Former Bills to Open High End Steakhouse in Buffalo

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Buffalo already has the Buffalo Chophouse. Does it really need another high end steakhouse?

Nonetheless, it's cool to see ex-Bills - especially Fred - investing in the city!

“It’s not so much investing in a steakhouse as it is investing in a community we believe in, that we have a lot of love for,” said Moorman.

“Buffalo’s not just a place I plan on forgetting about,” said Jackson. “It means more to me than just a place I played football. It’s a place my family will always consider home.”

Edited by hondo in seattle

Jackson lives in Buffalo with his family during the off-season. He finished the 2015 season with the Seattle Seahawks, and is now a free agent. “We wanted a nice place that anyone could go to, have a nice steak and a good time doing it,” he said.

I think he left out a few words: “We wanted a nice place that anyone who could afford to buy a box at the stadium could go to, have a nice steak and a good time doing it,” he said.

well this turned out nicely.

Wishing them well on a local business venture. It really is a nice tradition to have Athletes transition into the business/ social environment of the "hometown "

I like it .

I know Buffalo already has the Buffalo Chophouse. Does it really need another high end steakhouse?

Nonetheless, it's cool to see ex-Bills - especially Fred - investing in the city!

Its not so much investing in a steakhouse as it is investing in a community we believe in, that we have a lot of love for, said Moorman.

Buffalos not just a place I plan on forgetting about, said Jackson. It means more to me than just a place I played football. Its a place my family will always consider home.

I would hope The entire city of Buffalo could support more than 1 steak house?!

And you wonder why most ex-athletes go broke after 5 years.

I don't know, they have a pretty strong group. The restaurateur has a following and they have the right people involved. This isn't a kitchen being run by someone's cousin. The have the guy from Oliver's involved.

I would hope The entire city of Buffalo could support more than 1 steak house?!

For the sake of these guys, I hope you're right.

I'm in the restaurant business and would worry about opening a high end steakhouse in a smaller, blue collar city that already has one.

How many people in Buffalo want to buy $50 to $100 steaks and how often?

I do like though that their concept sounds different than Buffalo Chophouse.

Sooo, how much are we talking? I know, plenty of variables...But on average, how much per plate? If I have to ask.... Probably too much for me. Maybe on a really special occasion.

If I had to guess I would say that the steaks are in the $40's. For a couple, with a decent bottle of wine, apps, dinner, sides and tip you are probably looking at $250. That seems to be the going rate.

Sooo, how much are we talking? I know, plenty of variables...But on average, how much per plate? If I have to ask.... Probably too much for me. Maybe on a really special occasion.

Someone told me she once saw Fred at El Gaucho in Seattle (actually the one in Bellevue). That might be one of the nice steakhouse Fred's referring to. The most expensive steak there is $129. They have other steaks for $50-75 but those don't include sides.

Real estate and labor rates are cheaper in Buffalo so the prices for a comparable meal in Buffalo should be less.

Overpriced? I'm not convinced. A really good steak tastes like heaven.

I'm in the restaurant business and would worry about opening a high end steakhouse in a smaller, blue collar city that already has one.

Before the Chophouse there was EB Green's

If I had to guess I would say that the steaks are in the $40's. For a couple, with a decent bottle of wine, apps, dinner, sides and tip you are probably looking at $250. That seems to be the going rate.

Kirby drinks the Barolos ? Baller !

Can get out of nice steakhouses in VA for 160.00 w manhattans > wine.

I don't know, they have a pretty strong group. The restaurateur has a following and they have the right people involved. This isn't a kitchen being run by someone's cousin. The have the guy from Oliver's involved.

Thank you.

They're the fronts for a professionally ran establishment. Sure they're tossing cash in, but cousin Billy won't be driving up a tab at the bar.

Stayed at the Embassy there late April and one of the employees told us about the restaurant. I was happy to hear Fred and Moorman were involved but surprised about McGee. Should be a nice place.

Was there last week and saw the signage/construction going on. High hopes here, great hotel.

farm to table. Directly to customers. I refuse to sell to middlemen. They mess up the process and take away from the authenticity of grass fed natural beef

So the cows can still end up at a steakhouse?

You guys do know Rob Ryan is on the coaching staff now, right?

I mean, it's possible. The customer would have to take it to a steakhouse but it's unlikely

I've taken my own freshly caught fish to be prepared in a restaurant, but I've never taken my own cow. That sounds like a lot of leftovers. :)

Except maybe for the Ryan brothers....

Kirby drinks the Barolos ? Baller !

Can get out of nice steakhouses in VA for 160.00 w manhattans > wine.

I am using my New Orleans comps. My fiancé and I did it last week at one of the top couple of steakhouses here and that's what it was. It usually translates price wise to Buffalo. It's about $125 a head (including tip).

.[/size][/font][/color][/b]

Simple answer is - No.

I am biased because I personally find high end steakhouses to be boring. They are all pretty much the same tired cookie cutter concept and menu. Who cares?