Reggie Ragland to have knee surgery; out for season

Would the report of no crutches or brace from fairburn lend to it being stable?

sounds like it - probably why they (per Leroi) will wait 6 weeks and see where they are instead of moving ahead with surgery. Similar to kiko injury last year (with Eagles). But we will see what the docs say tomorrow. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers. Trying to think positive, in 14' when Kiko went down before the season the rest of the team remained healthy for the majority of the season. Hopefully Ragland was this years sacrifice if that makes any sense!

Unfortunately, it does make sense.

Billsian think.

sounds like it - probably why they (per Leroi) will wait 6 weeks and see where they are instead of moving ahead with surgery. Similar to kiko injury last year (with Eagles). But we will see what the docs say tomorrow.

Did he say wait 6 weeks or ragland will miss 6 weeks. I think he said miss 6 weeks right?

Did he say wait 6 weeks or ragland will miss 6 weeks. I think he said miss 6 weeks right?

he did say he thought it was a 6 week injury. sorry

I think the question isn't whether he needs surgery, but when. Sounds familiar (Lawson). For example, Sean Lee played with a partial tear for 4 years (!). Then finally tore it all the way.

Docs will determine tomorrow whether he needs it now or it is a sprain that can take 6 weeks to recover and play.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Would the report of no crutches or brace from fairburn lend to it being stable?

@adamschefter

Bills scheduled to get second opinion of Reggie Raglands MRI on Monday that will determine how much time rookie 2nd-round pick will miss.

I don't think he'd be getting a second opinion if it was stable. I thought I read that there was instability, but I'm not sure the source was reliable. Looking for it. Edited by BarleyNY

Here is the reality........you don't COUNT on rookies to fill holes in the starting lineup the way the Bills did.

The rhetoric post draft was reminiscent of when Levy was GM and was extolling the virtues of drafting for need. :doh:

You go into the draft with holes filled via free agency and then draft the BPA's at high dollar value/impact positions and hope that some of the draftees surprise and develop and hopefully even beat out a veteran or two.

Drafting Shaq and Ragnuts and then assuming the positions were filled was a mistake......and that has nothing to do with the injuries.

The transition was going to be hard enough.

Hopefully Spikes picks up the slack........he isn't that far off from the skillset of Ragnuts......which unfortunately emphasizes the lack of value in run-stuffing LB's in the NFL nowadays.

Should have addressed the OLB/edge setter situation much earlier as well. Drafting Shaq and tabbing him the starter was weak. Competition is a good thing.

Bado

EVERY team asks for its top drop picks to fill holes.....in the age of the salary cap....free agency....and the money being spent on the top free agency guys you literally have no choice.

Here is the reality........you don't COUNT on rookies to fill holes in the starting lineup the way the Bills did.

The rhetoric post draft was reminiscent of when Levy was GM and was extolling the virtues of drafting for need. :doh:

You go into the draft with holes filled via free agency and then draft the BPA's at high dollar value/impact positions and hope that some of the draftees surprise and develop and hopefully even beat out a veteran or two.

Drafting Shaq and Ragnuts and then assuming the positions were filled was a mistake......and that has nothing to do with the injuries.

The transition was going to be hard enough.

Hopefully Spikes picks up the slack........he isn't that far off from the skillset of Ragnuts......which unfortunately emphasizes the lack of value in run-stuffing LB's in the NFL nowadays.

Should have addressed the OLB/edge setter situation much earlier as well. Drafting Shaq and tabbing him the starter was weak. Competition is a good thing.

You don't count on rookies to fill holes in the starting lineup?? Really?

Hmmm

Are we hiring Taco Bell employees as strength and conditioning coaches? Holy balls we need new training staff.

I truly cannot say enough about Dr. Cappuccino and the rest of our medical staff. Maybe I’m biased, but I think you’d be hard pressed to find better doctors anywhere. And while I’m on that topic I’d like to give a special shout-out to our team trainer Shone Gipson—what Shone has done for me since the day I arrived in Buffalo is something I can’t even begin to explain. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/My-journey-back/8b1dce35-ea68-4cea-af9b-b77e8e4e8ea2

Are we hiring Taco Bell employees as strength and conditioning coaches? Holy balls we need new training staff.

I truly cannot say enough about Dr. Cappuccino and the rest of our medical staff. Maybe Im biased, but I think youd be hard pressed to find better doctors anywhere. And while Im on that topic Id like to give a special shout-out to our team trainer Shone Gipsonwhat Shone has done for me since the day I arrived in Buffalo is something I cant even begin to explain. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/My-journey-back/8b1dce35-ea68-4cea-af9b-b77e8e4e8ea2

well sure but can they make a chalupa? #rogue