ESPN 30 for 30 on Cleveland sports - updated ending to air

"Believeland" sounds a lot like the Four Falls of Buffalo, but focuses on the failures of the Cleveland professional teams. Though I'm but a real fan of any of the Cleveland teams, I think this will be another great 30 for 30 film. Like buffalo fans with "Four Falls," many Cleveland fans are questioning why they should put themselves through the pain of watching this when they "lived it." Because these films find a way to make you proud of something that never was. Here's a review.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio/2016/05/70542/believeland-not-another-pity-party

Edited by YoloinOhio

"Believeland" sounds a lot like the Four Falls of Buffalo, but focuses on the failures of the Cleveland professional teams. Though I'm but a real fan of any of the Cleveland teams, I think this will be another great 30 for 30 film. Like buffalo fans with "Four Falls," many Cleveland fans are questioning why they should put themselves through the pain of watching this when they "lived it." Because these films find a way to make you proud of something that never was. Here's a review.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio/2016/05/70542/believeland-not-another-pity-party

They seem to be hitting that theme a lot lately. "This Magic Moment" is another, and as a Bills and Magic fan it is getting a little depressing...but still worth watching. I'm actually looking forward to this one; need to revel in someone else's misery for once!!

I feel like it would be worse to be a Browns fan than a Bills fan. Yeah, their playoff drought is a few years younger than ours but at least we had the 90s. They have basically sucked since the Reagan years and there's no sign that this will change any time soon. How painful it will be for them if Wentz turns out to be a legend.

They are through Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble and '95 and '97 World Series and the worst has yet to come. Poor Cleveland. I understand.

:cry:

i don't. their cockswagger attitudes which they still have. the way they walk as world beaters. the way they rub it in everyone that the browns are going to be tough. that hte browns are not scared of the steelers or ravens. that the indians are still one of the most followed teams. etc etc etc.

i don't. their cockswagger attitudes which they still have. the way they walk as world beaters. the way they rub it in everyone that the browns are going to be tough. that hte browns are not scared of the steelers or ravens. that the indians are still one of the most followed teams. etc etc etc.

lord ,you are one bitter person.

Just finished watching, thought it was great.

I can't wait to see the Cavs lose again in the Finals this year. What a bitter b*tch Lebron has become. Jealous of Curry winning the MVP trophy. He's peaked and hopefully he'll never win another Championship again.

All of the above is true, but honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Lebron win it all for the city of Cleveland.

All of the above is true, but honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Lebron win it all for the city of Cleveland.

I'm not really a Cavs fan, but if they make it to the finals I do hope they win. I can sympathize with the fans of the Cleveland sports teams, even though I'm not a fan of those teams. I hope their day comes and I obviously hope our day comes! Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not really a Cavs fan, but if they make it to the finals I do hope they win. I can sympathize with the fans of the Cleveland sports teams, even though I'm not a fan of those teams. I hope their day comes and I obviously hope our day comes!

I was like that when Lebron went back to the Cavs, but after the sub tweets and coaching drama I'm back to the understanding that he is a dope. I hope Steph sticks that MVP trophy down their throats, if it's OKC no way I can go against Durant/Westbrook.

I thought that we would all be on the same page on this? As a Buffalo sports fan I find it nearly impossible to not route for the Cavs. When LeBron came back it was a certain sort of validation to the rust belt. It sort of put places like us on equal grounds with the Miam's of the world.

The people of Cleveland have had many of the same struggles in both sports and the economy. The people have a similar passion and love for where they come from. My sister has been there 20 years and my brother-in-law is born and raised. He's just like us. He can't sit down during the playoffs, he loves his teams and just wants one. They've been blessed with the Buckeyes but if a title ever came to Cleveland it would be one hell of a party. I wish them nothing but the best.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I totally would root for Cleveland in any sport, except perhaps football. But just as long as Buffalo wins it all first.

Does that make me a bad person?

I totally would root for Cleveland in any sport, except perhaps football. But just as long as Buffalo wins it all first.

Does that make me a bad person?

Nope, but too late

Stipe Miocic: I Wanted to End Cleveland Sports Curse at UFC 198

“I wanted to put an end to the curse,” Miocic said at the post-fight press conference, referencing the unfathomable bad fortune Cleveland has had in sports dating back to the Korean War. “I just wanted to go in there and do my job. I didn’t carry the weight of Cleveland on my shoulders but I did want to end the curse.”

Miocic, who revealed at the presser that he will remain a fireman in his home city for the foreseeable future, said he isn’t worried about the suspected curse that the UFC’s heavyweight division has been maligned with. Dating back to when Brock Lesnar was the champ, whoever has held the title has been swamped in injuries and inactivity. Miocic scoffed at such a notion.

“I train too hard for that to happen,” he said. “I want to keep this belt for a long time. Cleveland has a curse with their sports teams but I will keep this for a while.”

Read more at http://www.sherdog.c...EIdmY0bficEA.99

Factory of Sadness

Sounds like an Emo band

I feel like it would be worse to be a Browns fan than a Bills fan. Yeah, their playoff drought is a few years younger than ours but at least we had the 90s. They have basically sucked since the Reagan years and there's no sign that this will change any time soon. How painful it will be for them if Wentz turns out to be a legend.

It will be very painful

They are through Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble and '95 and '97 World Series and the worst has yet to come. Poor Cleveland. I understand.

:cry:

Plus their team left to become the Ravens and have won two superbowls. Could you imagine if the Bills left and did this: :death::death::death::death::death:

I can't wait to see the Cavs lose again in the Finals this year. What a bitter b*tch Lebron has become. Jealous of Curry winning the MVP trophy. He's peaked and hopefully he'll never win another Championship again.

I'm not a Lebron fan but hope he wins one for Cleveland but don't care if he wins one.

