Sunday Ticket - Start your Engines

Griz

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whenever I call I always get told they don't currently have any offers,. spoke with retention dept had the pin and everything, I did get a $10 and a $5 credit off my bill for the next 12 months, plus a one time $20 credit, so the call wasn't a complete waste, but no ST discount. He told me to call back in another month or so and they more likely will have some deals which is usually around the time in prior years I did call in late July. He kind of eluded to the fact that I could probably get at least half off then if not better, but right now nothing more he could do.

I will add that I have a pretty stripped down account, have the Xtra package, whole house DVR, 2 TV's total, that's it no movie channels or anything else. That is usually what they kind of tell me I don't spend enough to warrant any great deals, kind of like playing at the $1 Black Jack table and expecting to be comped for my room.

Will see what happens next month, hate the time I end up spending on this every year dicking around back and forth, often involved hour long phone calls. At least tonight was a fast rejection.

I don't know whenever I call I always get told they don't currently have any offers,. spoke with retention dept had the pin and everything, I did get a $10 and a $5 credit off my bill for the next 12 months, plus a one time $20 credit, so the call wasn't a complete waste, but no ST discount. He told me to call back in another month or so and they more likely will have some deals which is usually around the time in prior years I did call in late July. He kind of eluded to the fact that I could probably get at least half off then if not better, but right now nothing more he could do.

I will add that I have a pretty stripped down account, have the Xtra package, whole house DVR, 2 TV's total, that's it no movie channels or anything else. That is usually what they kind of tell me I don't spend enough to warrant any great deals, kind of like playing at the $1 Black Jack table and expecting to be comped for my room.

Will see what happens next month, hate the time I end up spending on this every year dicking around back and forth, often involved hour long phone calls. At least tonight was a fast rejection.

Call back sometime in July, get to retention & tell them you called last month & the guy told me to call back in July & we should be able to give it to you for free. Act like it is a done deal & you just needed to call back to confirm. If they still won't budge & say "we have no record of this" then tell them "are you calling me a liar & ask what my buyout is if I would cancel now. Then when they tell you "well your under contract for 16 more months & it is going to cost you $300" say okay & then say because "so so is will to give me a $400 credit to come over & then say yeah I got to think about this & I may cancel. Once they hear that they have always have given me the ST for free. Sometimes I do not need to go this route as my contract will be up & they are more then willing to negotiate then. This year I think I may have to put some work in as I still have 15 months left on my contract. I have had ST for 12 years now & I think only 2 of the years I have paid half price. The other 10 years I have gotten it for free.

Edited by Gordio

As a digital subscriber, I'm always jealous of these deals you guys pull off.

When are they opening up the digital subscription ordering this year? What would be nice is if they add an app in Apple TV, or even Roku. Won't happen, but maybe they could at least provide airplay support.

Most ppl don't ask for deals bc they made a choice to order a service and they honor that choice by paying for it. I think it's ridiculous to always expect to get something for free which causes the paying customers to pay more but that's just my opinion.

Be happy you even hv the choice to order it as I can't even get DTV or the NFL to take my money. DTV is no longer an option for me due to trees that are not mine and DTV only offers their streaming service to select few. There is no reason why DTV and the NFL can't offer streaming of the ST to everyone.

They do offer streaming. Just click a box that says you can't get DTV in your area. I do it every year and stream it to my iPad when the Bills aren't playing the Jags and to my 65" TV when they are. $350 but beats going to a bar.

Well that's the good part, come July 16th my contract ends, so I'm free to dump them. So I am in a good position to get a good deal,

Call back sometime in July, get to retention & tell them you called last month & the guy told me to call back in July & we should be able to give it to you for free. Act like it is a done deal & you just needed to call back to confirm. If they still won't budge & say "we have no record of this" then tell them "are you calling me a liar & ask what my buyout is if I would cancel now. Then when they tell you "well your under contract for 16 more months & it is going to cost you $300" say okay & then say because "so so is will to give me a $400 credit to come over & then say yeah I got to think about this & I may cancel. Once they hear that they have always have given me the ST for free. Sometimes I do not need to go this route as my contract will be up & they are more then willing to negotiate then. This year I think I may have to put some work in as I still have 15 months left on my contract. I have had ST for 12 years now & I think only 2 of the years I have paid half price. The other 10 years I have gotten it for free.

