A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Our QB throwing fewer than 20 times is part of the recipe as well. If our running game is as dominant as today then our offense is good.

This is exactly what Rex & Roman stated they would do with this years offense. 20 passes, and 35+ runs.

Tayor 11 of 12 for 154, and the RB's 36 rushes for 266 yards rushing. What was so great about today's offense was the passing yard per pass was 10.3, and yards per rush was 7.4.

I gotta tell ya I loved this style off offense! That deep bomb to Sammy was a thing of beauty!

Edited by Nihilarian

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I agree with that too. Look, the best way for this team to win (and keep winning) is to do what Rex and Roman built them to do: run the ball, get the ball into the hands of some elite athletes (McCoy, Watkins, now Williams, sometimes Clay, and of course Tyrod) and let them get the points on the board through individual effort. I don't think it's necessarily a recipe for success in the playoffs, but ... then again, isn't this kind of close to what the Seahawks have done? I hope I'm wrong.

But every game is different. Other times we came out throwing every play and went right down the field. This is really the first game we have had a healthy McCoy and Karlos. Next week against the Jets we may be throwing the ball all over the field. I think this offense has been very versatile when we have had Watkins and McCoy/Karlos at the same time. I don't think you can count the games that EJ played without Watkins and McCoy hurting and Karlos out. That is not the team we have or the offense we run. We can run and we can pass with our starters. I don't think the game plan was to rarely pass and play ground and pound. We just never had to pass much and when we did we burnt them deep a couple times.

Our defense is absolutely pathetic when you take into consideration the talent that's there. This is Rex's ego taking over - he's forcing the defense to do things that are incompatible with their talent set. This group of players relies on QB pressure, which means rushing the DL, adding a LB'er or two to it, and occasionally throw in a corner or safety blitz. I need to start counting the number of plays they actually blitz because I can't remember four or five situations where they happened today.

Remember when Jauron would have Kelsay would drop into coverage? Yeah, it was stupid then, and it's stupid when our DE's do it now. Stop now, Rex, lest you be remembered just like Wanny is around these parts. I didn't like Gailey as a head coach, but I did like one comment he made - he designed his schemes to put his talent in a position to win. He doesn't force square pegs into round holes. That's exactly what Rex is doing right now.

Honestly this team is 4-4 because of the offense and in spite of the defense.

1) Very, very impressed by Karlos Williams today. He bounced off of the line a couple of times and just wouldn't quit. I'm not the biggest fan of Whaley but keeping Karlos over Fred while sad, was clearly the right move.

2) Speaking of moves, did any of you catch the one by Watkins approx. 2 minutes into the 4th quarter? The play went for for 15 yards and Grimes was absolutely helpless.

3) The penalties are still quite disturbing. There were no less than 13 today. One would think that when you are penalized 13 times you would lose. But 260 yards or so on the ground still wins games for an NFL team, or so it looks.

4) Bradham and Brown had decent numbers today, but I didn't think either of them played well. Too many missed tackles.

5) Standing on a tower,

World at my command.

You just keep a turning while I'm,

playing in the band.

If a man among you,

Got no sin upon his hand.

Let him cast a stone at me for,

playing in the band.

Playing,

Playing in the band.

Daybreak,

Daybreak on the land.

6) Gilmore made a fine play on the last play of the first half when he defended the pass. Ryan was pumping his fist. It was good. Other than that I was less than impressed. He gave up too many passes and was penalized. He was also taken out of the play on a few runs. Shut-down? I don't think so. At least not today.

7) Good things happened when Rex let them blitz. Sorry folks, I just can't stand this sissy Jauron style defense.

8) Hey Miller, welcome to the NFL! The next DT he faces will look like Cinderella, no matter who it is. Suh is a freaking monster, and is clearly disturbed mentally.

9) Big Time kudos to Mr. Taylor. You know, he didn't need so much air under his deep passes to Sammy. The kid has a nice arm. And he ran just enough to take pressure away from his weapons.

10) Sammy too was fantastic today! I just love the way he gets open.

11) I laugh when they say our defense "bullies" other teams. We do not, at least not on defense. Our DL runs away from the LOS and the entire defense commits stupid penalties.

12) On the first drive, both Sammy and McCoy threw nice blocks.

13) Sorry people for being so critical of the defense after a win. :( They were causing me a great deal of nervous frustration. Rex needs to get his act straightened out imo.

