Liberal Protests

B-Man

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The cop was arrested, so now the thugs have moved on to other cities to protest ... what exactly?

And this...

You cannot be that stupid can you? You really asked why people across the nation are protesting? Unbelievable.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Margarita said:

You cannot be that stupid can you? You really asked why people across the nation are protesting? Unbelievable.

When should the violent protests end?  When all the buildings in Minny are burned to the ground?  When do you think they should end?  

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

When should the violent protests end?  When all the buildings in Minny are burned to the ground?  When do you think they should end?  

When there is no more police force and when Trump is dead. ?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yeah... the White House is not the place to be ***** around playing at violent protesting.

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

According to the AP the man charge is man 2.  I looked at the links you posted (thanks; nice job) and man 2 seems to make more sense than man 1 here.  

good points on your end about reasons for no immediate arrest and on the civil end of things.  Nicely done. 

You are correct, it was Man 2. I'm not sure why I read it as Man 1... been a long day.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

she asked what are they protesting I didn't say I think violence or property destruction was a good thing. I think the protesters should disperse. what they are doing  unpeacefully is not as stupid as her question but close.

Just now, njbuff said:

So much for social distancing.

Reading the twitter threads, there are a lot  of tweeters more appalled that the looters and rioters are not all masked and 6’ apart. Looting and rioting is a- ok, not being 6’ away from the next guy stealing a TV at Target is bad. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

If you think the victims of looting, vandalism, shootings and assaults are exclusively white, you’re part of the problem, not the solution. 

If you think watching what typically represents a lifetime of work, sweat, blood and sacrifice burn to the ground represents a mere “inconvenience”, you’re a fool. If you’re simple enough to not consider the ramifications of widespread looting, violence and destruction on a community, of the jobs lost, buildings abandoned, major retailers deciding it’s not worth the effort to rebuild there...ah, whatever.  Keep on with your silliness.  People of depth, character and consideration for their fellow man  will do the best they can to go around you. 

I’m not advocating the looting and vandalism but passive disobedience is clearly not working. 

13 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Why can’t you simply ask her what her views are without immediately being insulting?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Why can’t you simply ask her what her views are without immediately being insulting?

Lefties love to insult you when they don't agree with you.

Didn't you know that? ?

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Reading the twitter threads, there are a lot  of tweeters more appalled that the looters and rioters are not all masked and 6’ apart. Looting and rioting is a- ok, not being 6’ away from the next guy stealing a TV at Target is bad. ?

No need to rag on them, they are just trying to find something to do during a pandemic and being unemployed. ?

Edited by njbuff
  • Haha (+1) 2

I understand the anger and protest against racism and police brutality but I will never understand how destroying property and looting are in any way positive or indicative of any positive outcome against either of those things. I have no argument against peaceful demonstration but to burn and loot in the short term I guess releases anger but its so short sighted . the WHY they are protesting to answer Buffalo Gal is anger, frustration with police brutality and overt racism leading to death,  grief and mob mentality sinking in. The collateral damage does nothing to help at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

No need to rag on them, they are just trying to find something to do during a pandemic and be unemployed. ?

yeah, looting and rioting for booze and TVs... fine, upstanding citizens.

So, reading twitter, in addition to Minneapolis and Atlanta having riots, Brooklyn is getting sporty. And the cops said, “Nuff of this *****” in Columbus 

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I understand the anger and protest against racism and police brutality but I will never understand how destroying property and looting are in any way positive or indicative of any positive outcome against either of those things. I have no argument against peaceful demonstration but to burn and loot in the short term I guess releases anger but its so short sighted . the WHY they are protesting to answer Buffalo Gal is anger, frustration with police brutality and overt racism leading to death,  grief and mob mentality sinking in. The collateral damage does nothing to help at all.

What do you have against barbecues in late May? ?

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

yeah, looting and rioting for booze and TVs... fine, upstanding citizens.

So, reading twitter, in addition to Minneapolis and Atlanta having riots, Brooklyn is getting sporty. And the cops said, “Nuff of this *****” in Columbus 

BG, not to get political, but what is the common denominator with the riots in these cities?

Easy guess.

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Lefties love to insult you when they don't agree with you.

Didn't you know that? ?

Because she has shown herself to me as a person who doesn't respect alternative views so I afford her equal "respect"

37 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Sorry NB, I am not into painting entire groups with the same broad brush stroke. Feel free; however, when you do, just know that you pretty much become the very thing you are railing against.

I respectfully disagree. Never would I paint an entire group...good or bad

Just go to youtube.....Youngbloods, Get Together....

Come on People...

Railing is Agent Rhino and followers...single minded, focused on supporting their position, defend defend, attack attack...

Peace....It is time...

