Liberal Protests

B-Man

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

One group protesting police brutality

The other group shows up w guns because they can’t get a haircut.

One group are thugs

The other are good people.

Jews will not replace us, right?

All good people?

Got it.

One group stood on the steps.

The other burned down the city.

You're an idiot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:ph34r:

The country is on fire literally and figuratively and we’re actually having a decent conversation about some of the issues that underlie the literal fire in Minnesota.  Please keep your conspiracy theory material out of it for now.  Later, fine, we can talk all you want about Russia this and Comey that and we’ll go back to having our usual fun.  But this Minnesota stuff is common ground, and important, and we shouldn’t disturb it with something so far afield as this.  Thank you. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

The country is on fire literally and figuratively and we’re actually having a decent conversation about some of the issues that underlie the literal fire in Minnesota.  Please keep your conspiracy theory material out of it for now.  Later, fine, we can talk all you want about Russia this and Comey that and we’ll go back to having our usual fun.  But this Minnesota stuff is common ground, and important, and we shouldn’t disturb it with something so far afield as this.  Thank you. 

The fact you think it's far afield shows how ***** dishonest and/or lost you are. 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:ph34r:

It's always back to the Russia thing with you. :)  This particular cop had a dozen police conduct complaints against him (one leading to a letter of reprimand).  It's not a good look for that police force regardless of what you think about the looting and rioting.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Word salad is such a great description.  That beta bozo mayor of Minny is like an extremely poor man's Obama.  Essentially emote, say very vague but nice sounding things, don't do anything at all, let the media cover for you.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doc Brown said:

It's always back to the Russia thing with you. :)  This particular cop had a dozen police conduct complaints against him (one leading to a letter of reprimand).  It's not a good look for that police force regardless of what you think about the looting and rioting.

No one is defending the cops. Not me. Not that post. 

It's pointing out the hypocrisy we're seeing throughout this thread and over the past four years on this topic. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

No one is defending the cops. Not me. Not that post. 

It's pointing out the hypocrisy we're seeing throughout this thread and over the past four years on this topic. 

Understood.  I just found it funny you found a way to link this to the Russia investigation.  That was the last thing on my mind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

this is the second post where you try to control the conversation (like your others don't :rolleyes:, right?) just move along if it doesn't interest you.

33 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I disagree with your thoughts on this.  It's not conspiracy theory, it's fact and its relevant.  There is no middle ground to be had here on Russia, no need to pretend there is. 

I do agree its refreshing to hit you with some thumbs up posts on this issue. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So how is looting a business part of a protest against police brutality? But I find it sad that you actually think the men who showed up to protest the lockdown were there for haircuts. Those men wanted to be left alone by govt and allowed to open their businesses since they felt the govt was oppressing them. Since peaceful protests are guaranteed by the constitution I support both groups to make their voices heard so long as it is peaceful.

You’re right - we should never inconvenience the White people.  

SMH

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm no legal expert but I believe the charge would be manslaughter. Is there really a question that the officer killed the guy?  The issue here, with the people of Minneapolis, is that given the EXACT SAME circumstances, they all know that they would have been arrested...on the spot!  Nobody is asking for a public lynching without due process.

Don't know that for sure.  If the woman on MSNBC is right about them having known and worked together at a restaurant for over a decade, this could be personal & might be more like Murder 1.

Not sure how Minnesota's laws work, but if they were thinking they might be bringing charges that serious against the cop, that could explain the delay on arresting/ charging him.  

And, though an ordinary citizen would likely "get arrested ... on the spot" would they necessarily have been charged on the spot as well? Maybe one of our actual lawyers like @Koko78 could weigh in on that.  Because if they wouldn't necessarily get charged right away, then "arresting" them really doesn't add anything to the eventual serving of justice.

All 4 of these cops were fired.  Not just put on leave, but actually fired.  That says, IMHO, something additional is on its way.

1 hour ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I never thought I would live to see the day when there are American Soldiers, issued live ammunition, with authorization to use lethal force deployed on an American street.

What a sad day indeed.

This is one of the best observations I’ve read on an Internet message board.  Well said.  We have lost our way. 

The white guy breaking windows was Amtifa. They are anarchists/cpmmunists and just want to foment unrest.  

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 3

Whole thing stinks to me. Even down to the video of the guy getting killed. Found out this morning that the cop that "killed" the guy and the victim knew each other. They both worked security at the same bar. Dude probably isn't even dead.

Edited by Dante
  • Haha (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You’re right - we should never inconvenience the White people.  

SMH

You must truly be a racist if you assume the rioters are all black. My standard is behavior yours is clearly race. 

• Like (+1) 2

It's sad how nothing has changed since 1992, which at the time, felt like a moment when things might change.

Cops in the US still don't know how to police, and remain either poorly trained, poorly led, or lack the skill to properly police.

The black community still can't organize and protest without destructively burning their own neighborhood and economy down.

4 minutes ago, dpberr said:

It's sad how nothing has changed since 1992, which at the time, felt like a moment when things might change.

Cops in the US still don't know how to police, and remain either poorly trained, poorly led, or lack the skill to properly police.

The black community still can't organize and protest without destructively burning their own neighborhood and economy down.

Or...Maybe....

The police officers in this instance do not represent all law enforcement officers and the blacks participating in the looting, arson, and other criminal behavior do not represent all blacks...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

44 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Black people just aren’t important - is that what you’re saying?  Got it. 

Black or white looters and arsonists are scum, not worthy of receiving any sympathy from the rest of us. Every one of those people should be arrested and punished. You trying to make it about anything else is ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think in the age of social media we want to see things as binary because there are character limits preventing reasonable takes.

the looters and people engaging in crime therefore have to be put in either the “good” basket with the protestors or the “bad“ basket with the police.  And social media obviously isn’t going with the latter so this mob gets protected with nonsense logic (like, they are expressing their anger with the police)

fact is, the protest is reasonable and understandable.  The looters and criminal activity is not okay and not justifiable.  

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I hate that you're making me agree with you.

Hey I’m always reasonable!  Unlike everyone else, I come down on both sides of the political divide—as if condemning looters is political Lol?

Edited by Crayola64
  • Like (+1) 1

Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck for nearly 9 minutes, criminal complaint says

Derek Chauvin kept his knee pinned down on George Floyd’s neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds, according to a criminal complaint filed Friday.

Chauvin did not remove his knee after Floyd said “I can’t breathe” or after he shouted “Mama” and uttered “please,” the charging statement from the Hennepin County Attorney’s office says. He allegedly did not move his knee until nearly three minutes after another officer was unable to find Floyd’s pulse.

The incident that prosecutors say cost Floyd his life could now send Chauvin, 44, to prison for as many as 35 years if he is convicted on the third-degree murder charge and second-degree manslaughter charge filed against him.

The complaint says Floyd initially resisted being handcuffed when officers sought to arrest him on suspicion of trying to pay for a purchase with a counterfeit $20 bill, but he then became compliant. He sat on the ground at officer Thomas Lane’s direction while Lane asked him questions.

When Lane and officer J. Alexander Kueng tried to walk Floyd to a squad car, however, the complaint says that “Mr. Floyd stiffened up, fell to the ground, and told the officers he was claustrophobic.” Floyd allegedly continued to intentionally fall down and refuse to stand still to avoid entering the car, but the officers eventually got him into a passenger seat of the vehicle.

At 8:19 p.m., Chauvin pulled Floyd out of the car and brought him to the ground, facedown and handcuffed, the complaint says. Kueng allegedly held Floyd’s back, Lane held his legs and Chauvin put his left knee near Floyd’s head and neck.

The officers remained in position while Floyd said he could not breathe, according to the complaint.

“You are talking fine,” they allegedly told him as he moved back and forth.

Chauvin declined a suggestion from Lane that they turn Floyd onto his side, the complaint says. Again, the three officers stayed where they were.

Floyd stopped moving at 8:24 p.m., and he stopped breathing or speaking a minute later. Kueng checked him for a pulse and could not find one, according to the complaint.

Video shows the officers did not attempt to resuscitate Floyd. The officers allegedly remained in place until 8:27 p.m., when Chauvin took his knee off Floyd’s neck.

First responders put Floyd on a gurney and brought him to the Hennepin County Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Did even try and save his life? 

Do people usually get arrested if they try and spend a fake twenty? I mean what if they received it for change? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dante said:

Whole thing stinks to me. Even down to the video of the guy getting killed. Found out this morning that the cop that "killed" the guy and the victim knew each other. They both worked security at the same bar. Dude probably isn't even dead.

Lol, sitting with Jeffery Epstein drinking a beer somewhere 

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

After he stopped breathing they didn’t even bother doing CPR or anything. They were like, oh well 

..maybe our on board counselor Koko78 can weigh in on the other three.....I'm assuming the prosecutorial proceedings are a bit more complex as far as what charges are applicable...I'll surmise there is a ton of evidentiary review happening relative to applicable charges as they are apparently complicit in some way....failure to intervene?....are they complicit?.....are they an accessory?.......the Georgia case indicted the purported "good samaritan" filming the jogger's murder with similar charges.....now add in the FBI/Fed involvement as far as potential Civil Rights violations......I would think Minnesota state prosecutors want to make sure every "I" is dotted and every "T" is crossed with appror=priate charges as well as a fulll understanding of Minnesota Appeals Court tendencies, certainly anticipating appeals.......Fed civil charges are another ball game IMO......