Police Shamelessly cite Terrorism in Patrolling Private Lots

Fingon

"Terrorism" has replaced "Think of the children" for the government's continued nanny state invasion into our lives

that may be correct. But are you willing to take the chance? How will it effects at people's tailgating experiences? Is it that big of a problem to keep an eye out for possible issues while also stopping 19 year olds from banging in the parking lots, or throwing their friends through flaming tables.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I guess it all comes down to how you characterize "terrorism". Because as I said, I feel gang activity is a much larger issue in this country. I don't classify them as terrorism. Not even one teenie bit. I classify them as criminals. Drug dealers. Murderers. Gang members.

Regardless if my opinion is correct or not here, I classify terrorism (at least the kind im talking about) as Radical Islam. A war on freedom and western civilization as we know it.

Forget about the gangs for a minute...

Where do you classify the Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting? The Colorado Movie shooting? Sandy Hook? VA Tech? Binghamton 2009?

Mere "criminals"? Because that is 4 out of the 7 most deadliest public mass shootings in the 2000s.

Do they not count since they werent brown?

Edited by DrDareustein

Forget about the gangs for a minute...

Where do you classify the Colorado Planned Parenthood shooting? The Colorado Movie shooting? Sandy Hook? VA Tech? Binghamton 2009?

Mere "criminals"? Because that is 4 out of the 7 most deadliest public mass shootings in the 2000s.

Do they not count since they werent brown?

they were delusional psycho idiots with mental health problems. I do not consider these acts as terrorism.

But if we want to really get into the debate, and what the whole argument is all about... Armed policing of those locations could have stopped these attacks. Or at least minimized the tragic loss of life.

they were delusional psycho idiots with mental health problems. I do not consider these acts as terrorism.

But if we want to really get into the debate, and what the whole argument is all about... Armed policing of those locations could have stopped these attacks. Or at least minimized the tragic loss of life.

In other words, "because they arent brown". Ok then... :rolleyes:

And by "armed police" you mean like the 1 dead, and 4 injured in the Planned Parenthood shooting that didnt stop anything?

Edited by DrDareustein

Regardless if my opinion is correct or not here, I classify terrorism (at least the kind im talking about) as Radical Islam. A war on freedom and western civilization as we know it.

It's funny, at least to me, that in order to combat this invisible enemy who's waging war on "freedom and western civilization", our government's response has been to strip away all the constitutional freedoms and protections which made the west the west in exchange for security.

It's funny, at least to me, that in order to combat this invisible enemy who's waging war on "freedom and western civilization", our government's response has been to strip away all the constitutional freedoms and protections which made the west the west in exchange for security.

When you put it like that, its almost like you are saying the terrorists won and we fell right into their trap by playing their game!

In other words, "because they arent brown". Ok then... :rolleyes:

And by "armed police" you mean like the 1 dead, and 4 injured in the Planned Parenthood shooting that didnt stop anything?

or the 50 dead at Orlando. Or the 14 dead in San Bernadino, or the 12 in Aurora. No armed security.

I don't consider terrorism a racial issue. A white idiot can create terrorism. I consider terrorism as an act against our way of life. I consider Sandy Hook, Aurora, Columbine as idiots that couldn't function in society. They basically wanted to be different or wanted to be famous for what they did. They were not carried out in an act against government or freedom.

Meanwhile, Timothy McVeigh, the Boston Bombers, Orlando, and San Bernadino as crimes against religion, freedom, and a free way of life.

As far as the planned parenthood shooting, I don't know enough about it to comment.

i don't disagree with added security.

But no way in hell do I agree with it effecting individuals rights. There is a way to do both. For example, taking guns away from citizens is not the answer to help fight crime against criminals who generally obtain guns illegally.

And no, I'm not talking about every single instance. But I am talking about the "domestic terrorism" that others spoke of earlier. That I also agreed is a larger issue than global terrorism.

