Bills practice squad

djp14150

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard others say the same, what is this based on? From what I heard and it sounds like you as well, he's shown nothing. Nothing.

O'Leary was the Mackey award winner and deserved to be so. As an FSU guy who's seen nearly all their games for a while, he always made big plays, tough catches, etc.

The guy I've heard about in Bills' practices, and seen in pre-season games doesn't look like the same guy. Big disappointment, but he showed too much in college not to give him a good long chance to catch up.

OTOH - I am astonished at how well Karlos Williams has been doing. I thought he was a possible bust - great athlete but seemed very raw as a runner, terrible at finding the hole, etc. Not surprising for a kid who switched from Safety to RB just a couple of years ago, but I'm glad to see I was wrong about him (or he's improved a lot)!

Edited by BobChalmers

That's what she said! :D

O'Leary was the Mackey award winner and deserved to be so. As an FSU guy who's seen nearly all their games for a while, he always made big plays, tough catches, etc.

The guy I've heard about in Bills' practices, and seen in pre-season games doesn't look like the same guy. Big disappointment, but he showed too much in college not to give him a good long chance to catch up.

OTOH - I am astonished at how well Karlos Williams has been doing. I thought he was a possible bust - great athlete but seemed very raw as a runner, terrible at finding the hole, etc. Not surprising for a kid who switched from Safety to RB just a couple of years ago, but I'm glad to see I was wrong about him (or he's improved a lot)!

Bob i respect your posts and take consideration to your words.

O Leary needs time. lets hope he sucked bad enough to not get picked up. lol

In the olden days he might be good enough make the roster even though he showed badly, so thats a plus right! he might be overwhelmed by the speed and complexity of the NFL?

But about Karlos. lets just keep our hats upon our heads for now shall we please?

he has barely played and against scrubs in a vanilla scrum or two.

and he has been injured most of the preseason. with a mystery ailment.

But honestly he might have something if he works hard.

I've heard others say the same, what is this based on? From what I heard and it sounds like you as well, he's shown nothing. Nothing.

Ya, regarding O'Leary...Gragg and Gray are better. I don't see O'Leary ever getting above them or Clay on the depth chart this year or next or maybe ever. And, Mulligan is a totally different skill set. I would be fine letting the project go. It's not B.C he was poor, but, because TWO others got better and will continue to do so!! Isn't it nice when coaching improves offensive players?! Instead of regressing them. Sorry had to toss that in. Edited by Manther

The Bills are just teasing me when it comes to Alex Tanney! lol

What a roller coaster for those guys who bounce around practice squads

So for the poster who said how stacked we were how come no top teams are signing our rejects? Maybe we aren't as stacked as some folks thought.

Falcons signed Simms. does that count.

Seahawks signed Fred and NE was hot for him.

Maybe we dont know everything yet?

Bills are more loaded than they have been in eons. thats good and bad LOL!

O'Leary to the PS?! Solid.

true?

He looked a lot better than O'Leary.

True, but a team is going to prioritize its own rookie draft picks over UDFAs like 99% of the time. See Dez Lewis getting a practice squad spot over Andre Davis, for example. But given the lack of pass-rush and D-line depth, I'm surprised it was Reed who was let go, rather than Noel or Cierre Wood. Especially Wood, come to think of it. We already have 4 halfbacks on the active roster - why do we need another for the practice squad?

True, but a team is going to prioritize its own rookie draft picks over UDFAs like 99% of the time. See Dez Lewis getting a practice squad spot over Andre Davis, for example. But given the lack of pass-rush and D-line depth, I'm surprised it was Reed who was let go, rather than Noel or Cierre Wood. Especially Wood, come to think of it. We already have 4 halfbacks on the active roster - why do we need another for the practice squad?

I agree.

I think O'Leary is one of these bums who we just won't seem to be able to get rid of and sticks around too long. Like a Tuel

As long as he sticks on the PS. Unless/until he shows something.

I thought Wood looked pretty good - worth developing. Brown's contract is up after this year - UFA. Not sure about Boobie.

what suspension??? am i misrembering things?

nevermind, the news just reached me

Whats the deal IK and his suspension? Can he remain there since they don't count as part of the 53? Just means he's not eligible to be activated while on suspension? Even if that's true why bother with him since a purpose of PS is having guys ready in case of injury to the 53

wait a minute...wasn't precedent or lack thereof the whole reason behind Brady's suspension being dropped???

There isn't much precedent for punishment of teammates who fight each other in the locker room, but Buffalo Bills pass rusher IK Enemkpali was given at least a four-game suspension, which could be as many as six games
Edited by The Poojer