I thought that we would all be on the same page on this? As a Buffalo sports fan I find it nearly impossible to not route for the Cavs. When LeBron came back it was gave a certain sort of validation to the rust belt. It sort of put places like us on equal grounds with the Miam's of the world.

The people of Cleveland have had many of the same struggles in both sports and the economy. The people have a similar passion and love for where they come from. My sister has been there 20 years and my brother-in-law is born and raised. He's just like us. He can't sit down during the playoffs, he loves his teams and just wants one. They've been blessed with the Buckeyes but if a title ever came to Cleveland it would be one hell of a party. I wish them nothing but the best.

We don't need him for this. I think the Pegulas fulfill this with their investment in Downtown and the sports teams

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Imagine if Ralph Wilson moved the team after continuing to say he wouldn't .. And then that team drafted one of the best players of all time And won the SB a few years later after you went through years of getting close but not winning..

Then Imagine if Tom Brady grew up in say Jamestown, was a total phenom, we drafted him #1 overall, he became one of the best to ever play the sport, we got to the cusp a few times but never won the SB, and then after his rookie deal was up even though he could have made *more money* staying he left to go to Miami (but we didn't find out until he announced on national tv) ... Then he proceeds to win two SBs with Miami while our team is the worst in the league.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I thought that we would all be on the same page on this? As a Buffalo sports fan I find it nearly impossible to not route for the Cavs. When LeBron came back it was gave a certain sort of validation to the rust belt. It sort of put places like us on equal grounds with the Miam's of the world.

Schadenfreude?

I'm with you KJ. I feel for these guys as they keep suffering without anything to root for in their sports community. I'm not even a basketball but hope the Cavs can do it.

I also hope over three years they build back to being competitive. This year will be tough, but if they take the Jags approach like Khan, they can build a winner in time. Hugh if given some freakin time can probably build a winner.

"Believeland" sounds a lot like the Four Falls of Buffalo, but focuses on the failures of the Cleveland professional teams. Though I'm but a real fan of any of the Cleveland teams, I think this will be another great 30 for 30 film. Like buffalo fans with "Four Falls," many Cleveland fans are questioning why they should put themselves through the pain of watching this when they "lived it." Because these films find a way to make you proud of something that never was. Here's a review. http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio/2016/05/70542/believeland-not-another-pity-party

Disgusting... I absolutely hate Cleveland and the Browns. They always piggyback the Bills.

Imagine if Ralph Wilson moved the team after continuing to say he wouldn't .. And then that team drafted one of the best players of all time And won the SB a few years later after you went through years of getting close but not winning..

Then Imagine if Tom Brady grew up in say Jamestown, was a total phenom, we drafted him #1 overall, he became one of the best to ever play the sport, we got to the cusp a few times but never won the SB, and then after his rookie deal was up even though he could have made *more money* staying he left to go to Miami (but we didn't find out until he announced on national tv) ... Then he proceeds to win two SBs with Miami while our team is the worst in the league.

now I hate Lebron even more, thanx yolo .... :D

I hope Lebron and the Cavs win it this year. Why? Not because I feel sorry for Cleveland, but because if Lebron wins, he call tell Cleveland, I got you a championship now I'm going to the Knicks to help them win one.

Can't root for Cleveland anything. If they win a championship then we are left at the bottom of the barrel as the worst sports city in america

Good point. I may have to reconsider what I wrote

As a clevelander, the 90's Indians double the pain I also felt for the Bill's. I'm a passionate tribe fan. I was also a huge fan of the early 90's cavs teams. I've grown away from basketball, and more toward hockey (Sabres), LeBron's performance in the finals last year was the most impressive individual performance I've EVER seen in 30 years of being a sports fan. It was him, and playground level talent, and they had a 2-1 lead in that series at one point. Against that GS team was heroic.

Watched this yesterday... Not gonna lie, I really empathize with Cleveland fans. I got a little teared up at parts. Sad, sad Cleveland. If I had to choose a second favorite team, it'd be the Browns. Anyone remember, when they didn't have a team, the Bills had a Browns Fan Appreciation Day? There were just a bunch of random Browns fans getting wasted in the stands.

it was tough to see Byner in tears recalling how he felt he let down the city and the fan base...it was a very well done 30 for 30, and hell I haven't even seen the 4 Falls yet...

Watched this yesterday... Not gonna lie, I really empathize with Cleveland fans. I got a little teared up at parts. Sad, sad Cleveland. If I had to choose a second favorite team, it'd be the Browns. Anyone remember, when they didn't have a team, the Bills had a Browns Fan Appreciation Day? There were just a bunch of random Browns fans getting wasted in the stands.

I'd be perfectly fine to never see a Cleveland team win a title. Their fans are the worst, no one cares as much as them and no one else has had heartbreaking losses. If only one of their teams broke through to win a sports championship it would suddenly be 20 degrees warmer in the winter and the steel industry would open up all the boarded up factories. I know plenty of people who "love Cleveland" and moved away as soon as they could.

I thought it was a bad 30 for 30. The beauty of the 30 for 30 series is deep diving on one game / one team during a particular period of time. Trying to talk about 50 years of a cities history and sports teams in 90 minutes along with the ending just left it feeling like an ESPN Infomercial for Lebron James and the NBA playoffs.

I did think it was kind of depressing and left a lot out. I also wonder if the kid fan ever finished that burger. Seemed like he kept wanting to eat but then Dad would start talking and he felt like he had to nod his head in agreement.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I did think it was kind of depressing and left a lot out. I also wonder if the kid fan ever finished that burger. Seemed like he kept wanting to eat but then Dad would start talking and he felt like he had to nod his head in agreement.

Another guy who "Loves Cleveland" but doesn't live there....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...