. Motivator maybe, not a good coach

Aside from not switching positions, what other things are you referring to?

This is an excellent point. Tim Tebow has always been driven by one thing - his own personal success. Reminds me of Flutie's selfish ass, but I won't go there (I know I just went there).

His command of the english languange doesn't seem to be very, very, very, good. As that is how he describes things. Just inserting the word "very" mutliple times to indicate a level of seriousness. To each their own but he comes of as a himbo to me.

Aside from not switching positions, what other things are you referring to?

Not going to the CFL to work on his craft?

Purely football speaking, he seems like a selfish player that wants to come across as a team guy, but is only in it for himself. When the Broncos won a game where he attempted and completed, two passes all day, was it about him or the defense?

Probably him

Purely football speaking, he seems like a selfish player that wants to come across as a team guy, but is only in it for himself. When the Broncos won a game where he attempted and completed, two passes all day, was it about him or the defense?

Probably him

Sounds like hindsight :nana:

Probably him

If you're talking about the media, he got the credit. If you're talking about him, I'm relatively certain the team was credited.

Guess we'll just have to disagree. I see him as a decent guy who just was bad at QB.

If you're talking about the media, he got the credit. If you're talking about him, I'm relatively certain the team was credited.

Guess we'll just have to disagree. I see him as a decent guy who just was bad at QB.

I see him as a guy who wanted to become the center of attention so he could push his social views on everyone forced to listen. He always knew when the camera was on him (his "praying" thing) and all he's ever wanted was for it to be on him even more. He's a homophobe, an anti-semite, has no respect for women .... and he's a horrible QB.

I see him as a guy who wanted to become the center of attention so he could push his social views on everyone forced to listen. He always knew when the camera was on him (his "praying" thing) and all he's ever wanted was for it to be on him even more. He's a homophobe, an anti-semite, has no respect for women .... and he's a horrible QB.

Not disagreeing with you but curious what he did that makes you think he doesnt respect women?

Did I miss a news story or something?

CBF

Im not sure how he would do in the CFL. You really cant throw an incomplete pass or its a drive-ruiner. He does have the athleticism down.

I support his desire to play baseball. Apparently he was very good in high school. He will almost no-doubt get an opportunity (I guess it depends on if he will accept whatever terms and conditions are presented). He will be a boon to some minor league team. It wouldn't surprise me to see him advance to AA.

He probably misses and craves the camaraderie and competition. Probably isnt a big fan of being a human battering ram of a FB or TE or going to live in Canada?

*I loathed the fact that he was an awful QB and winning fluke games thanks to lockdown defense and getting all the credit... and thus forcing me to try to explain how going 3-12 for 50 yard in a 12-3 win doesnt mean he is good.

Edited by May Day 10

Not disagreeing with you but curious what he did that makes you think he doesnt respect women?

Did I miss a news story or something?

CBF

Without getting into any detail, I'll just say that he thinks he's knows what's better for a woman's body/life than any woman does.

Sounds like a Huffpost article.

Nope. Just observations.

Fair enough man.

:lol: I had never heard the anti-Semitic part about him (had heard the other stuff) and googled it just now, and a Huffpost article was one of the first results.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

All I want to know has he gotten laid yet?

Dude has basically every hot chick drooling over him and he is like "Nah...I'm good."

WTF?

Even his teammates at Florida when interviewed would say they wish they could be Tim Tebow for a day to see what it would be like having that many hot chicks dying for you to give it to them...

Dude has every man's dream and is like, "No thanks, I'm good..."

All I want to know has he gotten laid yet?

Dude has basically every hot chick drooling over him and he is like "Nah...I'm good."

WTF?

Even his teammates at Florida when interviewed would say they wish they could be Tim Tebow for a day to see what it would be like having that many hot chicks dying for you to give it to them...

Dude has every man's dream and is like, "No thanks, I'm good..."

Why would someone need to get laid when they have all that holiness flowing though them.