You could have negotiated Sunday Ticket for no cost when you signed up. You should still make the call.

I have it for 2015. I was asking about 2016 to prepare myself

Last year I got center ice for free, well comped the full price as a one time credit. I called in August for some other "issue" and than commented that it showed it as 0$ and the rep said oh looks like your getting it no charge. In September when it was finally charged I called back said the rep in August said I was getting it free this year and the rep gave me the credit. Sometimes playing dumb works even if you have been a subscriber for 17 years.

Callback and just say ya read all these people getting max for free, new subs getting can ya do a little something for me? I usually get how about 1/2 off offer and 10$ a month for a year. I say thank you and usually bull **** with the rep for a while.

Well that's the good part, come July 16th my contract ends, so I'm free to dump them. So I am in a good position to get a good deal,

If your contract is up in July don't accept anything less then getting it for free. Make sure you get retention & just say I am going to shop around to see what else is out there. They will cave. I guaranty it. Your in a great spot with your contract coming up. You got all the leverage.

I've been a customer for 4 years and haven't been able to talk them into anything free.

Wow. I called one time just to ask a question about a pay-per-view event and they gave me all the movie channels free for 6 months just for being a "loyal customer." It hard not to get stuff for free from DTV. I have had the Sunday Ticket for 8 years and have never, ever paid full price for it.

Would you like to hire a consultant to make the call?

Called today. Got a nice young guy named Jason. Said I was the best part about DirecTV. They have a good pitch.

Anyway, I was paying $108.00/mth for last year plus Sunday Ticket. My subscription expires next month.

Told them finances are tight and we are switching back over to cable.

He got rid of the Protection Plan.

He gave me $20/mth for a year

Gave me another $10/mth for a year.

Gave me another $10/mth for year.

Gave me HBO/Cinemax and Showtime for 3 mths.

My monthly bill is down to $60/mth.

Ordered Sunday Ticket payable over 6 mths at $41.99/mth.

So basically, if you add up the discounts, I got the Sunday Ticket for free and saved a little extra on my monthly bill. I asked for the Sunday Ticket in addition t the discounts but he wasn't authorized at this time.

Very Happy with them.

They do offer streaming. Just click a box that says you can't get DTV in your area. I do it every year and stream it to my iPad when the Bills aren't playing the Jags and to my 65" TV when they are. $350 but beats going to a bar.

I don't see that option. The only thing I see is the following disclaimer:

*NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV service is only available to non-DIRECTV customers who live in a select apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend select universities, or live in one of the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco. NFLSUNDAYTICKET.TV UNIVERSITY only available to students enrolled in eligible universities

I live in a house, but my entire property is surrounded by trees and it's impossible to get DirectTV -- absent clear-cutting my yard.

I'm not very confident that will work though if you've previously had DTV at that same address. Obviously then you can get it. My take on it is DTV doesn't really care, they'll give it to you, and as long as you tell them no I can't receive it, they are happy and will be glad to take your money. But if you've had it prior at the same address or even if a prior owner of same address had it, they likely will say no because if they allow you to have it then they are knowingly breaking the law as opposed to you breaking the law by lying to them about whether you can receive it or not.

Called today. Got a nice young guy named Jason. Said I was the best part about DirecTV. They have a good pitch.

Anyway, I was paying $108.00/mth for last year plus Sunday Ticket. My subscription expires next month.

So basically, if you add up the discounts, I got the Sunday Ticket for free and saved a little extra on my monthly bill. I asked for the Sunday Ticket in addition t the discounts but he wasn't authorized at this time.