When you put it like that, its almost like you are saying the terrorists won and we fell right into their trap by playing their game!

unfortunately, we did. Well, the bleading hearts did. Or maybe the better way to say it is, the idiots did.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/22/orchard-park-board-discusses-proposal-for-police-access-to-private-parking-lots-on-game-days-at-stadium/

Bull ****, we all know the primary reason is that you don't want people destroying folding tables on youtube. It's pretty shameful that they would use the guise of terrorism to justify stopping people from breaking tables. No one was talking about this before a year ago. Let's go back a little bit and see what Mark Poloncarz had to say last season:

http://wivb.com/2016/01/04/county-officials-react-to-bills-fan-behavior/

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/06/22/orchard-park-board-discusses-proposal-for-police-access-to-private-parking-lots-on-game-days-at-stadium/

Bull ****, we all know the primary reason is that you don't want people destroying folding tables on youtube. It's pretty shameful that they would use the guise of terrorism to justify stopping people from breaking tables. No one was talking about this before a year ago. Let's go back a little bit and see what Mark Poloncarz had to say last season:

http://wivb.com/2016/01/04/county-officials-react-to-bills-fan-behavior/

But they would NEVER use the guise of terrorism to keep a person from owning a gun.........Sarcasm meter should be pinging right now.

I just want to say I've spent a lot of time in various public and private lots prior to Bills games and never once have I seen anybody thrown into a table. The craziest things I saw last year were a guy in a gorilla suit and two dudes running around, one giving the other a piggy back ride.

Whether it's a response to enemies either foreign or domestic, I think it's an overreaction.

unfortunately, we did. Well, the bleading hearts did. Or maybe the better way to say it is, the idiots did.

HAHAHAHA... dude... this is sad and hilarious.

I forgot about those bleeding hearts like Sensenbrenner, DeLay, Rumsfield, Cheney, and Bush that pushed that Patriot Act through... :rolleyes:

But as long as you have someone on the "opposite side" to blame and call names...

(hint: there are no opposite sides. in any of this. the closest post youve made to reality was when you started talking about the mentally unstable.)

HAHAHAHA... dude... this is sad and hilarious.

I forgot about those bleeding hearts like Sensenbrenner, DeLay, Rumsfield, Cheney, and Bush that pushed that Patriot Act through... :rolleyes:

But as long as you have someone on the "opposite side" to blame and call names...

(hint: there are no opposite sides. in any of this. the closest post youve made to reality was when you started talking about the mentally unstable.)

really? I just acknowledged your take on how stupid we have been as a whole in letting the terrorists win and your gonna go this route?

The only thing we actually disagree on is our opinions of what terrorism is. Where you consider crime by local gangs and other things as in the same boat as mass shootings by people on no fly lists.

Well, that and you may be a Hillary supporter.

really? I just acknowledged your take on how stupid we have been as a whole in letting the terrorists win and your gonna go this route?

The only thing we actually disagree on is our opinions of what terrorism is. Where you consider crime by local gangs and other things as in the same boat as mass shootings by people on no fly lists.

Well, that and you may be a Hillary supporter.

Name calling the "opposite side" so you can dismiss them again. And no Im not.

Once upon a time...

I was 7 years old at a private lot, where I saw a grown adult male laying on the ground choking on his vomit. I had to get another intoxicated fan to save him.

I helped save his life, a 7 year old.

I wonder if he sat on his nuts on the way down.

Name calling the "opposite side" so you can dismiss them again. And no Im not.

again. No name calling. I was simply stating my thoughts on your political backing. Apparently I was wrong. I Don't Know how I'll ever live with myself.

I would say that one's opinion of this is an ink blot test of your view of the police. If you think that the police are a nuisance at best and racial profiling, harassers at worst then you probably see this as another opportunity for them to shaft you. If you see the police as helping to maintain a calm, safe and family oriented environment then you are probably OK with them walking through your lot.

I would say that one's opinion of this is an ink blot test of your view of the police. If you think that the police are a nuisance at best and racial profiling, harassers at worst then you probably see this as another opportunity for them to shaft you. If you see the police as helping to maintain a calm, safe and family oriented environment then you are probably OK with them walking through your lot.

perfectly said. Another way is, if your not breaking the law and smoking blunts or doing other illegal activities, why should you care?

