OBJ punched Duke Williams in the face - fined $9k by NFL

YoloinOhio

A lot of fans at the game said they saw this live. For those of you who didn't see it, here is the video. It happened after the Gilmore INT. No call, of course but should have been a personal foul. He was shut down all day and then lost composure. And ran away like a little girl. He should have been ejected.

Odell Beckham gets jacked up gets up and throws a punch #Bills #BilllsMafia http://t.co/pkf6g44pZT

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if that's what he did to get Brown so crazy. In the replay, it looks like Brown's head snaps to the side like Duke's does, as if he was punched. You can't see definitively from the TV angle though. Doesn't surprise me. Beckham is known for being a punk instigator.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I wonder if that's what he did to get Brown so crazy. In the replay, it looks like Brown's head snaps to the side like Duke's does, as if he was punched. You can't see definitively from the TV angle though. Doesn't surprise me. Beckham is known for being a punk instigator.

one fan called WGR and said he thought OBJ spit in PB's face

Obviously the real miss from the ref's perspective was the 15 yards on Duke Williams for hurting OBJ's image by making him throw a punch

The more I look back on this game the less I am concerned. The breaks did not go the Bills' way -- and they showed a lot of good adjustments from the 1st to 2nd half. The Giants were instigating and the Bills, unfortunately, retaliated. They need to understand teams are going to continue to try to do this until they show restraint.

Yup. It doesn't take long to develop a reputation for lack of discipline. Other teams and the officials will exploit that all season long. Actually, all of Rex's tenure-long.

rex's NJ teams had fewer penalties and fewer personal fouls than the Bills the last 2 years. They had 1 all of last year and 3 all of 2013. Bills had 2 last year and 4 in 2013. Bills had 7.8 penalties per game last year (31st in league) and jets had 6.8 per game (17th in league). In 2013 the Bills had 6.9 per game (25th) and the Jets had 6.8 per game (23rd). What does it have to do with his tenure? Edited by YoloinOhio

rex's NJ teams had fewer penalties and fewer personal fouls than the Bills the last 2 years. They had 1 all of last year and 3 all of 2013. Bills had 2 last year and 4 in 2013. Bills had 7.8 penalties per fan last year (31st in league) and jets had 6.8 per game (17th in league). In 2013 the Bills had 6.9 per game (25th) and the Jets had 6.8 per game (23rd). What does it have to do with his tenure?

isnt that over a million penalties?

rex's NJ teams had fewer penalties and fewer personal fouls than the Bills the last 2 years. They had 1 all of last year and 3 all of 2013. Bills had 2 last year and 4 in 2013. Bills had 7.8 penalties per fan last year (31st in league) and jets had 6.8 per game (17th in league). In 2013 the Bills had 6.9 per game (25th) and the Jets had 6.8 per game (23rd). What does it have to do with his tenure?

When opponents' coaches are telling their players that the Bills under Rex will lose their composure, and when the Bills under Rex prove that point, it has everything to do with Rex. Now Rex isn't the only one -- everyone's new favorite Jim Schwartz got that rep in Detroit too. But it's a problem, and if they don't see it and fix it, it will remain a problem.

When opponents' coaches are telling their players that the Bills under Rex will lose their composure, and when the Bills under Rex prove that point, it has everything to do with Rex. Now Rex isn't the only one -- everyone's new favorite Jim Schwartz got that rep in Detroit too. But it's a problem, and if they don't see it and fix it, it will remain a problem.

sure it does, even though Coughlin's team had more PF than Rex's last year and OBJ is punching guys in the face.

again, no one is saying they don't need to fix the penalties.

Edited by YoloinOhio

OBJ acted like a spoiled brat Sunday. I lost a lot of respect for OBJ. No player should act like that on the field. Running into a pile throwing punches and getting away with it because you're a superstar is BS

Come on, that kind of shoving goes on, on just about every play. Give it a rest folks, we lost to the a team that played better than when we did on Sunday. Next game up titans.

I seem to remember a certain Robert Woods being ejected for that kind of pushing and shoving at one point. But its always ok as long as everyone else does it....unless that someone is a Buffalo Bill.

OBJ IS the greatest athlete in the WORLD in EVERY sport - now including Boxing! [JTSP & Mike Strahan]

"Oh my god, he caught a ball while landing two yards out of bounds! We have to roll that replay over and over. He's the best!"

Come on, that kind of shoving goes on, on just about every play. Give it a rest folks, we lost to the a team that played better than when we did on Sunday. Next game up titans.

Normally I'd agree, however a punch was thrown. That's not normal. Regular shoving does happen on every play, but it isn't regular that only one team gets called for it.

"Oh my god, he caught a ball while landing two yards out of bounds! We have to roll that replay over and over. He's the best!"

I'm actually sick of that. He did the same thing in another game, caught a one handed catch out of bounds. It makes me pull my hair out, I don't care that he caught it, he was out of bounds. It doesn't count. I wish they would just move on.

I'm actually sick of that. He did the same thing in another game, caught a one handed catch out of bounds. It makes me pull my hair out, I don't care that he caught it, he was out of bounds. It doesn't count. I wish they would just move on.

yep- on Twitter you would think he went for 100+ and 3 TDs the way they are hyping the non-catch. I understand it was because they won and the fact he got shut down for the first time in forever doesn't matter in the end, but they didn't win much last year and that didn't stop the hype train.

Coughlin said after the game that part of their game plan was the Bills beating themselves. It likely included baiting them. I expect stupid behavior at least once a game from Hughes. He's kind of like our version of Jack Lambert -- one Personal Foul a game is a tradition. However, when Preston Brown gets one -- I think something else is up...the kid is a pro, with no history of punk behavior.

Something happened Sunday that will either help or crush the Bills moving forward. There is a formula to beat the Bills -- get the ball out quick on O, stack the line on D and bait them into stupid penalties....Its a pretty easy blueprint.

The more I look back on this game the less I am concerned. The breaks did not go the Bills' way -- and they showed a lot of good adjustments from the 1st to 2nd half. The Giants were instigating and the Bills, unfortunately, retaliated. They need to understand teams are going to continue to try to do this until they show restraint.

I just hope we can break the W L W L pattern. I'll have much more renewed hope if we take care of business against the Titans and then come home and beat a great Bengals team. If we go down to Tennessee and whoop them like we did with the Dolphins, then sh*t the bed like this past Sunday, I'll be frustrated.

Hah. You still crying because beckham didn't light up the bills for 100 yards plus ??

What a joke of a post. Per the usual.