14) Time now to beat the jets!!!

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11) Rex's system is not the right fit for this defense. They're better in an attacking style 4-3 base defense like we saw last year. He needs to adapt his system to accommodate that for better results.

Our defense is absolutely pathetic when you take into consideration the talent that's there. This is Rex's ego taking over - he's forcing the defense to do things that are incompatible with their talent set. This group of players relies on QB pressure, which means rushing the DL, adding a LB'er or two to it, and occasionally throw in a corner or safety blitz. I need to start counting the number of plays they actually blitz because I can't remember four or five situations where they happened today.

Remember when Jauron would have Kelsay would drop into coverage? Yeah, it was stupid then, and it's stupid when our DE's do it now. Stop now, Rex, lest you be remembered just like Wanny is around these parts. I didn't like Gailey as a head coach, but I did like one comment he made - he designed his schemes to put his talent in a position to win. He doesn't force square pegs into round holes. That's exactly what Rex is doing right now.

That Dick LeBeau sucks and always did. What was he thinking?

For as much as we complain about officiating when calls go against us I think it's only fair to point out that we got some big calls in our favor today.

1. Karlos Williams clearly fumbled the ball on his 2nd quarter TD run before the ball broke the plane. The endzone camera angle showed this. Should have been a touchback, Miami's ball.

2. Suh had Tyrod spun around just before the long TD pass to Sammy and it should have been registered as a sack. If it would have been called a sack as it should have been Miami would have declined the penalty, we would have punted, and that would have meant no TD pass to Sammy.

At the end of the day a win is a win and I'm glad we won. I still think we deserved the win especially after the many times we've been hosed by bad calls in the past. But I think it needs to be pointed out that we got some breaks today.

For as much as we complain about officiating when calls go against us I think it's only fair to point out that we got some big calls in our favor today.

1. Karlos Williams clearly fumbled the ball on his 2nd quarter TD run before the ball broke the plane. The endzone camera angle showed this. Should have been a touchback, Miami's ball.

2. Suh had Tyrod spun around just before the long TD pass to Sammy and it should have been registered as a sack. If it would have been called a sack as it should have been Miami would have declined the penalty, we would have punted, and that would have meant no TD pass to Sammy.

At the end of the day a win is a win and I'm glad we won. I still think we deserved the win especially after the many times we've been hosed by bad calls in the past. But I think it needs to be pointed out that we got some breaks today.

Agreed we got a bunch of good calls today. That endzone camera view on Karlos' TD however was distorted. That did not at all show it was clearly a fumble. It was from about three yards inside the endzone on an angle. There is no way whatsoever on that angle you can see whether or not he fumbled previously. It has to be somewhat straight on to know.

Jauron would even drop Schobel into coverage.

Good post!

But every game is different. Other times we came out throwing every play and went right down the field. This is really the first game we have had a healthy McCoy and Karlos. Next week against the Jets we may be throwing the ball all over the field. I think this offense has been very versatile when we have had Watkins and McCoy/Karlos at the same time. I don't think you can count the games that EJ played without Watkins and McCoy hurting and Karlos out. That is not the team we have or the offense we run. We can run and we can pass with our starters. I don't think the game plan was to rarely pass and play ground and pound. We just never had to pass much and when we did we burnt them deep a couple times.

It was great to see the offense healthy (except Harvin) and watch Greg Roman call a game that was damn near fantastic!

It might be a different attack all together against the NYJ on Thursday. Having the weapons available allows for a variety of offensive game plans week to week.

He did appear to be uninspired, but who really knows what he is being told to do in this weird system?

Can we quit criticizing " the system" or whatever ? Rex Ryan's defense demands being smart and doing your job. He may just have to realize he has too many undisciplined free lancers that do not play smart. They play dumb consistently , and must be purged. He's stuck with them for this year, so he may just need to be more aggressive up front because the back seven often cannot be trusted . His system should work, and its not about square pegs. It's about a whole bunch of guys that consistently have played dumb out of control football for years, but were compensated for by the lines talent. All his system has done is expose the frauds on this D for what they are. I don't think that's on Rex. He expected some smarts to go with the talent on this D and too many guys don't play with any of the former. So keep giving these charlatans a pass and blame coaches and systems. Today made it obvious too anyone watching what was going on. I know they won, but that was some horrendous D being played save for a monster play or two ,

Jauron would even drop Schobel into coverage.

Good post!

