Week 3: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan Cameron goes Full Jauron

@OmarKelly: "It is hard to win in the NFL. We have to find a way to win again," Jordan Cameron."We're frustrated, but have to find a way to move on"

Everybody knows you never go full Jauron, jeez........

Philbin Reviews Film From Jaguars Game (13:19)
Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin addresses the media to share his comments on Sunday's game in Jacksonville following his review of the game film. Watch as Philbin responds to questions about the high number of penalties in Sunday's game, the run blocking and his message to the players as they returned to the facility on Monday.

Coyle Discusses Defensive Play Vs. Jaguars (11:33)
Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle meets with the media on Monday to analyze all aspects of the defensive performance of the team in Sunday's game in Jacksonville. Watch for Coyle's comments on Ndamukong Suh play and get his insight on an unique play by cornerback Brent Grimes.

State Of The Offense With Bill Lazor (11:01)
Dolphins offensive coordinator Bill Lazor answers questions from reporters about the play of the offense in Sunday's 23-20 loss to the Jaguars. Listen for Lazor's comments on Rishard Matthews, DeVante Parker and the overall play of the team's offensive line.

I like this gem from Finhaven: "Poll: How many yards will the Bills have rushing against us?"

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?369008-How-many-yards-rushing-will-the-Bills-have-against-us

Most think 150 - 200, but answers include "A million", "1,000" and "roughly 7,000...no that's not a typo".

Any of those would be great, really...

I think our defense returns to form in a mean and meaningful way.

Yesterday's loss may prove to be blessing in the long run. It's been non-stop hype since Rex was hired and I think it reached a crescendo with Ryan's elevation of this game to almost playoff status. It's time they come back down to earth and get hungry again. Especially on defense.

Offensively, Roman has his hands full with trying to develop TT into a pocket QB while also needing to call designed QB runs, rolling pockets, and rollouts. Our receivers haven been getting open for two weeks in a row and it must be frustrating to see that potential not realized.

GO BILLS!!!

I like this gem from Finhaven: "Poll: How many yards will the Bills have rushing against us?"

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?369008-How-many-yards-rushing-will-the-Bills-have-against-us

Most think 150 - 200, but answers include "A million", "1,000" and "roughly 7,000...no that's not a typo".

Any of those would be great, really...

lol my fantasy team sucks and it would really help if Shady rushed for a million yards this sunday

2015 NFL on CBS Announcers & Distribution: Week 3

BUF.pngMIA.png

Spero Dedes with Solomon Wilcots

Distribution:

WKRG - Mobile, AL
WFSB - Hartford, CT
WINK - Fort Myers, FL
WGFL - Gainesville, FL
WJAX - Jacksonville, FL
WFOR - Miami, FL
WKMG - Orlando, FL
WECP - Panama City, FL
WCTV - Tallahassee, FL
WTSP - Tampa, FL
WPEC - West Palm Beach, FL
WABI - Bangor, ME
WGME - Portland, ME
WAGM - Presque Isle, ME
WBZ - Boston, MA
WSHM - Springfield, MA
WRGB - Albany, NY
WBNG - Binghamton, NY
WIVB - Buffalo, NY
WCBS - New York, NY
WROC - Rochester, NY
WTVH - Syracuse, NY
WWNY - Watertown, NY
WSEE - Erie, PA
WPRI - Providence, RI
WCAX - Burlington, VT

At the beginning of the season I thought the O line would be at least average. After watching the first two games where the Ds they faced were not particularly great the O line appears to be below mediocre. In addition in spite of the first half against an incredibly mediocre Colts team the D hasn't been much better.

I think the fins D line is going to give the Bill's O fits and Taylor is going to spend most of his time running for his life. Now in running for his life he manages to escape 4 or 5 times for 30 yds each then its possible for a Bills' win..one can always hope. The big Q for this game is "Will the Bills D of last year show up?" If it shows like this last Sunday get ready for a depressing Monday.

I don't understand how we are the underdogs here. But still, that D-line is going to give us fits. The good news is that outside of Grimes their DBs are not very good. Their linebackers, unlike NE are not very good, so if we can get Shady to the second level they can really do some damage, especially on screens.

And most importantly, even for all their changes in the offseason, their offense really is inferior to the Colts. If we could shut them down, we can shut the Miami offense down.

I don't understand how we are the underdogs here. But still, that D-line is going to give us fits. The good news is that outside of Grimes their DBs are not very good. Their linebackers, unlike NE are not very good, so if we can get Shady to the second level they can really do some damage, especially on screens.

