B/R Report: Rex wants to start Tyrod, other coaches split

johnwalter

Majority wins.

Either Cassel or T Mob can take us to the playoffs.

I trust the coaches to make the best decision.

Go Bills!!

Imo

So if the totally unexpected happens and the coaches start EJ, does that mean you will then think it is the best decision?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? He was brought in to create a dynamic running game. Which by the way, Tyrod adds a great deal to.

No he wasn't brought in here to ONLY create a dynamic running game. He's called "offensive coordinator" for a reason. That means designed plays and includes passing the ball and who he believes can best open up the playbook so "who cares?" Only owners, players, fans. It's extremely important who he wants. Edited by seq004

Silly BF4E, Trix are for Rabbits.

Thanks for your continued contributions.

Imo

He called you out on your prediction. How is that a trick? EJ won't be cut. You have no connections. You made one wild ass guess and a handful of idiots thought you had a source. You're a troll. And you're not even !@#$ing good at it. Go back to the Range.

Now that's funny.

Me too. I suspect it would be Manuel. Cassel can not be a difference maker. Taylor could be, but he has never started a real game in the NFL and there will be a big learning curve. Manuel, despite the fact that this is not popular, is the best combination for Roman's offense.

I don't think EJ is ready as of yet. I like how his pocket awareness has improved. I like how he continues to look downfield when scrambling. Wish he'd use his legs more to keep drives alive. I think he needs a "lil" more seasoning, but a good showing with the 1s against Pittsburgh could sway my opinion.

Tyrod is clearly better than EJ and Cassel. He's the guy that's sat behind the all pro, Super Bowl winning QB. He's the guy that's been groomed (and thankfully, not by Buffalo). It's his time and he has showed in both games.

Tyrod is the same guy Ozzie Newsome allowed out the door in UFA and replaced with Matt Schaub.

Being a clipboard holder doesn't mean the starter's magic pixie dust spreads to the backup.

Tyrod is the same guy Ozzie Newsome allowed out the door in UFA and replaced with Matt Schaub.

Being a clipboard holder doesn't mean the starter's magic pixie dust spreads to the backup.

Uhh last I checked, Taylor was a free agent and left because he wanted a legitimate shot at starting somewhere. Your pixie dust point is certainly true bit several teams were interested in Taylor. Newsome would've loved to have kept him as a backup.

Uhh last I checked, Taylor was a free agent and left because he wanted a legitimate shot at starting somewhere. Your pixie dust point is certainly true bit several teams were interested in Taylor. Newsome would've loved to have kept him as a backup.

How many QBs who've been coveted as backups after four years in the league have gone on to be great starters?

We signed one of those. Brian Brohm. These guys are career backups for a reason.

I rarely disagree with you but as Metzelaars said he left to get a chance to start.

You don't have to put in a lot of work to get a fat contract if you have a little timely success as a starting QB.

How many QBs who've been coveted as backups after four years in the league have gone on to be great starters?

We signed one of those. Brian Brohm. These guys are career backups for a reason.

Not many. Not my point. The guy said that Newsome just let Taylor go. My point was that Taylor chose Buffalo for a reason.

Steve Young and Aaron Rogers are two off the top of my head. Oh, Brett Favre too. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Was Brohm coveted as a backup?

I'm not sure, to be honest, what the phrase "coveted as a backup" really means, nor the phrase "great starter".

If we're more prosaically looking at guys who either sat, or were considered marginal/busts during their first several years, then emerged as starters, there's quite the distinguished list:

-Aaron Rodgers sat 3 years before getting his shot

-Alex Smith was widely considered a bust during his first 5 seasons in SF, before leading the team to a 13-3 record in his 6th season and now starting for KC

-Matt Schaub sat for 3 years in Atl before emerging in Hou. Though he hit some kind of wall in 2013 at age 32, he gave Houston 6 very good years as a starter and contributed to 2 playoff appearances.

-While not precisely a bust, Drew Brees was so unimpressive his first 3 years in San Diego they acquired Rivers early in the 1st to replace him - before Brees took off.

-going further back, Steve Young of course

Of recent years, the league has become "succeed immediately or bust" but it has happened in the recent past

Steve Young and Aaron Rogers are two off the top of my head. Oh, Brett Favre too.

And all of them had Joe Flacco to beat out, right? Or, I don't know, Montana and Favre. And Favre was traded from Atlanta because Jerry Glanville is an idiot.

Was Brohm coveted as a backup?

I'm not sure, to be honest, what the phrase "coveted as a backup" really means, nor the phrase "great starter".

If we're more prosaically looking at guys who either sat, or were considered marginal/busts during their first several years, then emerged as starters, there's quite the distinguished list:

-Aaron Rodgers sat 3 years before getting his shot

-Alex Smith was widely considered a bust during his first 5 seasons in SF, before leading the team to a 13-3 record in his 6th season and now starting for KC

-Matt Schaub sat for 3 years in Atl before emerging in Hou. Though he hit some kind of wall in 2013 at age 32, he gave Houston 6 very good years as a starter and contributed to 2 playoff appearances.

-While not precisely a bust, Drew Brees was so unimpressive his first 3 years in San Diego they acquired Rivers early in the 1st to replace him - before Brees took off.

-going further back, Steve Young of course

Of recent years, the league has become "succeed immediately or bust" but it has happened in the recent past

Everyone you mention was widely known as an imminent starter, just waiting in the wings. Tyrod Taylor was never that. He was backing up a horrible QB.

And all of them had Joe Flacco to beat out, right? Or, I don't know, Montana and Favre. And Favre was traded from Atlanta because Jerry Glanville is an idiot.

Everyone you mention was widely known as an imminent starter, just waiting in the wings. Tyrod Taylor was never that. He was backing up a horrible QB.

There ya have it folks. We can all say we remember where we were the first time anyone ever referred to Joe Flacco as a horrible qb. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Horseradish. No one was mentioning Matt Schaub as an imminent starter. He was sitting behind Vick at the height of his first go. No one was mentioning Smith as "imminent" - he WAS the starter, given every opportunity befitting a #1 overall pick, and he flamed out and made top 5 QB busts of all time lists. Likewise Brees, he was starting, and not doing so well his first 3 seasons. Young, also and when he was sitting behind Montana, he was firmly established as "career backup, flamed out in TB as a starter" with 4 1/2 years on the bench.

As for Flacco, referring to him as a "horrible QB" - I would love to have a horrible QB like that to take our team to playoffs 6 out of 7 years and win a superbowl. Wow, that would suck if he were the QB here.

:rolleyes:

He called you out on your prediction. How is that a trick? EJ won't be cut. You have no connections. You made one wild ass guess and a handful of idiots thought you had a source. You're a troll. And you're not even !@#$ing good at it. Go back to the Range.

Well technically he guessed correctly on Rex, Roman, and Darby. He also stated early on that EJ was no longer part of the organization's plans, which seems to be true, even if the cut prediction was incorrect.

Not trying to get in the way of your "anti-Bills" crusade but his largest contract offer came from his OC.

There ya have it folks. We can all say we remember where we were the first time anyone ever referred to Joe Flacco as a horrible qb.

Isn't he like the winningest QB in playoff history?

Well technically he guessed correctly on Rex, Roman, and Darby. He also stated early on that EJ was no longer part of the organization's plans, which seems to be true, even if the cut prediction was incorrect.

Yeah, questioning Leroi's credibility is ridiculous. Questioning his sanity is expected. He has proven to have a great source; there is no denying that