Police Shamelessly cite Terrorism in Patrolling Private Lots

Fingon

and one more point, because this could go on forever. I can see why some people run from cops, if i were in some others shoes, i'm not sure I would trust them enough to just sit there and wonder if this is the a-hole cop or not.

i can tell you that I was a trouble maker growing up. I had many run ins with cops. I can tell you if you treat them with respect they will usually do the same. Is that always the case? Of course not. But that doesn't mean you should run from cops. Resist arrest. Break the law and think you can get away with it.

I would like to see your response to the cops if you were being robbed btw. Or had something stolen from you. Or maybe someone was in the middle of assaulting you. Would you then gladly see the police?

come on, comment on it. that's why we're here. (OJ was 'not guilty' too)

In a perfect world. But in the Stadium case, I'm with you.

i won't comment because the officer was found not guilty of the things you said he was guilty of. End of story.

IMO OJ was not guilty. That doesn't make him a good person. He was a POS.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can tell you that I was a trouble maker growing up. I had many run ins with cops. I can tell you if you treat them with respect they will usually do the same. Is that always the case? Of course not. But that doesn't mean you should run from cops. Resist arrest. Break the law and think you can get away with it.

I would like to see your response to the cops if you were being robbed btw. Or had something stolen from you. Or maybe someone was in the middle of assaulting you. Would you then gladly see the police?

I would hope that the police act properly any time I or anyone else calls them. I would also like to see the good cops call out the bad cops, but they can't or won't, and that's a big part of the problem. I would have a lot more respect for them if they would do that.

I would hope that the police act properly any time I or anyone else calls them. I would also like to see the good cops call out the bad cops, but they can't or won't, and that's a big part of the problem. I would have a lot more respect for them if they would do that.

i didn't ask your opinion of good cops turning in bad cops. I asked if you would gladly accept a cops help in your time of need. Uou said you would and that makes you a hypocrite.

i didn't ask your opinion of good cops turning in bad cops. I asked if you would gladly accept a cops help in your time of need. Uou said you would and that makes you a hypocrite.

i pay taxes to fund the police force, they are civil servants, I would expect them to help me. I don't like most politicians, yet I still vote and have expectations that they will perform well. Not hypocritical at all.

all i can determine rags is he is cop hater.. especially cops that kill black people

hater may be a bit too strong, I think many of them are bad and need to go away.

i pay taxes to fund the police force, they are civil servants, I would expect them to help me. I don't like most politicians, yet I still vote and have expectations that they will perform well. Not hypocritical at all.

hater may be a bit too strong, I think many of them are bad and need to go away.

you already stated you think most cops are bad and you stay away from them at all costs. Except for when you need help. And that makes you a hypocrite.

And if you feel that cops are all bad and need to go. What do you think should happen next? Who is going to do the job? Are you going to pick up a weapon and protect the rest of us?

Edited by mrags

you already stated you think most cops are bad and you stay away from them at all costs. Except for when you need help. And that makes you a hypocrite.

think what you want, you don't seem to have a problem with cops killing people for whatever reason they see fit, that makes you much worse than anything you've called me.

think what you want, you don't seem to have a problem with cops killing people for whatever reason they see fit, that makes you much worse than anything you've called me.

haha. Way to put words into my mouth. No different than you assuming all cops are bad I suppose.

And if you feel that cops are all bad and need to go. What do you think should happen next? Who is going to do the job? Are you going to pick up a weapon and protect the rest of us?

i said the bad ones need to go, big difference.

haha. Way to put words into my mouth. No different than you assuming all cops are bad I suppose.

I didn't say that. You are the one putting words in my mouth. 2nd correction I had to make in your last 2 posts.

i said the bad ones need to go, big difference.

I didn't say that. You are the one putting words in my mouth. 2nd correction I had to make in your last 2 posts.

oh. So very sorry. You said MOST cops need to go.

"I think many of them are bad and need to go away."

Are you stupid?

I'm done. It's been a thin slice of heaven. Go Bills!

oh. So sorry again. Many cops are bad and need to go. As opposed to some? A few? A couple individuals?

Keep hating police. Its expected by the police and that's what helps them realize who the criminals are usually. Easy to tell someone who is up to no good.

seriously... What does the 5th amendment have to do with any of this?