Ok, just what was the count for DLs dropping in coverage today? I honestly don't know. I do know I saw a lack of discipline by the LBs and some DB's that was a much bigger problem as their over pursuit and poor angles as a result led to huge gains. Let's just give those guys a pass though and yell about some coaches.

Can we quit criticizing " the system" or whatever ? Rex Ryan's defense demands being smart and doing your job. He may just have to realize he has too many undisciplined free lancers that do not play smart. They play dumb consistently , and must be purged. He's stuck with them for this year, so he may just need to be more aggressive up front because the back seven often cannot be trusted . His system should work, and its not about square pegs. It's about a whole bunch of guys that consistently have played dumb out of control football for years, but were compensated for by the lines talent. All his system has done is expose the frauds on this D for what they are. I don't think that's on Rex. He expected some smarts to go with the talent on this D and too many guys don't play with any of the former. So keep giving these charlatans a pass and blame coaches and systems. Today made it obvious too anyone watching what was going on. I know they won, but that was some horrendous D being played save for a monster play or two ,

Ok, just what was the count for DLs dropping in coverage today? I honestly don't know. I do know I saw a lack of discipline by the LBs and some DB's that was a much bigger problem as their over pursuit and poor angles as a result led to huge gains. Let's just give those guys a pass though and yell about some coaches.

I've been trying to avoid thinking that our D won't really improve until next year, when we plug in players who are a better fit. Although the loss of our safeties cannot be overemphasized, so maybe there is hope for when Aaron returns (provided we still control our own destiny).

Dumping the players who set a team record in sacks, produced a high number of turnovers and finished in the top 5 last season will be a time-consuming and costly exercise.

The easy solution is to match up the current skills of the players to the scheme that best utilizes those skills. This is on Rex. He can fix this tomorrow, but his ego won't let him do the right thing.

I can't remember exactly when it was but one of the better stops and plays on D was when Hughes dropped back in coverage on a zone blitz and then was in perfect position to make a stop on a WR I think for a loss.

The WR actually didn't even catch the ball because Hughes was right on him. It was 3rd and 5(?) and Hughes broke up the play to force a punt.

Edited by FireChan

I'm not pissed or disappointed or demanding more of Taylor. He had a near flawless game. However, he has room to imporve. This isn't a bad thing, nor is it unexpected. I'm just stating what I think is the area of his game ..or perhaps the offensive philosophy.. that i think needs the most improvement.

could you please be specific and cite some suggestions for TT’s improvement?

Regarding point 9... I like Taylor. He did plenty good and he needs to be our starter. I'm not questioning that... But. But, he really needs to look downfield more. Too much of the offense is played within 10yds of the line. It seems he's either throwing short or long bombs, with very little in between. I'd like to see more mid range passes in that 20 yd type range. I think that would loosen the defenses up even more.

Draw them in and then beat them deep. Worked to perfection today.

1) Very, very impressed by Karlos Williams today. He bounced off of the line a couple of times and just wouldn't quit. I'm not the biggest fan of Whaley but keeping Karlos over Fred while sad, was clearly the right move.

2) Speaking of moves, did any of you catch the one by Watkins approx. 2 minutes into the 4th quarter? The play went for for 15 yards and Grimes was absolutely helpless.

3) The penalties are still quite disturbing. There were no less than 13 today. One would think that when you are penalized 13 times you would lose. But 260 yards or so on the ground still wins games for an NFL team, or so it looks.

4) Bradham and Brown had decent numbers today, but I didn't think either of them played well. Too many missed tackles.

5) Standing on a tower,

World at my command.

You just keep a turning while I'm,

playing in the band.

If a man among you,

Got no sin upon his hand.

Let him cast a stone at me for,

playing in the band.

Playing,

Playing in the band.

Daybreak,

Daybreak on the land.

6) Gilmore made a fine play on the last play of the first half when he defended the pass. Ryan was pumping his fist. It was good. Other than that I was less than impressed. He gave up too many passes and was penalized. He was also taken out of the play on a few runs. Shut-down? I don't think so. At least not today.

7) Good things happened when Rex let them blitz. Sorry folks, I just can't stand this sissy Jauron style defense.

8) Hey Miller, welcome to the NFL! The next DT he faces will look like Cinderella, no matter who it is. Suh is a freaking monster, and is clearly disturbed mentally.

