Embrace your inner patriot

Beerball

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've often thought about this very question: under what incredible circumstances would I actually WANT to see NE* win?

I felt a similar way about the 49ers when they were seemingly always winning. I was sick and tired of seeing them win SB after SB. 5 trophies later it FINALLY ended. Now I don't really care either way about them. IF they win #6 I won't be bothered by it.

I think the only way I could root for Tom Brady and/or Belichick would be if either one is somehow released from the Patriots* and goes back to play them. Then I would root for Brady to get over on his old team, but since that will never happen I will never root for them.

The real question is 5-10 years from now when they are a total train wreck that goes 5-11 or 6-10 every year will we still care? Will beating them be as satisfying?

Yes! It will be satisfying

I've often thought about this very question: under what incredible circumstances would I actually WANT to see NE* win?

I felt a similar way about the 49ers when they were seemingly always winning. I was sick and tired of seeing them win SB after SB. 5 trophies later it FINALLY ended. Now I don't really care either way about them. IF they win #6 I won't be bothered by it.

I think the only way I could root for Tom Brady and/or Belichick would be if either one is somehow released from the Patriots* and goes back to play them. Then I would root for Brady to get over on his old team, but since that will never happen I will never root for them.

The real question is 5-10 years from now when they are a total train wreck that goes 5-11 or 6-10 every year will we still care? Will beating them be as satisfying?

All y'all can't read. I am resigned to the pats winning, I am not now, nor ever could root for them.

At some point this past weekend I decided it's better for me to simply embrace the fact that the Patriots will win SB 50. They're good, they'll win.

They are the best team in the AFC (especially since Dalton was hurt, I thought Cincy would give them a run for their money). But I think both of the NFC teams are better than NE.

I have made peace with the fact that Brady is probably one of the best QBs ever. Their coaches seem to know how to adjust the scheme to fit the players (a novel concept). They foster an atmosphere of excellence. I don't have any knowledge, but I bet their facilities, trainers, assistants, assistants to the assistants, interns, etc. are all among the best in the league. It can't last forever, eventually other teams will figure out a way to duplicate their success.

I will never hope they win.

Their smug fans with a decade of excellence are annoying. I hope to live to see them become mediocre, so that I can see what happens to their fanbase.

Brady and his smurf receivers are in my nightmares. I like to see Brady on the field, because he can't get broken in half unless he is on the field.

I want Brady and manning to run full speed into each other, ending each other's career. I'd rather clean up my dogs **** then watch those 2 play each other again. Id much rather watch saved by the bell reruns bc we all know at the end zach gets Kelly and Brady will beat manning. Here's to rooting for for AC Slater.

I picked them to win it all in a pool at work so thats the only reason I can get behind them winning it all

CBF

another one infected with the demoniacal influence that pervades these days and times.

burn some Sage for gosh sakes and repent !

I agree. Nobody can stop them other than themselves. Theyre playing at another level right now, with all the confidence in the world.

holy water perhaps is in order. at least a netty pot

But actually, if a bunch of us Bills fans root for the Pats, doesnt that almost certainly mean that theyll lose the big one?

All heil Marcia & Bill!

its a trap

NOO!

No. Actually brilliant idea. Since the teams we want to win always lose we jinx the Pats by rooting for them!

careful friend

What could you possibly have against baked beans? :huh:

Otherwise, ditto. No inner-Patriot here.

Only the ones from boston. they are tainted and surely unhealthy some how.

Grandma Browns? yummy

I hate to admit it, but I rooted for them the first time against the Giants. But at the time, I had more hatred in my heart towards the Dolphins, and I wanted somebody, anybody to beat their record, even if it was the Patriots*.

Brave and honest. good Man you are.

I wouldn't even root for them if they were playing against the North Koreans.

That's the spirit! Better dead than red. or something like that

All y'all can't read. I am resigned to the pats winning, I am not now, nor ever could root for them.

semantics

i root for the patriots after the bills get knocked out every season

gronkowski-belichick-brady is an insane combo

i see it as repping our division

i've been called a jackass before for voicing these feelings

Jackass is not the phrasing i might suggest.

repping the division we battle in?

John i fear you are misguided.

Kraft has his pincers in your mind hole too.

Patriot. org IS the Evil Empire. all that is wrong with America is exemplified in Boston Via Bob and his tainted inheritances.

dirty dirty evil

now doesnt that just cheer us all up about BBs self questioning of character?

satan works in the most mysterious ways.

Edited by 3rdand12

Right now it is coming down to food. Always do a Super Bowl menu with items that represent each city playing in the game. Frankly not only do I loathe the Pats** but I am tired of Sam Adams, Boston cream pie, clam chowdah and Maine lobster. Ok, not tired of those things exactly because they are quite good but really tired of the same thing so many years of the last 16. OTOH last time Denver played it was slim pickings as they don't seem to have a state food. I went with coors light and green chili. Hoping for Panthers this year to get Carolina BBQ on the menu.

Right now it is coming down to food. Always do a Super Bowl menu with items that represent each city playing in the game. Frankly not only do I loathe the Pats** but I am tired of Sam Adams, Boston cream pie, clam chowdah and Maine lobster. Ok, not tired of those things exactly because they are quite good but really tired of the same thing so many years of the last 16. OTOH last time Denver played it was slim pickings as they don't seem to have a state food. I went with coors light and green chili. Hoping for Panthers this year to get Carolina BBQ on the menu.

Well, that just complicated the hell out of things for me.....

I typically just do things I like. But I like the approach if I'm not too lazy. (The wise money is on lazy.)

in case you haven't found it, your inner patriot is located in the deep in your rectum. If you squeeze hard you can eject little patriots after your morning coffee. If you pucker during ejection you can get them to look like the hoodie.

I will admit to preferring the thought of Sam Adams and lobster.

Well, that just complicated the hell out of things for me.....

I typically just do things I like. But I like the approach if I'm not too lazy. (The wise money is on lazy.)

yeah the last two years did salmon for Seattle and spiked Starbucks coffee. I'm happy to move on to new NFC menus though I've been researching Arizona foods and am admittedly kind of intimidated by the Native American foods and could just go simple Mexican.

yeah the last two years did salmon for Seattle and spiked Starbucks coffee. I'm happy to move on to new NFC menus though I've been researching Arizona foods and am admittedly kind of intimidated by the Native American foods and could just go simple Mexican.

I make a great black bean and corn salad that may or may not qualify, but now you've started a craving! My lazy gene lends to frequent nachos on game days. Simple yet delicious! It's too late to be dreaming of such goodies.

I make a great black bean and corn salad that may or may not qualify, but now you've started a craving! My lazy gene lends to frequent nachos on game days. Simple yet delicious! It's too late to be dreaming of such goodies.

yep can't go wrong with nachos. Now I'm hungry.