Yikes, I don't but is smoking blunts in 2016 in a parking lot anywhere is the USA considered

Terrorist activity's and subject to loss of constitutional rights? And a reason for just cause? keep us posted!

In California after the niners won their first SB. Mounted police were smoking joints with the niner faithful on Broadway. Too bad

The i- phone didn't exsist then so photo proof was available during this outstanding display of civil disobedience

decades ago.

Some drunk yokel shot himself in the parking lot last year, so... Yeah.

Did he Darwin himself or come in 2nd place?

Exactly. That is what airline flying has been all about.

Exactly.

perfectly said. Another way is, if your not breaking the law and smoking blunts or doing other illegal activities, why should you care?

Not that I'm expecting this at Bills games, but as we've seen, cops have killed for much less than that. Usually black people.

My view is a tad different.

My last cigarette was smoked 0n 10/15/15. Before that, I was addicted to tobacco for decades. I remember smoking was relegated to obscure areas of RWS. You couldn't even see the game on TV. Then, they banned it entirely. Some posters here loved it, and still do. I warned people back then that soon, something YOU like will be banned.

Some people want to, before a game, drink alcohol in a parking lot and maybe even smoke a joint. I don't smoke weed and it's been quite a while since I had a beer, but I can see how some people feel that there privacy is being invaded. Or, at least many feel hindered from doing that they choose to do.

When you think about it, it's hard to make a case for weed and booze in a parking lot, right? I suppose it was also hard to justify second hand smoke exposure, even in remote areas of an outdoor stadium. But, the government needs scapegoats and they want more revenue from taxes and fines.

If anyone hasn't noticed, your rights are slipping away, unless you belong to one of several protected interest groups.

Oh and btw, other than drivers, I don't care who smokes weed and drinks in parking lots at Bills games. I will still like you even if you dare smoke a cigarette. :) :) :)

PS: With Rex as the coach, I expect weed, alcohol and tobacco usage to rise.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Did I miss it, was Hammer too afraid to comment on this due to fear of governmental retaliation if he speaks up? It is his Constitutional rights that are being directly infringed on, and his customers indirectly. Interesting how everyone is so worried about the possibility of someone's 2nd amendment rights might somehow be infringed upon, and are so unconcerned that this action is a direct infringement of our protected 4th Amendment rights. Sadly the racism and prejudices of certain individuals here on this sports board are in full display. Do we have to give up more and more of our constitutionally protected rights just to attend a football game?

Maybe it's the black eye that Buffalo took for things like this;

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2015/12/07/bills-fans-caught-having-sex-in-the-parking-lot/

If I were the county I wouldn't have been too pleased about that. It's shameful behavior, people behaving like animals.

Did I miss it, was Hammer too afraid to comment on this due to fear of governmental retaliation if he speaks up? It is his Constitutional rights that are being directly infringed on, and his customers indirectly. Interesting how everyone is so worried about the possibility of someone's 2nd amendment rights might somehow be infringed upon, and are so unconcerned that this action is a direct infringement of our protected 4th Amendment rights. Sadly the racism and prejudices of certain individuals here on this sports board are in full display. Do we have to give up more and more of our constitutionally protected rights just to attend a football game?

what rights are being infringed upon by simply placing police officers in public places where there is a congregation of tens of thousands of people?

I'll continue to hold my stance that as long as I'm not doing anything illegal I won't be bothered. And that is what everyone is worried about. Maybe people shouldn't act like drunken idiots and they won't have an issue either.

I don't care as long as they let me drink my beer and smoke my bowls in peace.

+12

Once upon a time...

I was 7 years old at a private lot, where I saw a grown adult male laying on the ground choking on his vomit. I had to get another intoxicated fan to save him.

I helped save his life, a 7 year old.

Good times...good times ;-)

what rights are being infringed upon by simply placing police officers in public places where there is a congregation of tens of thousands of people?

I'll continue to hold my stance that as long as I'm not doing anything illegal I won't be bothered. And that is what everyone is worried about. Maybe people shouldn't act like drunken idiots and they won't have an issue either.

