B/R Report: Rex wants to start Tyrod, other coaches split

johnwalter

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why that is funny? Cole is a good NFL reporter.

It's funny because Rex explicitly said that they're not making any decision public until the start of the season. It's laughable that you think this bleacher reporter is leaking the inside scoop the very next day.

It's funny because Rex explicitly said that they're not making any decision public until the start of the season. It's laughable that you think this bleacher reporter is leaking the inside scoop the very next day.

That isn't public. Public would be Rex declaring a starter. A good NFL reporter getting info is beyond common and not public. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I put this in another thread but...

I saw the actual interview with Cole where he says this. It seems to me that it is really premature and they said it before yesterday's game, and as a general idea. What he actually said was the other coaches think that Cassell will likely make less mistakes. Well duh. That is no earth shattering news. They are using the preseason to see if Taylor is not going to be making mistakes and he didn't yesterday which was after these opinions were expressed. Plus we have next week. Going into the preseason games I would have thought that Cassell was a safer bet, too. I don't think this report, right now, is any news and may not even be true anymore, even though Cole was talking about it today.

There will be info leaked well in advance of actual game day vs. Indy on who the starter is. Someone is going to be practicing with the first team offense that week. Rex will tell the the team in advance. I like the idea of keeping it under wraps to mess with them, but it should be fairly well know by game day.

I put this in another thread but...

I saw the actual interview with Cole where he says this. It seems to me that it is really premature and they said it before yesterday's game, and as a general idea. What he actually said was the other coaches think that Cassell will likely make less mistakes. Well duh. That is no earth shattering news. They are using the preseason to see if Taylor is not going to be making mistakes and he didn't yesterday which was after these opinions were expressed. Plus we have next week. Going into the preseason games I would have thought that Cassell was a safer bet, too. I don't think this report, right now, is any news and may not even be true anymore, even though Cole was talking about it today.

That's what I recall. Certainly less catchy than how they're spinning it now.

Rex didn't make a decision public. Cole could have gotten info from a player, an equipment guy, or whoever. Didn't have to get info from a coach. Although Kromer is on staff. Not like a coach would talk about inside pool to a reporter, oh wait...

There will be info leaked well in advance of actual game day vs. Indy on who the starter is. Someone is going to be practicing with the first team offense that week. Rex will tell the the team in advance. I like the idea of keeping it under wraps to mess with them, but it should be fairly well know by game day.

Pretty easy to leak counter information that the other two will start to throw shade against the correct "leaked" info. Would expect if they want to keep the identity of the starter classified they would do some subterfuge.

Edited by YattaOkasan

I'm not digging it up. You can believe it or not but it was around draft time. The back of his head was in the video as they were making the pick.

FWIW, i'll provide independent verification that he did infact post that back during the draft. I think it was in one of the draft threads after we drafted some dude.

And no, kirby has not paid me in any way to say that.