It's Official: Beast Mode is Done

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, bitter?

The guy was a great back. Unfortunately he got into some trouble in Buffalo and the Bills felt they had no choice but to ship him.... For a 4th rounder, a typical third rate move by Marv/Levy during their GM tenures.

Great Back??????? really!!!!!!

This guy was finished a year ago and failed to tell the Seahawks.

Levy did more for the Bills than this ego nut job did, Levy is man with integrity, something Lynch cannot even spell.

Lol, bitter?

The guy was a great back. Unfortunately he got into some trouble in Buffalo and the Bills felt they had no choice but to ship him.... For a 4th rounder, a typical third rate move by Marv/Levy during their GM tenures.

No. Bitterness means I actually thought he was a good back but we lost him. I never thought he was a good back. His accolades are a product of media hype and Seattle never having won **** in the history of their franchise.

One of the most over rated backs in NFL history. The main attraction to Lynch was his "off kilter" personality with a few decent runs mixed in. Good luck Least Mode.

They're going to retire his number in Seattle and here on the West Coast they're talking HOF for him.

Lol, bitter?

Actually, it was the Buddy/Nix tandem that dealt him. After Chan/Gailey lobbied so hard for a water/bug, we had a very crowded back/field. The dynamic duo of Buddy and Nix made the deal to feature CJ/Spiller especially after Freddy/Jackson outperformed Beef Mo'.

Actually, it was the Buddy/Nix tandem that dealt him. After Chan/Gailey lobbied so hard for a water/bug, we had a very crowded back/field. The dynamic duo of Buddy and Nix made the deal to feature CJ/Spiller especially after Freddy/Jackson outperformed Beef Mo'.

It's all good. I swiped a $20 off his table in Oakland & gave it back to the Buffalo/Chippewa woman who he swiped it from originally. lol, bye bye Beastmode

No. Bitterness means I actually thought he was a good back but we lost him. I never thought he was a good back. His accolades are a product of media hype and Seattle never having won **** in the history of their franchise.

Back to back to back to back seasons over 1200 yards rushing with two other 1000 yard rushings mixed in. CAREER average of 4.2 yards per carry with 74 TDs. Add in 252 receptions with a 7.9 yard average. Rushed for over 100 yards in nearly a quarter of the games he played. But yea...the media did all of that for him.

Back to back to back to back seasons over 1200 yards rushing with two other 1000 yard rushings mixed in. CAREER average of 4.2 yards per carry with 74 TDs. Add in 252 receptions with a 7.9 yard average. Rushed for over 100 yards in nearly a quarter of the games he played. But yea...the media did all of that for him.

Nice stats but he's no HOFer.

Agree. The response was to a post stating he was never a "good" back and that all of his accolades are a product of media hype, to which I strongly disagree.

So Chris Johnson will be in the Hall of Fame?? His stats are better than Least Mode. Good to know.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chrisjohnson/262/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/chrisjohnson/262/careerstats

Please show me where I ever said or indicated I thought Lynch would be in the HOF.

Well then we have a different understanding of the meaning of "good" or "great". I think good and great RB's are worthy of the Hall of Fame...whereas, RB's who do their job and have 1000 yd seasons behind a massive O line get to ride off into the sunset and play X Box for their "retirement". Also, why is it such a monumental announcement that Least Mode is retiring (waiting) ....because his legacy is media driven.

They didn't force him into his hit and run in Buffalo, that's for sure, nor did they cause him to get a DWI in Seattle. I guess you could say that they are to blame for his suggesting his team move to Toronto, but that's debatable.

Well then we have a different understanding of the meaning of "good" or "great". I think good and great RB's are worthy of the Hall of Fame...whereas, RB's who do their job and have 1000 yd seasons behind a massive O line get to ride off into the sunset and play X Box for their "retirement". Also, why is it such a monumental announcement that Least Mode is retiring (waiting) ....because his legacy is media driven.

So all "good" players are in/worthy of the HOF? Your standards for good must be higher than most.

Marshawn walked past me at an event at the Century Link Event Center in Seattle today, minutes before I got the text saying he was officially retired.

I considered saying, "Go Bills!" but he looked both unhappy and in a hurry.

He had an entourage of maybe 5 or 6 guys dressed in business casual with a couple cops trailing.

You were first to argue my use of the word "good" so I opted to remain consistent. So yes, Least Mode had "good stats" but was a standard RB. How's that? :)

Least mode lol. Pretty big piece of a pretty good team, and a team that his a ring. I wonder if Russel thinks Marshawn is overrated.

Nice stats but he's no HOFer.

Of course he's a Hall of Famer.

Marshawn played for about as long as any running back in the NFL should be playing and likely will be playing going forward considering the injuries players of that position suffer (especially to the head). He will absolutely be in Canton.

Marshawn played for about as long as any running back in the NFL should be playing and likely will be playing going forward considering the injuries players of that position suffer (especially to the head). He will absolutely be in Canton.

And so now the bar is lowered. Tashard Choice is licking his chops to get his gold jacket.

The media who are part of the HOF committee will hold his "I'm just here so I won't get fined" lack of cooperation against him.

Great Back??????? really!!!!!!

This guy was finished a year ago and failed to tell the Seahawks.

Levy did more for the Bills than this ego nut job did, Levy is man with integrity, something Lynch cannot even spell.

yeah really. and we traded him in his prime for a box of tape. is this even controversial?

Quality over quantity.

Nahhhh, based on your standards, if you do your job in a mediocre fashion (but with a "chip on your shoulder" type persona), you get a call from Canton or at least media hounds asking for an interview because you are so "distant and misunderstood". He's a walking sideshow and the quicker people see through the rough exterior, the quicker we'll see his legend collapse.

One of the most over rated backs in NFL history. The main attraction to Lynch was his "off kilter" personality with a few decent runs mixed in. Good luck Least Mode.

Them grapes got some pucker-power, eh?

I would have loved to have Marshawn's 2011-2014 seasons with 1200, 1590, 1257, and 1306 yds rushing, 6 years in SEA at 4.4 ypc - in 2012 5 ypc. Tuck in 200-300 receiving yards and very low fumbles per touch and yeah, he can have whatever kind of personality he likes. "Money" Lynch.

Then sorry, in a football sense you're just being silly. He was not mediocre, and he was good, with occasional flashes of greatness. And no, "good" does not mean "HOF" or "great", it means "good". Talented, productive player over a significant stretch of games; difference maker in the post-season. 6 years, >6000 yds in Seattle.