A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

1) It was really cool to see Woods score the TD. The truth is that I stopped even thinking about him as a weapon.

2) Another great game for Sammy! I was particularly fond of the first TD play. The timing and placement were perfect, and Sammy just went up and took it.

3) I guess we can say that Clay redeemed himself for the awful drop in the 4th Quarter. He looked as if he didn't want to take a hit and this completely changed the momentum of the game. He caught the TD on what appeared to be a defensive break down, but I will take it.

4) Btw, on the 3rd down incomplete pass in the opening drive of the second half, Hogan was wide open on the sideline, and could have jogged into the end zone.

5) I just don't understand what was happening with Mario today. I know he had 0 sacks, and I don't think he had one tackle or one assist either. But it was strange.....in the first half, they seemed to be neutralizing him with just one blocker. In the second half he was constantly doubled, yet he was bringing some pressure. I don't get it.

6) Since it cost a lot to win,

and even more to lose.

You and me bound to spend some time wondering,

what to choose.

Goes to show, you don't ever know.

Watch each card you play and,

play it slow.

Wait until your deal come round.

Don't you let that deal go down, NO!!!

7) It was a tougher play to make than I initially thought, but it would have saved us quite a bit of grief if Darby made that interception on the first drive.

8) I sure am glad that the Bills are still technically alive. We have at least one more week of hope. We deserve this and more!!! :)

9) Did you hear Wilcotts at the very end of the game? He said (I am paraphrasing)that Rex never met a qb who he didn't want to hit. Before this year I thought the same thing. Imo, this was the most pass rush we had since week one.

10) I like and support Taylor. The kid is good and has a lot of heart. That said, I feel like I am correct in saying that he needs to run to achieve his full potential. Once he ran for the TD and picked up KEY first downs with his legs, the Texans simply had to account for this.

11) Poor Mills lol. Imagine starting a pro career against the best player in football!!! He of course didn't fare well but we didn't miss Henderson all that much, ya know?

12) The 53 yard pass to Sammy went 45 yds. in the air and was perfectly placed, with just the right amount of air under it. It might have been TT's best throw of the season.

13) McCoy did show us some heart today, as well as some great moves.

14) Congrats to the Bills, and to you my friends.

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) It was really cool to see Woods score the TD. The truth is that I stopped even thinking about him as a weapon.

2) Another great game for Sammy! I was particularly fond of the first TD play. The timing and placement were perfect, and Sammy just went up and took it.

3) I guess we can say that Clay redeemed himself for the awful drop in the 4th Quarter. He looked as if he didn't want to take a hit and this completely changed the momentum of the game. He caught the TD on what appeared to be a defensive break down, but I will take it.

4) Btw, on the 3rd down incomplete pass in the opening drive of the second half, Hogan was wide open on the sideline, and could have jogged into the end zone.

5) I just don't understand what was happening with Mario today. I know he had 0 sacks, and I don't think he had one tackle or one assist either. But it was strange.....in the first half, they seemed to be neutralizing him with just one blocker. In the second half he was constantly doubled, yet he was bringing some pressure. I don't get it.

and even more to lose.

what to choose.

play it slow.

7) It was a tougher play to make than I initially thought, but it would have saved us quite a bit of grief if Darby made that interception on the first drive.

8) I sure am glad that the Bills are still technically alive. We have at least one more weak of hope. We deserve this and more!!! :)

9) Did you hear Wilcotts at the very end of the game? He said (I am paraphrasing)that Rex never met a qb who he didn't want to hit. Before this year I thought the same thing. Imo, this was the most pass rush we had since week one.

10) I like and support Taylor. The kid is good and has a lot of heart. That said, I feel like I am correct in saying that he needs to run to achieve his full potential. Once he ran for the TD and picked up KEY first downs with his legs, the Texans simply had to account for this.

11) Poor Mills lol. Imagine starting a pro career against the best player in football!!! He of course didn't fare well but we didn't miss Henderson all that much, ya know?

12) The 53 yard pass to Sammy went 45 yds. in the air and was perfectly placed, with just the right amount of air under it. It might have been TT's best throw of the season.

I think you mean week not weak...

Not only are the Bills alive, they are in a pretty good spot compared to where they could have been...

Mario is playing his way right off the team......that is my opinion

Sadly, I have to agree. We know he can be a great player, but he really hasn't brought it this year. That's a hell of a lot of cap space and money we have tied up in him, and we're really not getting that much out this year, and we really could use the cap space.

and even more to lose.

what to choose.

play it slow.

8) I sure am glad that the Bills are still technically alive. We have at least one more weak of hope. We deserve this and more!!! :)

our hope is hardly weak for another week :w00t:

I focused on Mario on every snap I could see him today and tbh I thought his effort was terrible. He seemed to be going half-speed the entire game.

11) Why the !@#$ does Matthew Mulligan get on the field? He's good for a holding call each game.

I think Mulligan has quietly been a good blocking TE for us. Holds happen every game and I frankly haven't heard his number called in weeks now. Meanwhile, did you see Gragg try to block Clowney?

