Round 2 Projections

Don't sleep on Mackensie Alexander here. Forget about the obvious Clemson connection for a moment. This guys is a great 3rd CB to me. He is a tremendous man to man guy. He allowed zero man to man touchdowns all last season. Zero. And allowed only 19 receptions for 258 yards on 58 targets. That's amazing. Imagine what a defense could do with not 1, not 2, but 3 CBS who could handle their business with one on one man coverage. Would open up so many blitz options. If he's there, I think they will seriously consider it and I hope they do.

If he's there they should silence the phones, run to the podium and turn the card in. I was really surprised he made it out of the first round. Tenn, Dal, Balt, KC, Chi, and Mia, all have CB needs and draft in the first 10 picks of the 2nd round :unsure: I dont think he makes it past the 42nd pick.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Visits to Bills who are still on the board ~RD2-3 (not incl DE, OLB34):

Bell S, Cravens S-LB,

Reed DT/NT, Washington DT,

Cook QB, Prescott QB, Hackenberg QB, Jones QB

My Bills Grab List

Jarran Reed DT34 Austin Johnson DT34

Su'a Cravens OLB34-S hybrid V Bell SS D Thompson Boise State FS

JHawkins LT

At Safety, #Bills have Aaron Williams returning from injury, Graham (age 31), and 4 justaguys #scary

for some reason the cravens pick seems like a rex package kind of guy to me. i think there would be a good shot at that, potentially.

I think it will be S.

Cravens, Bell, Green. No particular order, we'll see who's left at their pick.

we signed that ufa from the Vikings who has NFL starting experience. I think we will take a S in the draft but not until day 3. Edited by The Jokeman

So much talent left, I cant wait till tonight... I keep getting the willies when I look at the players left, personally I like Billings, Reed or Ragland at 49 as realistic options, the physicality level would amazing combined with Lawson. Cravens, C/D. Jones, Robinson, Bell, Cash, D. Thompson, Boyd, Ward, oh my...

we signed that ufa from the Vikings who has NFL starting experience. I think we will take a S in the draft but not until day 3.

You could be right. I'm not convinced that our S position isn't still one of the weakest spots on the team.

I'd love to see an interior DL like Jones, Reed, or Robinson.

im not as sharp on the depth this year as i feel some years, but i think we see a big body later that isnt terribly diverse but fills a role from day 1. i dont have a name or precise round to put on that though.

today i think is a spot you see WR, OT, or back 7 of the defense barring someone surprising falling to us. qb possibly, but that wouldnt get me that excited.

@TyDunne

Some names: LB Jack, DT Reed, DT C. Jones, DT Billings, ILB Ragland, T Spriggs, QB Cook, QB Hackenberg, CB Alexander, LB Cravens, S Bell.

@MatthewFairburn

ChN3gRyWMAEzJGR.jpg

You could be right. I'm not convinced that our S position isn't still one of the weakest spots on the team.

Agreed. Aaron's neck is a concern and Graham aint getting any younger. Add the fact that Rex loves using lots of Safeties, and it is definitely still a big need. IMO.

Spriggs is still available - he's probably worth it. But IU players scare me, haha

Problem is that he is athletic and looks like a pure LT for a zone scheme. He's not powerful at all so you're not getting much in the way of run blocking from him. Just not a fit here if the Bills are going to run a lot and with Glenn at LT.

Edited by BarleyNY

There are a lot of very good players left to be taken in R1.

I'd like to see the Bills make a trade to acquire another R2 pick.

They must come away with a DT, an ILB, a WR, and a QB from their remaining picks. it would also be nice to acquire a S and an OL.

How high a priority is acquiring a QB?? That is the most interesting to me.

QB C. Cook, DT J. Reed, ILB R. Ragland are all desirable R2 picks.

what is "the cost" of moving up in the second round and also keeping the current second round pick? I would love to see them climb up higher in the round, get one(or both) of the LB's still out there, but at what cost would that come? Is it possible to get both Ragland and Jack in the second round with what we have to offer? Is it even worth it to go after both of them?

There are a lot of very good players left to be taken in R1.

I'd like to see the Bills make a trade to acquire another R2 pick.

They must come away with a DT, an ILB, a WR, and a QB from their remaining picks. it would also be nice to acquire a S and an OL.

How high a priority is acquiring a QB?? That is the most interesting to me.

QB C. Cook, DT J. Reed, ILB R. Ragland are all desirable R2 picks.

Edited by The Poojer

Cook is extremely inconsistent, disappears in the biggest games, and was rumored to be hated by teammates (I mean, one of the top college QBs that was a 3 year starter and still not a Captain? That says a lot to me). Add to that his completion percentage was below 60% (and regressed to 56.1% last year) and you have all the makings of a clipboard holder for his entire career. I don't know how anyone can see it any different. I would be pretty upset if he was our pick. But hey, he's looked great against powerhouses like Indiana and Rutgers so what do I know, right?