It's not about your freedoms to do anything here as a fan going to games. It's security throughout the area during a mass congregation of people. One that terrorists and other criminals thrive on.

You want to have fun at the games and tailgates? What does a police officer standing 100ft away have anything to do with effecting that? Are you breaking laws? Well... Maybe you shouldn't be.

Honestly, I bet if Hammer had first hand knowledge of someone doing drugs or breaking other laws in his lot he would have no problem throwing them out. Maybe Hammmer can chime in here too.

some people live in their perfect little world where no bad things happen ever. Unless you live in Queens, Brooklyn, Chicago, Watts, or Long Beach.

They all know too well, they watched Boyz N The Hood and Juice you know.

The fact that the local government is in effect black-mailing the landowner into allowing the police unfettered access to private property and effectively treating it as public property is in fact a seizure of private property for public use. It allows the police the legal ability to perform searches of the property without a warrant. You understand that under the agreement signed by the landowner the local agencies don't need a warrant to search your property while you are visiting the lot. I don't ague that Hammer has every right to expel people from his property, he simply has to refund their money and tell them to leave.

"Consider that since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Americans have been no more likely to die at the hands of terrorists than being crushed to death by unstable televisions and furniture. You are 55 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist. You’re Much More Likely to Be Killed By Brain-Eating Parasites, Texting While Driving, Toddlers, Lightning, Falling Out of Bed, Alcoholism, Food Poisoning, Choking On Food, a Financial Crash, Obesity, Medical Errors or “Autoerotic Asphyxiation” than by Terrorists."

Fear of foreign inspired terrorism is a tool used by politicians to manipulate the weak minded to support them. I am much more concerned about drunken drivers killing me after the game than I am about being killed by a terrorist during the game. I have no problem with drunk driving patrols, searching individuals for weapons when entering the stadium, checking vehicles directly adjacent to the stadium for explosives. But extending that to remote private property is not acceptable.

Edited by simpleman

why the name calling? no civility?

just tryin to make sense out of some things being said

he seems to be deliberately misquoting me , in a very negative way, I don't appreciate it. My posts are here to see, no need to embellish to make your point.

The fact that the local government is in effect black-mailing the landowner into allowing the police unfettered access to private property and effectively treating it as public property is in fact a seizure of private property for public use. It allows the police the legal ability to perform searches of the property without a warrant. You understand that under the agreement signed by the landowner the local agencies don't neeawarrant to search your property while you are visiting the lot. I don't ague that Hammer has every right to expel people from his property, he simply has to refund their money and tell them to leave.

"Consider that since the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, Americans have been no more likely to die at the hands of terrorists than being crushed to death by unstable televisions and furniture. You are 55 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist. Youre Much More Likely to Be Killed By Brain-Eating Parasites, Texting While Driving, Toddlers, Lightning, Falling Out of Bed, Alcoholism, Food Poisoning, Choking On Food, a Financial Crash, Obesity, Medical Errors or Autoerotic Asphyxiation than by Terrorists."

Fear of foreign inspired terrorism is a tool used by politicians to manipulate the weak minded to support them. I am much more concerned about drunken drivers killing me after the game than I am about being killed by a terrorist during the game. I have no problem with drunk driving patrols, searching individuals for weapons when entering the stadium, checking vehicles directly adjacent to the stadium for explosives. But extending that to remote private property is not acceptable.

well, you say private party and the town sees it as public considering you have to pay for a liscense. And that doesn't negate the fact that what is viewable from the street is off the table as well. As I said before, you could be in your own home and naked in the window for people to see and you could be arrested for public indecency. It's no different if you had an argument with someone in your own home and the neighbors called the police for excessive noise complaints. The police have every right to investigate the complaint.

Again, it doesn't mean that people won't be able to have fun. Drink. Enjoy time with friends. But public intoxication is an issue, screwing in parking lots is illegal, drug usage is illegal.

Honestly, the biggest thing we should be asking is... Are other stadiums in the league doing the same thing in the name of security? Do other stadiums in the league even have private lots to worry about? I've been to Pittsburgh before the new stadium, San Diego, Oakland, and San Francisco and I can tell you that none of them had private lots for people to get stupid in.