I would say this has been our most pressure since New England, though. We hit Brady on half of his dropbacks. If only we had some offense that game...

I think this Houston team is better than any of out upcoming opponents, but I don't think it's going to be easy to take all four games in front of us.

On the one miss he clearly did get a bad hold.

It's a tough call wrt Carpenter. I always liked him, and don't know how much better we can be this season if we cut him. What do you think?

I don't think there is a better kicker available right now. Several starters are hurt and several are missing their fair share of XPs and FGs. Carp just needs to get his mojo back.

It's a tough call wrt Carpenter. I always liked him, and don't know how much better we can be this season if we cut him. What do you think?

As a kicker in several leagues currently(touch and flag football), I can tell you from experience that kicking a ball with laces facing you gives you a much lower chance of making the kick...it changes the surface area you are striking, and also the aerodynamics of the ball in flight...that miss was 100% on Schmidt for a bad hold.

Kicking a football on the laces is the football version of throwing a knuckleball in baseball...it might make it over the plate for a strike, but you have little control of it once it leaves your foot...

Edited by matter2003

I don't know - he just always makes me nervous, even on extra points. Channeling my late father, I think he should get a haircut and stop looking like a hippy burnout. ;-)

a) loved the Easley interception at the end of the game.

b) I really believe that if Mario would bull rush the RT every time he would ride him to the QB 70% of the time, he's not a high motor guy like Hughes.

c) we need to hire a tackling coach

d) Gilmore needs to be aware that next to the goal line you need to wrap the ball carrier.

e) OL was very good today. Woods and Incognito with high grades.

f) It's a great assurance to have Thigpen back there.

5) Mario is coming off a foot injury. Might be a cap casualty down the stretch, but still is a big presence who I think can help us a lot down the stretch.

8) Not "technically" alive. Really truly alive. "Technically" alive will be if we were to lose in Philly and have to come up with creative ways to get in at 9-7. Getting in at 10-6 is a straight shot. Even if the Jets win all but our game including beating the Patriots, they would miss out to us at 10-6. Steelers have a very tough road to 10-6. We lose most tie breakers scenarios with them, so tonight, Go Colts!

16) Carpenter has been brutal. I thought we should have picked up Novak a long time ago when the Chargers cut him. But I don't know that we can beat Carp in the waiver wire, so we might have to just cross our fingers and hope the worst is behind us.

17) #WeAreOnToPhiladelphia

My thought about the game is that this isn't a playoff team. The defense is awful and Carpenter has now impacted the last two games with missed kicks which just can't happen

The offense is carrying the team but is still inconsistent.

Edited by Max997

5) Mario is coming off a foot injury. Might be a cap casualty down the stretch, but still is a big presence who I think can help us a lot down the stretch.

8) Not "technically" alive. Really truly alive. "Technically" alive will be if we were to lose in Philly and have to come up with creative ways to get in at 9-7. Getting in at 10-6 is a straight shot. Even if the Jets win all but our game including beating the Patriots, they would miss out to us at 10-6. Steelers have a very tough road to 10-6. We lose most tie breakers scenarios with them, so tonight, Go Colts!

16) Carpenter has been brutal. I thought we should have picked up Novak a long time ago when the Chargers cut him. But I don't know that we can beat Carp in the waiver wire, so we might have to just cross our fingers and hope the worst is behind us.

17) #WeAreOnToPhiladelphia

Novak missed his first extra point which is why the Texans had to go for 2 to tie it in the 4th quarter...

My thought about the game is that this isn't a playoff team. The defense is awful and Carpenter had now impacted the last two games with missed kicks which just can't happen

The defense isn't awful, it's average. Big difference.

O-line kept VijayJay Twat in check, 2-3 or 4 people, whatever it took it worked out for the Bills today

Shady I'd getting stronger as the season goes on

Sam I Am...good hands today

Rambo isn't perfect but the kid brings the heat out there

TT was pivotal, his steady play kept the ship righted whIle Shady was in concussion protocol

Clay boooo, Clay Yayyyyy. The dude can make plays

Hope Gilmore is back next week, they'll need him to finish strong

For all the flack I gave Rex last week he gets some reprieve. I wouldn't fire him, this week.

Mario is playing his way right off the team......that is my opinion

As mine too- way too much cashola for not enough productivity. Sometimes he is non existent. Additionally, for a seasoned vet to still be trying to learn his role in the defense that was 11 games into the season tells me all I need to know.

I think they rushed Brady pretty well the 2nd time around.

Novak missed his first extra point which is why the Texans had to go for 2 to tie it in the 4th quarter...

Yep. His relevance was based on playing him and includes that miss today. 9 missed extra points today, so isn't just on Carp, but I would have Novak over Carp if I could. Hoping he can get his head back on straight and his kicks back straight, because we will have some kicker difference moments in our final four games.

16.) we have successfully shut down arguably the most dominant offensive player in Gronk and defensive player in Watt

and even more to lose.
what to choose.

play it slow.

8) I sure am glad that the Bills are still technically alive. We have at least one more week of hope. We deserve this and more!!! :)

Edited by The Poojer