Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a veteran of many knee surgeries, double-digits, braces really don't do as much as people think for stability. They help, but they're not the end-all-to-be-all in prevention. Athletes don't like to wear them because they're restrictive, mentally even if not practically for some players.

As to the technology, they've come a long way and you are correct, they're very lightweight these days.

What you suggest probably wouldn't hurt though, but again, who thinks that they're going to get an injury. It's one of those hindsight things. There are other protective devices for other purposes that players could wear but don't for the same reasons.

Do they make bionic knees yet? Because that's clearly what our team needs! :beer:

Is that supposed to be good spin? Sheesh.

This team is fresh out of good spin.

"Good spin" was that Shaq would be fine when we drafted him and that he could have surgery in the offseason.

"Good spin" is no confirmation that Watkins has a Jones Fracture with two-steps forward-one-step-backwards developments with terminal uncertainty.

"Good spin" was that we didn't need a WR in the draft.

"Good spin" is that we have great depth so that when all of these injuries actually occur as they are now, that we'll be fine.

At some point the web of lies spun comes home to roost. This team has to be among the least forthcoming with truthful info in the league if not the least. But hey, when ticket sales rely entirely on perceived hopes without anything concrete to build on, again, this is what they're reduced to.

I'm sure it'll get much better as the season goes on. We haven't been nearly humiliated enough as Bills fans this season yet.

Edited by TaskersGhost

I'd want a fully healthy returning Reggie. Consider him done for year. Spikes looks reborn. Injuries happen. Kid didn't play one snap in NFL and you can't doom a season on one player who is injured. Speedy recovery. Next up! Go Bills.

Not sure how you see Spikes reborn...... you can't doom a season on one player but Ragland was expected to start, play a lot and contribute.....so it is a big loss

Do they make bionic knees yet? Because that's clearly what our team needs! :beer:

We need bionic brains for our front office. Heck, I'd be willing to let computers conduct our drafts given the way we've done it.

;)

Edited by TaskersGhost

This team is fresh out of good spin.

"Good spin" was that Shaq would be fine when we drafted him and that he could have surgery in the offseason.

"Good spin" is no confirmation that Watkins has a Jones Fracture with two-steps forward-one-step-backwards developments with terminal uncertainty.

"Good spin" is that we have great depth so that when all of these injuries actually occur as they are now, that we'll be fine.

At some point the web of lies spun comes home to roost. This team has to be among the least forthcoming with truthful info in the league if not the least. But hey, when ticket sales rely entirely on perceived hopes without anything concrete to build on, again, this is what they're reduced to.

I'm sure it'll get much better as the season goes on. We haven't been nearly humiliated enough as Bills fans this season yet.

All NFL teams hold back information .......

This franchise lost 4 Superbowls in a row....how can it get worse than that?

He has looked to be in far better shape. I'm really bummed about Ragland, but we may have the pieces to be alright.

I think we do but really wanted to see him play

Got to be the way to go. Teams are so pass-heavy now, harder to pick on Zach.

Yeah. I seem to recall our biggest weakness being shredded over the middle on 3rd and long/short. A pure cover ILB is not the worst thing in th world in a 3-4 scheme

The biggest knock I've heard on him is that he can't blitz. But when you have Hughes and hopefully a healthy Shaq it is less of a problem.

Yeah. I seem to recall our biggest weakness being shredded over the middle on 3rd and long/short. A pure cover ILB is not the worst thing in th world in a 3-4 scheme

The biggest knock I've heard on him is that he can't blitz. But when you have Hughes and hopefully a healthy Shaq it is less of a problem.

Rex can manufacture pressure through scheme so I'm not that concerned. He's not great against the run either but needs must.

I was comfortable with him starting if we didn't address ILB in the draft. He's not Reggie but he does have a relevant NFL skill set.