The Jets are trying the experiment

Two 2nds and a 4th in 4 years isn't it? That is a reasonable attitude for me. I am not one of the "take a QB in the 1st every year" crowd but the kind of investment the Jets are making? I like that. Don't like the guys they have picked though. Never liked Geno or Petty and Hackenburg might just be too much of a project to fix at this stage.

Sounds good, so long as they have leadership that won't bow to the fan pressure of the unknown QB to what they see on the field. That's my problem with us doing that. Say we pick Connor Cook, how long before fans become a disruptive force of yelling for the "potential" of Cook becomes too much for Management to let Tyrod do his thing?

"If you listen to the fans, you'll be sitting with them"

Also I don't like their picks on QBs.

The Cheaters have been doing the same thing since they got lucky with Brady. Their only success was 7th rounder Cassel, who they got a 2nd for from their former GM Scott Pioli when he went to KC, but since then nada. Mallett was a 3rd rounder who was traded for a 7th, Garropppollloo will likely get them nothing when he leaves after his rookie contract, and they just drafted Brissett in the 3rd round.

The entire history of the Jets is one bad QB pick after another. It's really bizarre

Come on, I don't like the Jets at all and I am a blind loyalist for the most part, but neither have he Bills. Besides Jimbo who else?...I am sure there were some guys from the 50's and 60's and maybe Ferguson?

The Jets are all in on selecting garbage prospects until one of them works out. I'm okay with this.

Geno appears to suck, but we have no idea whether Petty or Hack can play. It's a little early to be making fun of the Jets' QB selections. Glass houses and all . . .

Word is that Petty is a Not For Long prospect. The concern with him was he couldn't read a defense, and he didn't do enough in year one to convince the Jets any different.

It would appear to be the case if they're taking Hackenburg in the second.

Come on, I don't like the Jets at all and I am a blind loyalist for the most part, but neither have he Bills. Besides Jimbo who else?...I am sure there were some guys from the 50's and 60's and maybe Ferguson?

Exactly. Looking at early round picks,in their history, the Jets have drafted:

- one HOF QB (Namath)

- two very good NFL QBs while they lasted (O'Brien, Pennington)

- one decent longer term starter (Todd)

- one mediocre QB straddling between starter and backup (Sanchez)

- two busts (Kellen Clemens and Geno Smith, both 2nd rounders)

- two "too soon to tells" (Petty, Hackenburg)

The Bills?

- one HOFer

- one very good medium-term starter (Lamonica, although not as a Bills QB)

- one decent long-term starter (Ferguson)

- one very good long-term backup (Reich)

- four busts (Shaw, a 2nd rounder; Losman, a 1st rounder; Edwards, a 3rd rounder; Manuel, a 1st rounder)

(Did I miss anyone? James Harris was an 8th round pick success story, but, of course, not as a Bill)

EDIT: Lamonica was a 12th rounder, so he fits in the James Harris category -- not a high-round pick

Somewhere some Jets fan is saying, "The entire history of the Bills is one bad QB pick after another."

Edited by The Frankish Reich

- one HOF QB (Namath)

The Bills?

- one HOFer

- four busts (Shaw, a 2nd rounder; Losman, a 1st rounder; Edwards, a 3rd rounder; Manuel, a 1st rounder)

(Did I miss anyone? James Harris was an 8th round pick success story, but, of course, not as a Bill)

EDIT: Lamonica was a 12th rounder, so he fits in the James Harris category -- not a high-round pick

Somewhere some Jets fan is saying, "The entire history of the Bills is one bad QB pick after another."

Nice work.

Another thought crossed me mind- who has drafted QB's well?

Dallas, SF, GB, Pitt...

For me it would be three QB's that have won a SB(championship) and played at least 5 years. During that time won

Nice work.

Another thought crossed me mind- who has drafted QB's well?

Dallas, SF, GB, Pitt...

For me it would be three QB's that have won a SB(championship) and played at least 5 years. During that time won

The Colts have drafted a number of great QBs. And the Broncos don't mind it.

- one HOF QB (Namath)

The Bills?

- one HOFer

:lol: so true!

We did have Kemp, never saw him but I assumed he was solid.

:lol: so true!

We did have Kemp, never saw him but I assumed he was solid.

Yep, we had Kemp, but he was pre-AFL/pre-draft, so I didn't count him. I'm sure some team can lay claim to a worse record of QB drafting than the Bills, but right now nobody comes to mind ... we're at one -- ONE -- top tier QB in our entire franchise history and 50 years of the draft ....

I gotta admit....I liked Petty in last years draft....why are the jets not giving him a chance.

Because he sucks. They wouldn't have taken Hack in the 2nd if they thought Petty was worth anything.

Or maybe they're doing a Shanahan/Redskins thing (Griffin + Cousins), but one year apart ...

Wouldn't this be more like a Cousins + Cousins thing? I don't see anyone with pre-injury RG III potential on their roster.

- one HOF QB (Namath)

The Bills?

- one HOFer

You missed Clod Tollins. 2nd rounder, I think?

Yep, we had Kemp, but he was pre-AFL/pre-draft, so I didn't count him. I'm sure some team can lay claim to a worse record of QB drafting than the Bills, but right now nobody comes to mind ... we're at one -- ONE -- top tier QB in our entire franchise history and 50 years of the draft ....

sadness, now you are making me depressed.

Wouldn't this be more like a Cousins + Cousins thing? I don't see anyone with pre-injury RG III potential on their roster.

Geno

The slow-twitch neurons are holding him back. Not really his fault. B-)

That's the problem with spread QBs, just like the one we just drafted

The Cheaters have been doing the same thing since they got lucky with Brady. Their only success was 7th rounder Cassel, who they got a 2nd for from their former GM Scott Pioli when he went to KC, but since then nada. Mallett was a 3rd rounder who was traded for a 7th, Garropppollloo will likely get them nothing when he leaves after his rookie contract, and they just drafted Brissett in the 3rd round.

Don't forget Hoyer.