9) Big Time kudos to Mr. Taylor. You know, he didn't need so much air under his deep passes to Sammy. The kid has a nice arm. And he ran just enough to take pressure away from his weapons.

10) Sammy too was fantastic today! I just love the way he gets open.

11) I laugh when they say our defense "bullies" other teams. We do not, at least not on defense. Our DL runs away from the LOS and the entire defense commits stupid penalties.

12) On the first drive, both Sammy and McCoy threw nice blocks.

13) Sorry people for being so critical of the defense after a win. :( They were causing me a great deal of nervous frustration. Rex needs to get his act straightened out imo.

14) Time now to beat the jets!!!

15) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No apologies needed Bill, you nailed it: the Defense is frustratingly mediocre, and the penalties this team makes are just maddening—good teams will make them pay for those.

At the beginning of the year, the Defense was supposed to carry the team and the offense was just going to be asked to not blow it …. Now it is just the opposite.

this team, the one we've been seeing week in and week out... i am so done with this team right now. they're wins are uninspiring and they really have no heart. it's great that guys like watkins and mccoy had great games - they're supposed to - because they're supposed to be all pro. The only two highlights of todays game I took away are John Miller is someone to appreciate and Karlos Williams makes me happy with his style of play.

The LB's, the DL, the S's are playing piss poor football. The CB's are up and down and it's disappointing. The OL is trying and working hard ... some times. The QB/Taylor is full of charisma and I appreciate it. The skill players on offense, well, I don't know why we can't get the ball to our playmakers. I don't know why Miami couldn't shut down Watkins. I don't know why we have Clay and Woods right now and wish they could get the ball.

I agree to a large extent with your post. Not impressed with a home win against an inferior opponent. 12 more penalties today; we are on track to break the all time record for a season. Rex’s scheme, as cited elsewhere here, does not optimize the talents we have on D; but I’m afraid Rex will get caught up in his own hype and say we gave up a lot of yards but held them to only 17.

Color me (mildly) impressed if we beat the Jests Thursday.

I agree to a large extent with your post. Not impressed with a home win against an inferior opponent. 12 more penalties today; we are on track to break the all time record for a season. Rex’s scheme, as cited elsewhere here, does not optimize the talents we have on D; but I’m afraid Rex will get caught up in his own hype and say we gave up a lot of yards but held them to only 17.

Color me (mildly) impressed if we beat the Jests Thursday.

i don't think we will. not against their WR's - Decker and Marshall who will combine well against our DB's and win enough battles with Fitzpatrick stepping it up once again to beat us.

We will lose by 4+

It DID work that one time but overall it is a weak, stupid philosophy. Why did we give Hughes, Mario and Hughes more than a quarter of a billion dollars? For them to drop into pass coverage?You know better than that.

I know the zone blitz is an extremely effective element of a great defense. If you use it too much, it's dumb. Rex has made some huge mistakes this year in game plans as well as defensive play calling by being a little too cute. What's funny is his biggest blunders have been being too conservative not too aggressive. He made a couple of very clever moves today. He moved Mario inside and it was working so well that he moved Hughes to the left end. That transformed the game. The guards didn't know who to block and the RT reserve couldn't handle Hughes at all. People will say See?! Just let Hughes go and he will dominate! Well, he dominated because Rex got cute.

I know the zone blitz is an extremely effective element of a great defense. If you use it too much, it's dumb. Rex has made some huge mistakes this year in game plans as well as defensive play calling by being a little too cute. What's funny is his biggest blunders have been being too conservative not too aggressive. He made a couple of very clever moves today. He moved Mario inside and it was working so well that he moved Hughes to the left end. That transformed the game. The guards didn't know who to block and the RT reserve couldn't handle Hughes at all. People will say See?! Just let Hughes go and he will dominate! Well, he dominated because Rex got cute.

With the rule changes, sacks and pressure are that much more important.

It bugs me when these guys run away from the LOS, Gilmore plays back, and the qb completes a pass anyway. They might as well play attack defense, at least primarily.

We watched our team lose with Jauron and his Tampon Two defense. I really thought those days were gone forever.

With the rule changes, sacks and pressure are that much more important.It bugs me when these guys run away from the LOS, Gilmore plays back, and the qb completes a pass anyway. They might as well play attack defense, at least primarily.We watched our team lose with Jauron and his Tampon Two defense. I really thought those days were gone forever.