I generally agree with you, but the discussion is not about public places, is it? It's about private lots.

I guess the question boils down to "is it still a private lot after a permit has been granted to collect revenue from the public?"

I hope this thread doesn't go PPP.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

+12

Good times...good times ;-)

I generally agree with you, but the discussion is not about public places, is it? It's about private lots.

I guess the question boils down to "is it still a private lot after a permit has been granted to collect revenue from the public?"

still goes along with public intoxication or openly doing drugs. Or how about assault by table bomb. Public indecency. It's all public when people driving down the street can see you doing it. It's no different than if you were inside your own home, naked, with all your windows open for people to see you. You can still be arrested for public indecency.

The way I see it is ban all drugs and drinks for a 50 mile radius on game day. Problem solved. Police are our friends. Way do you want to keep them out of the areas we enjoy? I feel a lot safer with them around. Do you know how many plan clothes police are around the Ralph? You would be shocked. They really are there to protect us and not harass us. Live with it and love it.

First, I live in FL, so as much as I loved going throughout my first 23 years, I'm only there 1 game a year with my teenage sons once a year.

I don't see why police need to police these private lots. Yes, there are the videos, but they can certainly police these people as they exit the lots, they drive home, and so on. If you're a terrorist, and they have cause, they will enter your lot like anywhere else.

This is nothing but a rouge to tone down the partying. Again, I don't go to the games, and not a kid so not like I want to jump off trucks to break a folding table. That's silly. I just don't like the police using false pretense to have more influence than they should. If people have a DD, and are just having fun, let it go.

This is PR management. Nothing else. One last time, not a kid, not a drunk, not a partier, and want a safe environment. I just don't like overreaching either.

I can tell you in Tampa, open container is basically lifted here every week as people walk throughout the streets drinking left and right.

People hate Police, until they need them. People hate lawyers, until they need one. People hate CIA/NSA/TSA, until there is a terror attack they could have prevented had they not been ham strung by paranoid or thin skinned citizens. People hate realtors, almost always. I hate Genny Cream Ale.

No one ever hates EMTs. Odd, that they should make minimum wage for the responsibility they have.

To the matter at hand: citing terrorism for private lot patrols was not a great PR move. But, what does the OP do in private lots that he/she is so concerned about authority figures?

People hate Police, until they need them. People hate lawyers, until they need one. People hate CIA/NSA/TSA, until there is a terror attack they could have prevented had they not been ham strung by paranoid or thin skinned citizens. People hate realtors, almost always. I hate Genny Cream Ale.

No one ever hates EMTs. Odd, that they should make minimum wage for the responsibility they have.

To the matter at hand: citing terrorism for private lot patrols was not a great PR move. But, what does the OP do in private lots that he/she is so concerned about authority figures?

well said

Out of curiosity, how much does the permit cost?

Interesting question. I'm sure lot sizes vary. Do the fees change accordingly?

I'm fine if the police are nearby, and they don't overstep their power. Balance is always the key. Coming onto private property seems a bit much, but I really don't mind as long as they're not doing the "power cop jerk" thing.

I would say most people hate the police that are on such power trips that they have no problem killing who they wish to. I would like cops more if perhaps a few of them might be decent enough to say that the bad ones are indeed, bad. But that would take courage without a gun to help be courageous. And yes, If i need a cop, I will call, in the hopes that I don't get one that feels that they are judge , jury and executioner. And btw, I hate lawyers, even when I need one. I just plug my nose when dealing with them.

I guess you don't know me, simple. This regulation is for Private lots, I run Commerical lots which require a permit. The Private lots in my view should have to get a permit and follow the same regulations as the Commerical lots. The town of Orchard Park in April passed new regulations for Commerical lots, police access, restroom requirements ( which I always have exceeded) and increase in permit $ee (boo). I have NO problem with the police access as I have police on the property every game. The world we live in is changing not for the better. You can thank the table slammers and public sexers for getting these regulations inacted along with people who don't like us. I did speak at the town board meeting about these regulations. I have been speaking, giving a piece of my mind, at town board meeting since the early 70's, simple.