Just now, Margarita said:

Because she has shown herself to me as a person who doesn't respect alternative views so I afford her equal "respect"

It's ok to disagree, but name calling only enrages the person you are trying to engage.

Hell, I have been accused of being racist today. 

Holy balls. ?

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

BG, not to get political, but what is the common denominator with the riots in these cities?

Easy guess.

A paycheck for some. These riots are not spontaneous. The ads were out earlier. 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

A paycheck for some. These riots are not spontaneous. The ads were out earlier. 

I was thinking.......................

all Democratic run cities.

No coincidence there.

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Easy guess.

Ooh! Ooh! Pick me Mr. Kotter!

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Margarita said:

racism?  Do you know what the word means?  Please define it and explain how you know that what happens to Floyd was racism and not just bad policing or a bad person doing a bad thing. 

this should be good...

I’ll help you:

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race”

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am from NJ and I am surprised Newark isn't up in flames right now.

7 minutes ago, dubs said:

racism?  Do you know what the word means?  Please define it and explain how you know that what happens to Floyd was racism and not just bad policing or a bad person doing a bad thing. 

this should be good...

I’ll help you:

a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race”

It is coming out that those two might have known each other.

Brings more questions to the table, like, was it over an ex-girlfriend or something.

That cop should fry, but this case might get weird.

10 minutes ago, dubs said:

this should be good...

Being that Floyd was black it is going to be labeled a racial issue even if that officer would have treated any other person the same way. That oficer may or may not be a racist but in view of The issues in the past involving blacks and the police that bridge was crossed by many people rightly or wrongly.

PS: was that indeed "good" for you dubs? lol

Edited by Margarita

43 minutes ago, Margarita said:

You cannot be that stupid to think that’s what @Buffalo_Gal is saying. 

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I’m not advocating the looting and vandalism but passive disobedience is clearly not working. 

So if passive disobedience is not working what exactly are you advocating? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I am from NJ and I am surprised Newark isn't up in flames right now.

It is coming out that those two might have known each other.

Brings more questions to the table, like, was it over an ex-girlfriend or something.

That cop should fry, but this case might get weird.

I have literally zero idea of what this scumbag cops motivation was. What aggravates me is how the term racism gets thrown around incorrectly all the time. Racism is the belief that a race of people are inherently inferior to your own race. So to say the motivation is racism, you’d have to know the cop believed that black people were inferior. There is nothing we know to support that. Not a thing. 

nowadays , any incident involving two different races of people gets the racism tag. More accurately it could be speculated as bigotry.  But even that in this case is totally unknown. 

5 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Being that Floyd was black it is going to be labeled a racial issue even if that officer would have treated any other person the same way. That oficer may or may not be a racist but in view of The issues in the past involving blacks and the police that bridge was crossed by many people rightly or wrongly.

PS: was that indeed "good" for you dubs? lol

sorry to be terse on my last post. 

it’s really not good for me. Reason being, we don’t know. You admitted it yourself above. Any furtherance of that notion is both wildly speculative and destructive. It’s a loaded term almost always used incorrectly and stokes fear and anger. 

4 minutes ago, dubs said:

I have literally zero idea of what this scumbag cops motivation was. What aggravates me is how the term racism gets thrown around incorrectly all the time. Racism is the belief that a race of people are inherently inferior to your own race. So to say the motivation is racism, you’d have to know the cop believed that black people were inferior. There is nothing we know to support that. Not a thing. 

nowadays , any incident involving two different races of people gets the racism tag. More accurately it could be speculated as bigotry.  But even that in this case is totally unknown. 

ha so we agree. I guess that means I was "Good" lol @-@ okay fair enough I agree none of this can be labeled "good"

Edited by Margarita

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Don’t you think it is kind of important that you be certain of what something is before you label it and start extrapolating what happened into some broader meaning?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Do you honestly believe that we will ever get rid of every bad cop? Assuming you agree that level of thinking is childish and stupid then what else can be done now besides prosecute and convict him? If this stuff was as common place as you pretend it would never make the news. Chicago has had about 200 murders this year already but no one cares because it is expected. This cop should be convicted but stop pretending he is common.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Don’t you think it is kind of important that you be certain of what something is before you label it and start extrapolating what happened into some broader meaning?

If you really think that black people aren't taking this as a racial affront (rightly or wrongly) we would disagree.  I think you need to be black to understand their frustration and anger at the optic of it though. I can't judge that accurately or personally because Im not black but also as Im watching these protests unfurl a Lot of the folks protesting are not exclusively black. SO perhaps racial issues are not the majority part of this anger. But it has to be at least part due to our countries history thats just my opinion. There is a huge distrust between cops and people in general and racial stereotypes you know this. Black Lives Matter is example.

great  SMH my sons neighborhood in Brooklyn has fires burning this chit just got personal for me

Edited by Margarita