Edited by Mark80

what is "the cost" of moving up in the second round and also keeping the current second round pick? I would love to see them climb up higher in the round, get one(or both) of the LB's still out there, but at what cost would that come? Is it possible to get both Ragland and Jack in the second round with what we have to offer? Is it even worth it to go after both of them?

You're probably looking at giving up next year's 2nd, along with a couple other picks.

I'm starting to think trade back into round 2; grab a DT & LB and finally a late round OT and call it a day. If Taylor flames out, our pick will be high anyways trade up and get the best guy net year. Our D will be mostly rebuilt and possibly only need safety and possibly right side OL help...

As much as I would love a #2 WR, we have Watkins, Shady, Woods and Clay and are a run first offense - I suppose we could wait on that. If you could get Jarren Reed and Ragland, do it and call it a day

I'm starting to think trade back into round 2; grab a DT & LB and finally a late round OT and call it a day. If Taylor flames out, our pick will be high anyways trade up and get the best guy net year. Our D will be mostly rebuilt and possibly only need safety and possibly right side OL help...

As much as I would love a #2 WR, we have Watkins, Shady, Woods and Clay and are a run first offense - I suppose we could wait on that. If you could get Jarren Reed and Ragland, do it and call it a day

This. Although id like to see us pick up Ragland and Jack and get Reader in the 4th along w an OL. I think getting Lawson, Jack, Ragland and Reader. Would be a win

We need a mofo at safety/LB that can cover and put some fear into pass catchers, but wouldn't rule out a QB in 2nd round. Ragland seems too similar to Preston Brown.

Thats how I feel too. Get your S/OLB hybird that can cover TEs. We already have a Ragland.

Edited by DrDareustein

I would stay away from Jack (and Jaylin Smith). While the upside is high, you might end up with nothing at all.

I would like to see them lean right into the strength of the draft and nab a DL (they plan to play Lawson at OLB) like: Jones, Reed, Robinson, Billings and maybe Dodd or Ogbah.

If Ragland is available, I would be happy with him.

Correa would be nice as another OLB, but may be redundant with Jerry Hughes and Shaq Lawson (and Manny Lawson in reserve).

I'm not a Big Cravens fan as I am not sure where he would play.

I would prefer to bolster the defense before looking at offense, primarily because I think the BPA will be on defense.

I don't think Cook or Hackenberg are the answer at QB, but they each have enough talent to consider. There might be a WR available that could help, but they likely won't be as good a prospect as several who could be available on D.

I feel like we can still get a NT later in the draft. I'd go Cravens or Perry in the 2nd. Wouldn't be opposed to a WR

I think they plan to play Lawson at OLB and I'm not sure Perry or Cravens would be good ILBs (though I know others think that Cravens is a great fit at WILB).

@NFL_CFB

Rounds 2-3 mock (via @LanceZierlein) 38. #Jaguars: Myles Jack 51. #Jets: Connor Cook FULL: http://on.nfl.com/26B1Cmc

ChOMuZ3WUAARCXQ.jpg

PICK 49

BUF.png

Jonathan Bullard - DE, Florida

Not a sexy pick, but has the ability to play along the line of scrimmage and can get to the other side of the line.

80. Buffalo Bills: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (They won't do it IMO)

Doesn't seem like a Rd 2 guy. Also, not sure what he could deliver that Robert Woods can't. Hell, he might be older than Woods.

he is not currently mocked in rd 2 - round 3 is earliest and I think he is actually more valuable as a 4th round pick

@NFL_CFB

Rounds 2-3 mock (via @LanceZierlein) 38. #Jaguars: Myles Jack 51. #Jets: Connor Cook FULL: http://on.nfl.com/26B1Cmc

ChOMuZ3WUAARCXQ.jpg

PICK 49BUF.png

Jonathan Bullard - DE, Florida

Not a sexy pick, but has the ability to play along the line of scrimmage and can get to the other side of the line.

80. Buffalo Bills: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (They won't do it IMO)

Actually, I forgot to include Bullard in my list. I would be very happy to have him as a DE who can also slide inside on passing downs.

I would not pick a K that early - especially one from FLA to come kick in WNY.

Edited by OldTimer1960

If he's still there, I pick Jyles Mack and don't look back. We could pick Jihad Ward and declare holy war on the AFC East.

Normally, you put 32 doctors in a room, you'll get 32 different opinions. The fact that it appears all 32 team docs are all in agreement in unheard of and very damning. Extremely bad for him, but in a draft with so many good, healthy players still available, you just don't waste the pick.