That's exactly what I meant by Rex's blunders earlier in the year. He would zone blitz but only rush three or four, and then he wouldn't press with the DBs. Now he is not really blitzing but the CBs are usually right up on the WR the last couple games. What he hasn't really been doing is doing what he normally does, which is blitz the LBs and DBs a lot from a lot of different spots. He's been way less aggressive than he normally is and I just don't understand it. But today, he made that tactical change that got away from what these guys do best and it won the game for them.

Also the stats are really misleading this game. A lot of Miami's yards were missed tackles and very good calls and misdirection plays. It's not like Tannehill had time to throw or even attempted to throw downfield. Maybe 3-4 times the entire game. As I said earlier there was a time when he had 238 yards passing and the ball hadn't traveled more than 50 yards in the air total. They really ran some great little screens that killed us, and we missed some tackles that killed us. It wasn't their blocking or our crappy pass rush or our DBs getting beat a lot.

It DID work that one time but overall it is a weak, stupid philosophy. Why did we give Hughes, Mario and Hughes more than a quarter of a billion dollars? For them to drop into pass coverage?

You know better than that.

In this game Hughes was the MVP on defense. He was as much a defensive force for us as Suh was for the Dolphins. Suh threw Miller around like he was a rag doll.

You and I have different eyes when we watch Gilmore. Overall, I thought he played solidly. The way the rules are established to promote the passing game and give the receivers unfettered space I thought he played well. I thought that McKelivin was a very positive contributor. Gilmore, Darby and McKelvin were an impressive backfield trio.

As you noted Karlos Watkins is a terrific addition. When he is out of the lineup it is very noticeable. His combination of power and speed create havoc for defenses. What is most impressive about his running style is that he runs north/south and he quickly hits the hole. If he needs to adjust to find the open lane he does it quickly without having to dance. The Watkins/McCoy combo was smartly used in this game. Reminds me a little of the Thurman Thomas and Ked Davis tandem.

I'm not sure if it is the scheme or if Mario is just being careful of protecting the flank but he isn't the same player he was last year.

I thought our LBs took a lot of bad angles and allowed basic plays to turn into big plays.

What I find very disturbing is the number of penalties. We got away with a blatant holding call by Miller on Suh on one of Watkins long TD passes. The referee made a bad call when Suh had Taylor in the grasp and allowed the play to continue.

Tyrod Taylor didn't throw too much in this game. What is evident is that he throws a nice long ball and that he is an accurate passer. Determining whether he can be our long sought franchise qb is the most important issue facing this franchise.

Edited by JohnC

Gilmore had his worst game of the season. Think he has been very good otherwise.

i called him out before the game for having more pi's than ints, today he had more penalties than passes defended. He just doesnt turn his head around. Darby is what we all wanted n gilmore. gilmore is overated. I hope we dont overpay him when we can sign 2-3 other guys with his money. Oh and mckelvin looked pretty darn good after not playing for a year!

When our defense gives drives of 80+ yards three times before the half and right after the half, it is a joke. The offense clearly bailed them out today.

could you please be specific and cite some suggestions for TT’s improvement?

He needs to work the intermediate routes. He threw 2 deep passes, today. Granted both were completed, but that's only 2 attempts all game at something longer than 15yds down field (as I recall). We've all seen that before, when the entire offense is run plays and short passes, defenses start to take the short stuff away and force you to be perfect on the deep throws. Today, Tyrod was; but that's not a game plan that makes me feel comfortable.

Draw them in and then beat them deep. Worked to perfection today.

Yes it did. And Tyrod executed with with near perfection. The guy is good. One of the best things about his game is he just doesn't make many mistakes. It's refreshing to see that!

Again, I hope no one thinks I'm saying Tyrod didn't do well. I'm just saying, he needs to work the intermediate routes more to back the defenders off the line of scrimmage.

It DID work that one time but overall it is a weak, stupid philosophy. Why did we give Hughes, Mario and Hughes more than a quarter of a billion dollars? For them to drop into pass coverage?

You know better than that.

Rex has made a complete, undisciplined mess of this Defense IMHO... I really don't understand how anyone can see it differently either... They have been fortunate too... It could have been much worse today...and against Tennessee and J-ville too...

I'm so disappointed with this Defense... Little to no pressure on the QB...poor tackling...penalties...missed assignments...They are underachieving big time...

I should point out my opinions are based on how high the bar was set...Especially by Rex himself... I don't really care what the norm is in the NFL because we were told to expect much,much more... You can't talk about being one of the best Defenses of all-time and field a product like this while expecting no one to notice when you fall way short...

