Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you cut that out! Didn't Rex say we won the off season!?

LOL!!

LOL

Actually, he said we won July, didn't he?

That's what we've been reduced to here in Buffalo. The circus continues.

A month ago I was on the fence as to what to expect this season. Now, I'm fully expecting Onion-esque type of developments.

It's pretty clear, 99.9% that is, that Watkins has a Jones Fracture, which means that that soap opera ain't even close to over.

Maybe the best thing that can happen to us is to tank, have Whaley & Ryan fired with Pegula pretending for once that he actually knows what he's doing, then draft Chad Kelly next season depending upon how this season goes for him at Miss.

Who knows whether he has the emotional and mental wherewithal to play in the NFL without serious off-field issues, probably and hopefully so with maturity and guidance from his uncle. But Pegula's going to have to step outside of his "One Buffalo" regimen and draft an actual football person to run this team. If he can't see his way to doing that the his era will officially have become comparable to if not worse than the Wilson era.

Edited by TaskersGhost

2016 could go down as the worst draft in Bills history, rivaling the Erik Flowers debacle. Stay tuned.

If we are going by the production that occurs during only their rookie year, you could be right. For the long term, I'll wait and see.

I think Shaq can stay on the Active/PUP through Week 10, at which time he needs to be activated or placed on IR.

Basically that's it. It breaks down specifically like this:

Players on Preseason PUP can return anytime during training camp or preseason.

Players on PUP when regular season starts must stay on PUP for at least 6 weeks.

After week 6 the team has 5 weeks to allow the player to start practicing (player still does not count on active roster).

If player doesn't start practicing by week 11 he stays on PUP for season.

After player starts practicing the team has 3 weeks to decide whether to activate player, place him on IR or release him.

Note: This applies to Lawson. Ragland is not eligible for PUP since he took part in a training camp practice.

Edited by BarleyNY

I'd want a fully healthy returning Reggie. Consider him done for year. Spikes looks reborn. Injuries happen. Kid didn't play one snap in NFL and you can't doom a season on one player who is injured. Speedy recovery. Next up! Go Bills.

If we are going by the production that occurs during only their rookie year, you could be right. For the long term, I'll wait and see.

If you look in the HOF, they actually only count rookie stats, sooooo...

Bummer for Reggie and us, I think it's far from the "circus" that some seem to think - after-all, injuries happen all the time, even random-ass ones - still, would love to have seen Ragland and Shaq on the field this year!

This might be a stupid question, but why couldn't all players wear knee braces during practices and preseason games? Are there lightweight braces that would not restrict movement in a detrimental way? I know very little about knee braces so maybe it is impractical.

As a veteran of many knee surgeries, double-digits, braces really don't do as much as people think for stability. They help, but they're not the end-all-to-be-all in prevention. Athletes don't like to wear them because they're restrictive, mentally even if not practically for some players.

As to the technology, they've come a long way and you are correct, they're very lightweight these days.

What you suggest probably wouldn't hurt though, but again, who thinks that they're going to get an injury. It's one of those hindsight things. There are other protective devices for other purposes that players could wear but don't for the same reasons.