B/R Report: Rex wants to start Tyrod, other coaches split

johnwalter

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who the hell is on Buffalo Rumble (whatever B/R is) and actually thinks they have real Leroi insider info?

so could Meh or TT. your point?

Bleacher Report (Jason Cole specifically) has the report. He is a veteran NFL reporter that has scoops all of the time.

In terms of Leroi he absolutely has inside info. There isn't 1 person on this message board that can debate that. He gave us Rex (way before anyone else), he gave us Roman (when everyone thought Trestman), and Darby as well. Not liking his opinions is totally different from "he doesn't have inside info."

Bleacher Report (Jason Cole specifically) has the report. He is a veteran NFL reporter that has scoops all of the time.

In terms of Leroi he absolutely has inside info. There isn't 1 person on this message board that can debate that. He gave us Rex (way before anyone else), he gave us Roman (when everyone thought Trestman), and Darby as well. Not liking his opinions is totally different from "he doesn't have inside info."

Oh, they can debate it. Just not rationally

Again, I can tell you as a fact that Roman wants Cassel to be his starter. If last night changed his mind somehow, that could be. But prior to last night, Roman was firmly in Cassel's corner and Roman will have a huge say in who the starter is. Translation: Cassel will probably be the starter.

LINK PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Why would Roman want THE least mobile QB guy to run his O???

Greg Roman wants to be a head coach.

His best bet to get the attention he needs to get that shot is to win with Matt Cassel. (1)

First....because Cassel will run the plays the way he asks and the results will be predictable and allow Roman to execute his methodical attack.(1a)

Should we just trust Roman?

I know there is ever growing support here for Tyrod. I am one of those people. (2)

But let's not forget what he did with Alex Smith. (3)

He and Roman laid the biggest offensive beatdown in Bills history on the team when it traveled to SF three years ago.

Cassel is a slightly more broken down version of Smith......if Roman gets HIM to light it up he becomes probably the hottest HC commodity on the market by the end of the season.

If Tyrod comes in and does the Kaepernick thing......or even if he plays better.......Roman is going to get a whole lot less credit.

Personally.......from what I have seen this preseason......I don't think that Cassel will be able to survive the blocking of Wood and Incognito.

They were atrocious with Tyrod out there the other night.

(1) to prove he went with the safe has been? - Look ay Bellyache and his choice of has been/s in Cleveland

(1a) except Meh isn't mobile

(2) say what? No TT support? clean your glasses or screen

(3) Didn't they run Alex out of town?

OMG I stopped at broken down version of Alex

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think Rex will defer to Roman on the QB if Roman feels that strongly about a certain guy.

If it works everyone is a genius. If it doesn't Rex pulls whoever it is and puts in Tyrod. If THAT works everyone ends up looking like a genius again.

If both fail then everyone fails anyway.

LINK PLEASE!!!!!!!!

(1) to prove he went with the safe has been? - Look ay Bellyache and his choice of has been/s in Cleveland

1.....No, to prove he can win with a QB who is considered mediocre. There may not be a more attractive trait for a HC candidate.

1a.....exactly. Mobile QB's get credit for the plays they make with their feet and having to do so can make it appear that the OC isn't doing his job particularly well.

2.....as I said......there IS GROWING SUPPORT FOR TAYLOR......and I AM ONE OF THOSE SUPPORTERS

3.....No, they traded Smith to KC for a high second rounder plus a conditional pick to make room for Kaepernick after Kaep took them to the SB when he replaced the injured Smith in-season.

I was going to post the "Roman wants Cassel because of his experience" theory. I think it makes sense because Roman is looking for a HC'ing gig. If he can improve it, a la Pettine, he possibly can get a HC'ing gig, like Pettine. Cassel theoretically is safer and likely to improve the offense whereas TT may need time to get up to speed.

Horseradish. No one was mentioning Matt Schaub as an imminent starter. He was sitting behind Vick at the height of his first go. No one was mentioning Smith as "imminent" - he WAS the starter, given every opportunity befitting a #1 overall pick, and he flamed out and made top 5 QB busts of all time lists. Likewise Brees, he was starting, and not doing so well his first 3 seasons. Young, also and when he was sitting behind Montana, he was firmly established as "career backup, flamed out in TB as a starter" with 4 1/2 years on the bench.

As for Flacco, referring to him as a "horrible QB" - I would love to have a horrible QB like that to take our team to playoffs 6 out of 7 years and win a superbowl. Wow, that would suck if he were the QB here.

