Josina Anderson: Mario open to pay cut to stay with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thickens? Mario is done in Buffalo.

If the word on the street is correct he should be done. Players were starting to say (without giving names) that he was not buying in. I saw two live games this year and I will tell you Mario could care less if they won or not. We could use our 1st to draft a stud to take his place. A young stud that is hungry for the spotlight trumps a older guy that has a self centered attitude any day. Watch and see.

If the word on the street is correct he should be done. Players were starting to say (without giving names) that he was not buying in. I saw two live games this year and I will tell you Mario could care less if they won or not. We could use our 1st to draft a stud to take his place. A young stud that is hungry for the spotlight trumps a older guy that has a self centered attitude any day. Watch and see.

i agree, and he would be way cheaper and more explosive. Only thing with a rookie is you might get a slow start, rookie wall, or inconsistency. I think that's why you rotate him with a guy like Jarius Wynn first year instead of expecting him to be Mario (or the former Mario) on day 1.

Just pointing out facts about Rex's curious decision to call out Brown to the press. Are you saying that is something a good coach does to a player whose career looked on track until said coach botched it?

What is the Golden Corral? This lady sums it up well. Obesity everywhere http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g53994-d3832087-r171418641-Golden_Corral-Whitehall_Pennsylvania.html

It's Rex's team, he can coach it how he wants. Either it starts to pay dividends this season or he's probably gonna have a boot in his backside. 2 more years max. I'm fine with that.

pumpernickel croutons at Ruby Tuesday >>>

All day long. Some peas some broccoli some blue cheese and Catalina now we're talking.

Thumbs down to Olive Garden. I'd like to pick a salad dressing please.

i agree, and he would be way cheaper and more explosive. Only thing with a rookie is you might get a slow start, rookie wall, or inconsistency. I think that's why you rotate him with a guy like Jarius Wynn first year instead of expecting him to be Mario (or the former Mario) on day 1.

Good point on the rookie wall.

Lol...You have an excuse for everything.

Poster- "Denver shut down the quick passing game no problem".

You- "Denver knew the snap counts." Lol.

So there is no point. Carry on being one of the 3 people on the message board that doesn't think Rex was mainly responsible for the defensive failure this year. Hey, its entertaining at least. I'll give you that.

What do you think the outcome of this conversation will be?

You seem to believe that every point made that aligns with your opinion is a salient counterweight and that anything to the contrary is an "excuse."

So if your desired outcome is for everyone to share your opinion, otherwise you'll continue throwing these mini-tantrums, well, then I don't know what to tell you other than advise against the outbursts.

Your right. Your entitled to you're opinion as I am mine.

Most people on here tend to agree with me in regards to this issue and most disagree with you're opinion on this.

Ill agree to disagree with you as does most of the board.

I'm glad you feel secure in your virtual posse. But I wouldn't confuse three or four outspoken compadres with any sort of majority. May be you should run a poll. Prove me wrong.

I'm glad you feel secure in your virtual posse. But I wouldn't confuse three or four outspoken compadres with any sort of majority. May be you should run a poll. Prove me wrong.

I can only speak for myself but I am in no kind of virtual posse. My opinions on Rex and the failure last season are all my own. I don't mind being the unpopular one against the crowd.... I argued against the crowd in support of Doug Marrone. I base my opinion only on what I see and how I interpret it.

I wouldn't expect a coach to say one bad thing publicly and I'm glad Rex hasn't.

We could argue about what we know or don't know about player assignments, but I don't think it's that complicated when it comes to Mario's performance last season.

All we need to confirm his lack of commitment, is how he got off the ball at the snap. It all starts there, regardless of scheme and responsibility.

Unless he had some undisclosed injury or time caught up with him, his explosion was not there.

The only other explanation is that he simply did not have the desire to get off the ball. That he quit.

GO BILLS!!!

I watched and rewatched. Sure, he did not just stand there but more often he did not do much more than act like he was playing zone. protecting a 4x4 square box of real estate regardless of the what Offense had called against the Bills

Nothing to do with assignments. That is reaching at best.

something got under his skin at some point, and he just shut it down. IMHO

What made it worse was when he occasionally dominated his man and pursued the play. Those couple times told me it was not injury related

Lol you must have missed his Preston Brown diatribe and preemptive excuse-o-matic 2016. He basically called him stupid and timid.

Fire your interpreter asap!

I watched and rewatched. Sure, he did not just stand there but more often he did not do much more than act like he was playing zone. protecting a 4x4 square box of real estate regardless of the what Offense had called against the Bills

Nothing to do with assignments. That is reaching at best.

something got under his skin at some point, and he just shut it down. IMHO

What made it worse was when he occasionally dominated his man and pursued the play. Those couple times told me it was not injury related

That's what bothers me as well; that he so clearly turned it on and off. Mostly off, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Depends on when it happened. For all we know, it wasn't listed on the report for a few weeks.

Lack of effort is a bit different than lack of explosion perhaps ?

Not saying just for arguments sake FC.

The coach is a meanie. Give Preston Brown a participation ribbon and a Capri sun to appease Merper

Caesar salad is all about the dressing. All croutons are good minus the ones at Golden Corral.

we agree on the dressing then?

Croutons are an underrated art form in my opinion and the timing allowed for the dressing to penetrate the coarse texture of the crouton can make a difference.

Never been to golden corral.

sounds a little freaky to me.

P.Brown will come around this year under Rex

It is also partly due to the Bills replacing a defense line coach Bills defense line said was doing a good job with Karl Dunbar.

Maybe this is the heart of the matter with the line. Thoughtful post!

That's what bothers me as well; that he so clearly turned it on and off. Mostly off, though.

GO BILLS!!!

I truly wonder if folks who chime in really watched closely.

Took me quite a few years to detect what was happening at full speed. I always watch the pre snap movement then settle in to the D line, then use my peripheral vision to follow the short patterns in the pass game. I really have trouble watching the secondary unless it a run call.

But like i said i watch the Dline or even front seven very closely when the ball is snapped.

I agree... he probably would.

In Rex's first year here, i might agree.

Different styles of coaching for sure.

BC has the point on this.

Coaching might be similar to parenting. I have four kids. They each need different thing to be their best. But consistently on my part had to be employed too.

They all turned out fine, but that was only 4 players with two Coaching them.

Lets hope Rex learned enough last year from the Mario debacle to shift his strategy while maintaining and honing his technique.

:thumbsup: