Watkins Injury Update - post em here

truth on hold

“Well, it’s a calf, and obviously he couldn’t press off it at the end to where he could go out and play,” said Rex Ryan after the game Sunday. “I loved coming here (to coach Buffalo) because I knew he was on the team, but it’s like, golly let’s get him healthy and get him to where he can be Sammy Watkins. That would be awesome.”

Watkins will be re-evaluated on Monday.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/09/27/watkins-update-2/

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet: After tests this morning, #Bills WR Sammy Watkins was diagnosed with a mild calf sprain and will be day-to-day. Not all that bad.

Phew!

The first two TDs show you Sammy's value, as he took two defenders away from the area that the throws went...we need him in this offense.

This guy is tissue soft. Once that calf heals, it will be an ankle or hip again.

Definitely!

He does seem brittle. Whenever you see him in workout clothes he looks very ripped. He might be a case of one who works out too hard, becoming more susceptible to injury.

But, but, but... somebody just said the opposite!

Nobody knows how to strain a calf like Boyst does.

Okay, Gug - get Boyst to referee the above two posters in a Thunderdome match... one man enters... no one leaves.

Phew!

The first two TDs show you Sammy's value, as he took two defenders away from the area that the throws went...we need him in this offense.

Remember how everyone use to say the same thing about Lee Evans? I just hope this isn't version 2.0

I read an article a few days ago that indicates that this year has one of highest injury occurrences in NFL history. It seems like with the length of the season, they key is about preserving as many players as possible, for as long as possible.

Some theories are that because of the limits that the collective bargaining agreement puts on practice time, players aren't really in "football shape" until 4 or 5 games into the season. Another theory is that lack of practice reps is hurting offensive line play.

I think in Sammy's case, they decided to hold him out since the game was under control. Maybe in a tighter game he would have come back in later.

I would expect that the players and the league are going to have to come to some sort of agreement. Maybe eliminating two preseason games in favor of more practice time?

I felt it was good sign to see him on the sidelines enjoying himself instead of in getting treatment. Not that I know how NFL trainers address a calf strain. Either way, if its dinged up, I hope that he gets it back to where it should be before coming back so that it doesn't linger all season. Obviously I was hoping to see him play this weekend, but rather see him make it down the stretch.

I felt it was good sign to see him on the sidelines enjoying himself instead of in getting treatment. Not that I know how NFL trainers address a calf strain. Either way, if its dinged up, I hope that he gets it back to where it should be before coming back so that it doesn't linger all season. Obviously I was hoping to see him play this weekend, but rather see him make it down the stretch.

You could still be in pain and laugh you know?

Watkins is good. Rex held him out just as a precaution. Id expect Rex to play with the media and keep the Giants guessing.

Look for him to be questionable on Friday and Full Go Sunday.

Imo

Really went out on a limb with that one.

Watkins is good. Rex held him out just as a precaution. Id expect Rex to play with the media and keep the Giants guessing.

Look for him to be questionable on Friday and Full Go Sunday.

Imo

But when will they cut EJ?

Phew!

So Sammy is at best a good decoy? Would be nice to have a reliable #2, one that can play the whole game, to go with Harvin (our true #1). Watkins, 3 games, 7 catches, 99 yards, 1 TD. The TD came when the NE game was all but lost. Then he failed to make a big play on a high throw when we had a small chance to come back to tie. This guy has not shown anything since the first half of last season.

So Sammy is at best a good decoy? Would be nice to have a reliable #2, one that can play the whole game, to go with Harvin (our true #1). Watkins, 3 games, 7 catches, 99 yards, 1 TD. The TD came when the NE game was all but lost. Then he failed to make a big play on a high throw when we had a small chance to come back to tie. This guy has not shown anything since the first half of last season.

If you want to carry on a crusade against Sammy, do it in your own thread that you started for that exact purpose.

Do not put bull-crap words into my mouth to make an otherwise-indefensible point.

You mad bro? Is he tapping your mom or something? You couldn't have caught that ball with Cris Carter's hands. Save your rabble rousing for a week after a loss, youll find a better appetite for it.

You mad bro? Is he tapping your mom or something? You couldn't have caught that ball with Cris Carter's hands. Save your rabble rousing for a week after a loss, youll find a better appetite for it.

Can understand his point, seems like one or two people trying to bash Sammy anytime mentioned on a thread, would be nice to be able to have a positive talk without all the mellow dramatic bashers jumping in.

The last sentence just shows you haven't watched the games closely enough -- or you don't know football. It's one or the other because Sammy has definitely shown up and impacted games.