:rolleyes:

Shaub had a pretty big trade package sent to make him the Texans starter.

I think what's trying to be angled is that those guys had lots of people interested in starting them while Taylor was thought of as a guy that would be a good backup by most, realistically. I think that's generally fair as a spring 2015 assessment even if he wins the job

Leroi works @ OBD. And with a handle like Leroi (The King) he may well be Russ Brandon.

It's funny - he's managed to be a guy that has something we all want: inside insights; yet has managed to be a consistent enough intentional troll that no one likes him!

LINK PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I'm going to tell you this once. Four people have already PM'd me and I have happily told them my source. Let me put it this way: if you started to make a ranking of the people on planet earth who would be the most credible source on this, before you got to number five, you would have named the guy who I talked to for hours on Thursday and told me directly. This was more of a one time encounter, whereas I have regular sources in national sportswriters and an occasional source on the Bills. So there you have it. It's not like I'm trying to tell you who killed Kennedy, I'm telling you that, at least before Thursday, Roman was solidly in Cassel's corner. I don't have a link and I'm not even guaranteeing he will start. Ask John Wawrow, I'm sure he could tell you the same thing. And again, I don't know how far you go back on this site but I have broken a story or two around here.

Rich Gannon

Jim Harbaugh and Stan Humphries are two guys who kind of emerged from the ashes to be pretty good for a while. I'm sure I could name plenty more. That's what people don't understand- we don't need a guy to emerge as a pro bowl QB. If we could get Jim Harbaugh Colts level of play from one of these guys, the Bills would be a legit Super Bowl contender. That's why it's not a crazy idea to go with a guy who could play solid, game managing football, rather than cross your fingers that another guy is better than that when he could be worse.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I'm going to tell you this once. Four people have already PM'd me and I have happily told them my source. Let me put it this way: if you started to make a ranking of the people on planet earth who would be the most credible source on this, before you got to number five, you would have named the guy who I talked to for hours on Thursday and told me directly. This was more of a one time encounter, whereas I have regular sources in national sportswriters and an occasional source on the Bills. So there you have it. It's not like I'm trying to tell you who killed Kennedy, I'm telling you that, at least before Thursday, Roman was solidly in Cassel's corner. I don't have a link and I'm not even guaranteeing he will start. Ask John Wawrow, I'm sure he could tell you the same thing. And again, I don't know how far you go back on this site but I have broken a story or to around here.

In your opinion, did your source seem enthused, skeptical or indifferent about Roman's opinion?

In your opinion, did your source seem enthused, skeptical or indifferent about Roman's opinion?

My source thinks Cassel sucks, will start opening day and Taylor will replace him within the first month of the season. He thinks there is an incredible buzz around Taylor throughout the league and the Bills may be onto something with him. When I asked him if/how Manuel factors into this, he said he does not. This was Thursday. Did this unbelievable performance by Manuel that some of you speak of change his prospects? I don't know, neither of us watched the game, we were at the baseball game drinking all night.

My source thinks Cassel sucks, will start opening day and Taylor will replace him within the first month of the season. He thinks there is an incredible buzz around Taylor throughout the league and the Bills may be onto something with him. When I asked him if/how Manuel factors into this, he said he does not. This was Thursday. Did this unbelievable performance by Manuel that some of you speak of change his prospects? I don't know, neither of us watched the game, we were at the baseball game drinking all night.

Thanks.

I was going to post the "Roman wants Cassel because of his experience" theory. I think it makes sense because Roman is looking for a HC'ing gig. If he can improve it, a la Pettine, he possibly can get a HC'ing gig, like Pettine. Cassel theoretically is safer and likely to improve the offense whereas TT may need time to get up to speed.

Although in SF, he went with inexperience over experience with a good team. Smith was the safe bet, but Kaepernick got him to the Super Bowl.

Although in SF, he went with inexperience over experience with a good team. Smith was the safe bet, but Kaepernick got him to the Super Bowl.

Don't know this but I imagine at that point in his career that Harbaugh made the call and not Roman. Maybe Roman agreed with it, who knows. But I would bet anything, as a former QB and power hungry guy, Harbaugh decided who played.

You are assuming it was Roman's choice in San Francisco. People should be smart enough to realize that just because Jim Harbaugh had a guy on his roster who he drafted himself, had a cannon for an arm, ran like a gazelle and decided to start, that has absolutely zero correlation whatsoever with Roman preferring a mobile QB.

Edited by metzelaars_lives