OK...Sorry... /endrant

Stat of the day: Karlos Williams now averaging 6.6 yards per carry. He's a big version of CJ Spiller c. 2012!

He runs nothing like Spiller, but yes, he is great player. If he can avoid the head to head shots (he's already had 3 concussions in college/pros), he is going to be a great back in this league. Starter material.

Different secondary with McKelvin in there. With Aaron Williams out, they need him to be the positive factor they were looking for that unit to be.

Left side of the line was opening up a lot of nice run lanes.

Nice to see them get Hughes going again, especially the well timed blitz up the middle.

One negative that needs to be corrected: where is Charles Clay? Will be hard for this time to attack Jets secondary, and they will need Clay to be a factor in the all important Thursday matchup

You wouldnt be beating the clay drum because of the avatar would you? Lol. Jk but seriously. The passing game gave me much to be concerned about. The last 2 weeks Clay ATE!!! Woods ate. The ball was evenly distributed. Im not sure how i feel about the whole Clay 2 receptions for like 11 yards and McCoy Williams (im sorry, but i dont remember which it was) for 1 reception and Watkins with the rest. That doesnt seem like the recipe for a 5 star meal. I thought we had the birth of a dominant TE. Guess not.

No apologies needed Bill, you nailed it: the Defense is frustratingly mediocre, and the penalties this team makes are just maddening—good teams will make them pay for those.

At the beginning of the year, the Defense was supposed to carry the team and the offense was just going to be asked to not blow it …. Now it is just the opposite.

So true.

I know I was expecting real greatness from this years defense, and it caught me thinking that this years defense could be one of the best all time, like the 85 Bears with his father Buddy Ryan as DC, Or the 2000 Ravens with Rex as the D line coach. If Schwartz can get to #4 in the NFL in total defense, and #1 in sacks. Then Rex Ryan and his blitz happy Jets scheme like it was under Pettine then it should be even better. Rex Ryan stating before the season that this is the most talent he has ever had on a defense.

This years defense is frustratingly mediocre, and I would have never thought that Ryan would be the type of defensive coach that forces players to fit his system rather then focus on what his players do best. At this point Schwartz is making Ryan look mediocre

Rex has made a complete, undisciplined mess of this Defense IMHO... I really don't understand how anyone can see it differently either... They have been fortunate too... It could have been much worse today...and against Tennessee and J-ville too...

I'm so disappointed with this Defense... Little to no pressure on the QB...poor tackling...penalties...missed assignments...They are underachieving big time...

I should point out my opinions are based on how high the bar was set...Especially by Rex himself... I don't really care what the norm is in the NFL because we were told to expect much,much more... You can't talk about being one of the best Defenses of all-time and field a product like this while expecting no one to notice when you fall way short...

OK...Sorry... /endrant

No need to apologize because I think a lot of us fans are very disappointed in this years D. I get a sinking feeling on how Ryan is going to give the Jets a whole lot of bulletin board material this week, and what the teams defense will look against the Patriots in two weeks.

He needs to work the intermediate routes. He threw 2 deep passes, today. Granted both were completed, but that's only 2 attempts all game at something longer than 15yds down field (as I recall). We've all seen that before, when the entire offense is run plays and short passes, defenses start to take the short stuff away and force you to be perfect on the deep throws. Today, Tyrod was; but that's not a game plan that makes me feel comfortable.

Yes it did. And Tyrod executed with with near perfection. The guy is good. One of the best things about his game is he just doesn't make many mistakes. It's refreshing to see that!

Again, I hope no one thinks I'm saying Tyrod didn't do well. I'm just saying, he needs to work the intermediate routes more to back the defenders off the line of scrimmage.

I am sure there is room for improvement but 11/12 with no INTs is nothing to sneeze at.

Different secondary with McKelvin in there. With Aaron Williams out, they need him to be the positive factor they were looking for that unit to be.

Left side of the line was opening up a lot of nice run lanes.

Nice to see them get Hughes going again, especially the well timed blitz up the middle.

One negative that needs to be corrected: where is Charles Clay? Will be hard for this time to attack Jets secondary, and they will need Clay to be a factor in the all important Thursday matchup

He was watching Watkins have a career day, also blocking as McCoy/Williams run for over 200 yards and 3 TD's. Not everyone can get the ball often.