Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@chrisbrownbills

Rex- I know there are reports out there about Ragland, but no one knows exactly what he has. #Bills

@johntwcnews

Swelling in Ragland's knee is what is still holding up prognosis. Rex says he's heard reports, but no one know 4 sure until it goes down.

Come on guys, its not the year 2150 this isn't some under water colony that we are living in. We just don't have the technology yet! How could you expect our team Dr. to diagnose a common knee injury within a reasonable amount of time. Everyone is so negative around here.

It's the NFL, knee injuries don't happen everyday. Give our medical staff at least 6 weeks to give a proper diagnosis. Come on people!

Edited by Estelle Getty

it has been 4 days for the swelling to go down....I am assuming at this point Ragland is out for the season

The Spikes signing was really fortunate

I don't get why?

I said it earlier in the thread, the stability and strength test the trainers would have done on Ragland when the injury happened would have told them it was Grade III sprain. It's more accurate than an MRI. Unless the Bills are being hush hush, which if it was completely torn there would be no point, I'm not so sure I would just assume he's out for the season.

The problem becomes when it's not completely torn or a Grade II sprain. They can't tell what the status is, as in, how much it's partially torn until they can get an accurate MRI. It could be it's not torn at all, and is just been stretched.

IMO, I think at this point, worse case is it's a Grade II sprain, which might put him out 4-6 weeks.

Come on guys, its not the year 2150 this isn't some under water colony that we are living in. We just don't have the technology yet! How could you expect our team Dr. to diagnose a common knee injury within a reasonable amount of time. Everyone is so negative around here.

It's the NFL, knee injuries don't happen everyday. Give our medical staff at least 6 weeks to give a proper diagnosis. Come on people!

Grow up.

You have a diagnosis: partial ACL tear. Why is there confusion as to the next step? Wait for the swelling to subside, re-test to confirm, go from there.

Grow up.

You have a diagnosis: partial ACL tear. Why is there confusion as to the next step? Wait for the swelling to subside, re-test to confirm, go from there.

Learn how to read silly. Rex just said the reports are not confirmed. They still don't know what it is yet Doogie Howser.

Learn how to read silly. Rex just said the reports are not confirmed. They still don't know what it is yet Doogie Howser.

It was a really simple question: why are you confused about the process here?

Had MRI.

Got diagnosed.

Need to confirm once swelling subsides.

Learn to read so that we don't have to spell things out for you

Earth to Freaked-Out-Bills Fans: The swelling might not go down for a few more days. No updates can be made until it does go down.

That is all.

You're now free to return to your normal activities and FREAKING OUT!

The sheer number of dumb comments in this thread is impressive.

Especially given there is NO mystery here...first diagnosis is Partially torn ACL. They are having a second opinion confirm the diagnosis, but that can not be done until they get the swelling down. So where is the mystery other than the mystery of why people on here seem to think their demand and need to know supersedes medical science and procedure?

The real and bigger question is this: is there something contributing to the over whelming amount of injuries this team faces to key players year after year?

Last year we literally had one of the worst, if not worst, overall injury situation in the NFL. We lost all key playmakers on offense for parts of the season, their backups, and some for the season. Even when playing our players were often playing hurt like Taylor, Sammy, McCoy, Clay, and key members of the OL...not to mention the key people we lost on defense. We are already off to a dismal start in the injury department and we havent even played our first preseason game. Its so bad, I almost rater see guys like Sammy, McCoy, Taylor, Clay, AW, KW, Dareus, Gilmore, and Darby never play a single snap in preseason.

So why is this? I don't recall seeing any changes to our strength and conditioning staff, so maybe we start there. What about the condition of the fields we practice on and in the stadium? Either we are just that unlucky or there is something else that seems to repeat this pattern year after year. And I don't want to hear the naive response that all teams have injuries...no kidding...but we continuously get hit among the hardest every year IMO and at some point "bad lucky" or "cursed" can't remain the most common answer and this team needs to look to solve this problem.

Edited by Alphadawg7

@Alphadawg7 -- if one could point to injuries that are similar in nature or tied to specific training or practice techniques, then one could make some presumption about the training/medical staff. I don't think that is the case here. Sometimes luck, or fate, is just what it is.

I'm assuming his knee joint is stable because when Rex first talked about it he said it wasn't a ligament injury (not figuring on a partial ACL tear because they're uncommon). If his knee is unstable, it's a no brain with respect to what needs to done (i.e. surgery and thus IR).

The sheer number of dumb comments in this thread is impressive.

Especially given there is NO mystery here...first diagnosis is Partially torn ACL. They are having a second opinion confirm the diagnosis, but that can not be done until they get the swelling down. So where is the mystery other than the mystery of why people on here seem to think their demand and need to know supersedes medical science and procedure?

The real and bigger question is this: is there something contributing to the over whelming amount of injuries this team faces to key players year after year?

Last year we literally had one of the worst, if not worst, overall injury situation in the NFL. We lost all key playmakers on offense for parts of the season, their backups, and some for the season. Even when playing our players were often playing hurt like Taylor, Sammy, McCoy, Clay, and key members of the OL...not to mention the key people we lost on defense. We are already off to a dismal start in the injury department and we havent even played our first preseason game. Its so bad, I almost rater see guys like Sammy, McCoy, Taylor, Clay, AW, KW, Dareus, Gilmore, and Darby never play a single snap in preseason.

So why is this? I don't recall seeing any changes to our strength and conditioning staff, so maybe we start there. What about the condition of the fields we practice on and in the stadium? Either we are just that unlucky or there is something else that seems to repeat this pattern year after year. And I don't want to hear the naive response that all teams have injuries...no kidding...but we continuously get hit among the hardest every year IMO and at some point "bad lucky" or "cursed" can't remain the most common answer and this team needs to look to solve this problem.

Are you suggesting a 31 page thread about, mostly, nothing, is "impressive?"

This site is good for at least 4 to 5 times that length while keeping the probative value of the commentary and qualitative editorial comment of the thread close to zero.

You must be kind of new around here, despite your post count.

:lol::lol::lol: