UDFA Thread

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.....the best crop of UDFA's they've had since Donahoe.

And made possible by a lot of teams drafting, and subsequently reaching, for need.

Striker is a lottery ticket.....especially for a team that likes to bring smaller players on the blitz.....he's pass rush ready.

Wasn't it Whaley who scoffed at the problems Kouandjio had in pass blocking against Striker?

Something like "there aren't any 210 pound pass rushers in the NFL so Cyrus should be fine". :doh:

If you can't beat em'.

And no way Zimmer should have gone undrafted in essentially 8 rounds.

It was surprising to see as many teams drafting blatantly for immediate need as much as they did this year and that left a few more surprising UDFA's than there should have been based on talent.

The DT class was so deep this year......and the league was already well stocked with monster DT's.......I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of reaching for guard prospects in coming drafts.

If the Bills can free up some money I'd really like to see them make a run at Jahri Evans for this season......not feeling the talent level of John Miller in this NFL.

Solid insights.

Striker is on Kirwan's list:

@PatKirwanCBS

Podcast: Undrafted Free Agents: http://bit.ly/1rKKzOS

Josh Ferguson, guy can catch. come out of the backfield & help you w/ return game

Kiran is a guy who knows his shizit....."it's embarrassing Striker was not drafted.....and is a guy with high character." He goes on to say Striker will become a ST captain. The only thing I find arguable is Kiran's assertion that Striker will become a starting ILB before his career is over; at 6', 218lb? not so sure about that unless he adds mass.

Kiran is a guy who knows his shizit....."it's embarrassing Striker was not drafted.....and is a guy with high character." He goes on to say Striker will become a ST captain. The only thing I find arguable is Kiran's assertion that Striker will become a starting ILB before his career is over; at 6', 218lb? not so sure about that unless he adds mass.

how does Striker compare to Jatavis Brown from Akron? He was drafted by the chargers. He's smaller than Striker. I was thinking he would only play ST but they are acting like he will play LB in certain packages. They also run a 3-4. Just curious.

Anyone have intel on this kid?

145 Ben Braunecker TE 6 Harvard Sr 6-3 250 4-5

He put up Gronk like #s in college and a near genius IQ.

I don't know anything about what kickers are out there, but hopefully we bring a couple in.

The kicker we signed from Georgia has a monster leg and I would love to see him make the team so we do not need 2 kickers like normal teams

Yeah, this weekend is gonna burn in his belly for a long time. Let's see what he does with that fire. Only good can come of this.

Just watched. I will keep an eye on him and root him on !!

People expect Miller to play like a third rounder but he was a significant reach then, IMO.

He was a fifth to sixth round kinda' talent and based on that and his struggles last year it's going to be a blessing if he somehow becomes a solid starter.

I won't miss Urbik but he was a better talent entering the league than Miller, IMO, but age and cap number rightfully dictated his release.

I'd be OK with the Bills RT options if they had Evans in there but I suspect Evans will probably go the Brandon Moore route and retire if he doesn't get a good contract offer.

That certainly crushed his draft stock so now he will have to earn it.

I'm not breaking any news when I say that players with very slow 40 times for their position have become good and even great players.

Also, linebackers don't have many plays where they have to run 40 yards. It's more reading the play, reacting and tackling.

Anyone remember Sam Mills? 5' 9" 232.

His speed, surprising for a man of his size, earned him the nickname "Field Mouse." Mills led the Stars to two USFL championships, was named to three All-USFL teams and is a member of the USFL’s All-Time Team. He has been described as arguably the best defensive player (along with Reggie White) in the short history of the league...

....led a ferocious Saints defense in the early 1990s. Mills earned fourPro Bowl appearances with the Saints in 1987, 1988, 1991, and 1992. Mora, who coached 15 seasons in the NFL, called Mills "The best player I ever coached...

....Mills played 12 seasons in the NFL and recorded 1,319 tackles, 20.5 sacks, 11 interceptions and four touchdowns while starting 173 of 181 games. Mills was named to the NFL All-Pro team three times, in 1991, 1992, and 1996.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

By the way, UB's OT John Kling (from Depew) was signed by the Bears

UB is not Ohio State but it's worth noting how each year one or more players get invited to NFL camps. The program is slowly improving.

Striker is a hell of a grab. Honestly I can't believe it.

I love his intensity and his speed to the ball jumps off tape. He will make this team even if only for special teams to start. He could see the field in passing situations. I think a lot of these guys have an opportunity to bulk up a bit too. You aren't going to school so you have more time to eat and get with a nutritionist and eat the right stuff and hit the gym. If he got up to 230+ he could play the weak side LB and Ragland can take over for Preston Brown running the D like his hero Ray Lewis which is what I see eventually happening anyhow

I love his intensity and his speed to the ball jumps off tape. He will make this team even if only for special teams to start. He could see the field in passing situations. I think a lot of these guys have an opportunity to bulk up a bit too. You aren't going to school so you have more time to eat and get with a nutritionist and eat the right stuff and hit the gym. If he got up to 230+ he could play the weak side LB and Ragland can take over for Preston Brown running the D like his hero Ray Lewis which is what I see eventually happening anyhow

He sounds a lot like London Fletcher, who also went undrafted...

UB is not Ohio State but it's worth noting how each year one or more players get invited to NFL camps. The program is slowly improving.

Was rooting around and was surprised to see there's seven UB players on NFL rosters: Mack, Starks, Oliver, CB Josh Thomas (Dallas), DE Steven Means (Balt), P Jack Schum (NYJ), OL Kristjian Sokoli (Sea)

When I was there I don't think any UB player had ever been drafted, but they were just in the process of moving to Division I.