Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

All NFL teams hold back information .......

This franchise lost 4 Superbowls in a row....how can it get worse than that?

I think we do but really wanted to see him play

Me too. He seemed like a perfect fit.

Rex can manufacture pressure through scheme so I'm not that concerned. He's not great against the run either but needs must.

I was comfortable with him starting if we didn't address ILB in the draft. He's not Reggie but he does have a relevant NFL skill set.

If we are in 3rd and short I'll be happy that we have Spikes back. That one LB is on permanent coverage duty...actually I like that.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are in 3rd and short I'll be happy that we have Spikes back. That one LB is on permanent coverage duty...actually I like that.

I sincerely hope the communication issues are solved this year. Rotating those guys in packages could be problematic if not.

I still think we're in decent shape at ILB, despite my doom and gloom.

I sincerely hope the communication issues are solved this year. Rotating those guys in packages could be problematic if not.

Between the Lawsons and Ragland, though, they have major roster holes. This was not a team that could afford to completely blow its first two draft picks, at least as far as 2016 was concerned. Ragland was bad luck, Shaq was bad strategy.

Didn't you just say?

"Lot of my optimism was around the additions of Shaq and Reggie.

One was mangled from the get go, the other out for the year. Tear it down, burn it. !@#$ it."

This is gonna turn out for Whaley the way it did for Reiger the Sabres old GM. The Pegulas gave the holdover GM a couple years to make things work. When he didn't they canned him and brought in a real GM. Who in return hired a real coach.

Now the Sabres are a destination for free agents and have some of the youngest talent in the NHL with the arrow pointed up. After we suffer through another 8-8 season the ball of change will finally roll after 17 years. I have eternal faith.

This is gonna turn out for Whaley the way it did for Reiger the Sabres old GM. The Pegulas gave the holdover GM a couple years to make things work. When he didn't they canned him and brought in a real GM. Who in return hired a real coach.

Now the Sabres are a destination for free agents and have some of the youngest talent in the NHL with the arrow pointed up. After we suffer through another 8-8 season the ball of change will finally roll after 17 years. I have eternal faith.

Jack Eichel will do that for you. Now we'll see if Tyrod can.

Between the Lawsons and Ragland, though, they have major roster holes. This was not a team that could afford to completely blow its first two draft picks, at least as far as 2016 was concerned. Ragland was bad luck, Shaq was bad strategy.

It's absolutely far from ideal. IK playing any snaps is a cluster!@#$ in the making. I'm still hopeful that Manny can come back for Week 1. He's a solid player, just zero pass rush from him.

I still think Preston is a born Mike, as long as he's addressed concerns about being more vocal and demanding. Zach Brown fits WILB well. Spikes isn't the worst 3rd option. No idea if Hawthorne has anything left in the tank or if Randell can play ILB.

Whaley has got to face criticism for Shaq. No doubt about it. Depth at rush LB is farcical.

Whaley and Rex are in serious trouble. Bad luck is partially to blame but still, they didn't make it easier on themselves. This is a disaster.

What more do you want them to do?

Shaq Lawson, if they knew his injury thats bad but Reggie? Just bad luck. The roster has talent all of the place and one position has been hit especially hard. It happens

As long as they don't sit on their hands and trot out john Degiorgio, we should be fine

Didn't you just say?

"Lot of my optimism was around the additions of Shaq and Reggie.

One was mangled from the get go, the other out for the year. Tear it down, burn it. !@#$ it."

I also said

"Just gonna keep my fingers crossed and not overreact until the full diagnosis is public knowledge.

I'll go all Chicken Little at that point"

I am the king of disagreeing with King Nattering Nabob Jerry Sullivan on everything but......he makes a slightly valid point.

Ragland would have been and will be someday a great addition to the defense. He made exactly 0 tackles last year. Everyone flipping out is always over estimating the value of players added or subtracted- it is a team - they need to find a way work together in a system- no one guy is the whole defense-

Time to get someone else ready- Go Bills!

How do blame a GM for injuries? Oh wait, I forgot where I am for a second.

My prediction: you will be wrong and Whaley will not be fired!

Blills fans have an entire season to overestimate how much Ragland would have meant to the defense.

Wow, this is a low, even for Sully. Just stupidly tweeted back at him that i wish he covered a different team, which is probably exactly what he wanted anyway.