Josina Anderson: Mario open to pay cut to stay with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't a hard deal to do.

It takes Mario taking a little less money and Rex turning Mario lose on the quarterback and knocking off the coverage nonsense. There is nothing stopping this fence from being mended but ego. Both sides have to adapt.

That, of course, will stop it. :flirt:

but still wants Rexy to meet him halfway (no likey dropping back in coverage)

He states it in the article, "going (Attack)" the gap, probably the 9 instead of read and react and use linebackers to "set up your fill inside" which is the implied alternative to having the d line fill and linebackers persue.

Everything he said fits the contrast between the two schemes in question and why one might explain the current is a misfit for the talent.

My guess is this is agent positioning the mario brand as 'a team player that underperformed in a misfit scheme, who still is willing to back his organization'

I want the Bills to win. Mario has the talent to help them do so. Does he have issues with self-motivation? Ya. So get someone in here that can push him. It's the job of the coaching staff to get the best out of what you've been given. Rex was a complete disaster at this in 2015.

At the end of the day, it's understandable, but it still sucks that our dumbass coach is going to win the tug of war battle against a player who is more valuable to the team than he is.

Edited by QB Bills

If we are going to use him like we did last year or he is going to perform like he did last year, I don't think he fits at any price.

Exactly. Plus I think he is a very poor locker room presence. Better to use the money somewhere else.

My guess is this is agent positioning the mario brand as 'a team player that underperformed in a misfit scheme, who still is willing to back his organization'

Could be as well. Him quitting last season can't look too good on film to prospective buyers.

I like Mario, but if he's willing to take a pay cut, maybe the Bills could work with his agent & him to trade him to a team that is acceptable to him & has interest. This is a deep draft & even a 4th rounder from a team drafting in the top 10 would be valuable.

those are some pretty candid quotes...

this could change...well...just about everything being discussed over the past month re: offseason "needs"

I don't think it would change much at all. Regardless of whether he's here or not he was ineffective. The front 7 was ineffective. Their needs are still the same.

Besides, this is just talk. I don't think there's much of a chance of this happening.

The problem I have is he keeps talking about the bills as family

He was a locker room malcontent last year

half batoot effort

I have never ONCE seen him step up and be a leader on this team......this guy is no meatball

You nailed this one. His comments reek of something manufactured by his agent. From his comments during the season to the latest ones made to Josina it looks like are building a case to help his future negotiations and try to save face for his lackluster effort.

The Mario shipped has sailed.

Wow. Last chance to scapegoat the daylights out of a very talented player that actually likes playing here so everybody hops on. How atrocious an attitude that a great pass rusher wants to rush the passer. Meanwhile nobody can see through Rex's BS lip service?

Sadly, Mario will VERY likely be gone. If he stays in this garbage defense he will not have big numbers. I think the Bills will go with someone cheaper to participate in sealing the edge, covering Beckham, and avoiding contact with the QB.

Wow. Last chance to scapegoat the daylights out of a very talented player that actually likes playing here so everybody hops on. How atrocious an attitude that a great pass rusher wants to rush the passer. Meanwhile nobody can see through Rex's BS lip service?

Sadly, Mario will VERY likely be gone. If he stays in this garbage defense he will not have big numbers. I think the Bills will go with someone cheaper to participate in sealing the edge, covering Beckham, and avoiding contact with the QB.

The real debate is whether Rex is better at his job than Mario is at his.

You can believe that Mario has motivational issues and that it has nothing to do with Rex being a bad coach.