And most importantly, even for all their changes in the offseason, their offense really is inferior to the Colts. If we could shut them down, we can shut the Miami offense down.

Perhaps this week we'll feature the short passing game and fewer inside zone concepts in the run game. IMO, that's how you attack an aggressive front (sort of like NE did to us last week).

In spite of our O-Line, our running game has still been effective, thanks to the talents of McCoy, Karlos and Taylor. I would descrife our running game as "opportunistic" with talented guys running for open space instead of through holes created by the O-Line. Pass protection hasn't been very good - it seemed like the pocket was getting pushed back into Taylor pretty easily by the Patriots.

I felt the hype around the Dolphins was overblown this off season, but winning in Miami in the September heat is a real challenge. Every week so far has been a huge game for us and this one is big too. My countdown to Sunday starts every Monday.

FP

Whatever advantage we have against their defense isn't gonna matter much if we give up 30 points. Hopefully our defense shows up this week. Currently we have the 28th ranked defense.

In spite of our O-Line, our running game has still been effective, thanks to the talents of McCoy, Karlos and Taylor. I would descrife our running game as "opportunistic" with talented guys running for open space instead of through holes created by the O-Line. Pass protection hasn't been very good - it seemed like the pocket was getting pushed back into Taylor pretty easily by the Patriots.

I felt the hype around the Dolphins was overblown this off season, but winning in Miami in the September heat is a real challenge. Every week so far has been a huge game for us and this one is big too. My countdown to Sunday starts every Monday.

FP

I actually think that the run blocking was mostly solid on Sunday. They blew NE off the ball on the first series, when plays were coming from under center and with a rhythm-style running attack. When they went to the inside zone stuff is when the run game was ineffective IMO. So much of the running game is about timing; Roman needs to get comfortable with what approaches result in the best timing for this offense and stick to them (primarily--nothing wrong with throwing some wrinkles into the mix to keep teams honest).

Pass pro has been less than stellar. I'm hoping that'll get better with experience and the return of Kromer. I do, however, think that Taylor caused some of his own protection problems on Sunday.

Dolphins have penalty problems too

There’s no debating that the Bills have to cut back on their penalty count, which currently leads the league at 25 through two games in 2015. But the Miami Dolphins are not far behind after committing 13 alone in their Week 2 loss at Jacksonville this past Sunday.

“Thirteen penalties are unacceptable, it’s way too many,” said Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin of his team’s yellow flag total from Sunday. “I think I was right in saying it’s the most we’ve ever had since I’ve been here.

I expect a loss unfortunately.

You wouldn't be you if you didn't.

May I go on record as saying that I hate 4 pm games?

I love this one. I have to work till three Sunday. Even more good news, Bills are on local TV in Boston for the third week in a row. Edited by PromoTheRobot

@OmarKelly: Dolphins problems: 1. O-line is BAD. 2. No run game. 3. D-line isn't what was advertised. 4. A ton of injuries. 5. Young safety 6. LBer play

:lol: He's their Rodak. Most of their fans HATE him. He gets destroyed on Finheaven.

This tweet from Rodak last night may never be topped:

@mikerodak: Doug Marrone opting out to take a job in the AFC South ain't looking so bad. Shrewd career move IMO.

Man, that's amazing.

Well that narrows things down. :blink: What exactly did Whaley do wrong?

@mikerodak: Whaley responsible for week 2 loss, failed to sign QB that can out duel Brady.

Sportsline.com Game Forecast

We have a slight lean on Buffalo. Our line is Buffalo +1. The public may be on Buffalo, but the line has moved in favor of Miami.

TRENDS SUPPORTING OUR PICK

• Buffalo Bills 6-3 On Road since last season
  • Miami Dolphins 3-4-1 At Home since last season
  • Buffalo Bills 8-3 As Underdog or PK since last season
  • Miami Dolphins 5-6 As Favorite since last season
  • Buffalo Bills 5-2 As Road Underdog since last season
  • Miami Dolphins 2-4 As Home Favorite since last season

@OmarKelly

Dolphins converted 5-of-15 third downs. Two bad drops, 3 bad throws from Tannehill, 2 drop downs short of marker, 3 bad O-line plays.

@TyDunne

Incognito returns to Miami this wk. Wants to put it all behind him but says "the MNF guys will probably be talking about it 5 yr from now."

@mikerodak

Bills G Richie Incognito compares his return to Miami this weekend to any former player facing his old team,... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0438002444299931790-4

Edited by 26CornerBlitz