Very Happy with them.

just curious how long you have had DTV?

We had it for 8 years, then switched to cable for three years, now back at DTV for the last 3 years...so a total of 11-12 years

ok ... This is my second year and I would need to pay to get out of the contract if I wanted to cancel, so I was trying to formulate what to say to try to get a discount. I wasn't sure if they would take a threat to cancel seriously since I would have to pay to do it.

ok ... This is my second year and I would need to pay to get out of the contract if I wanted to cancel, so I was trying to formulate what to say to try to get a discount. I wasn't sure if they would take a threat to cancel seriously since I would have to pay to do it.

just tell them so & so has offered you a $400 credit to come over. That usually works for me.

I have DTV and used to have ST but cancelled because arguments with my wife over the ST cost.

So now on Sunday's I go to bars with bikini clad bartenders to watch the games.

If I signed up for Sunday Ticket I would have no excuse to go out.

It costs a lot more for a bucket or two of beer, wings and tips each week than an annual subscription of ST.

To me ST is not worth it even if they paid me to have it.

Edited by jumbalaya

I have DTV and used to have ST but cancelled because arguments with my wife over the ST cost.

So now on Sunday's I go to bars with bikini clad bartenders to watch the games.

If I signed up for Sunday Ticket I would have no excuse to go out.

It costs a lot more for a bucket or two of beer, wings and tips each week than an annual subscription of ST.

To me ST is not worth it even if they paid me to have it.

My analysis of your statements is that ST is less expensive than going out to a bar but that contradicts your first statement about overall cost.

It appears that you do not want ST under any circumstances so that you can get out once and a while to see bikini clad bartenders. But maybe I misinterpreted your statements..

Yolo... I think I said this before but go in saying you know your under contract but want the Sunday ticket but can't afford it. My experience is they will give you enough credits to get a chunk paid and free pay channels for at least a few months.

Yolo... I think I said this before but go in saying you know your under contract but want the Sunday ticket but can't afford it. My experience is they will give you enough credits to get a chunk paid and free pay channels for at least a few months.

thats my plan. I'm goin in!!

Twice I was on the 2nd year of contract and was able to get ST for roughly half off

I really hope direc TV loses this contract, they are by far the worst customer service company I've ever dealt with. I constantly have to call them about over charges. I've been with them for over 10 years ands it's ONLY been because of Sunday ticket.

My disdain for them is so much that I made this my first post on this site.

Greetings from a Bills fan in Miami.

I really hope direc TV loses this contract, they are by far the worst customer service company I've ever dealt with. I constantly have to call them about over charges. I've been with them for over 10 years ands it's ONLY been because of Sunday ticket.

Exact opposite of almost every one else, including me. Their customer is second to none in my mind.

Going to be a few more years......

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/directv-finally-cements-renewal-of-nfl-sunday-ticket-contract/

not sure what company you are dealing with. As one other stated they are the best at customer service. Their reps live in the USA, are well trained and always wanting to help or find ways to resolve issues

not sure what company you are dealing with. As one other stated they are the best at customer service. Their reps live in the USA, are well trained and always wanting to help or find ways to resolve issues

The few times I had to call with questions about my bill, they offered me discounts without me asking.

You have a very simple argument if you're in the NYC metro area:

Bills have 16 games.

- They play the Giants this year, so you'll get that on local TV. Down to 15 games.

- They play the Jets twice. Down to 13 games.

- The Jaguars game is on the internet only. Down to 12 games.

- They play the Patriots on Monday Night... down to 11 games.

- They play the NFC East... I guarantee you at least one of those will be aired in NYC. That's down to 10.

So about half the season is going to be on TV in the NY metro area... seems like a good argument to milk DirecTV for all they are worth.

Exact opposite of almost every one else, including me. Their customer is second to none in my mind.

Me three. I loved DirecTV. Only reason we got rid of it was because we moved back to WNY and ditched cable/satellite altogether. Bills games free over the air, we're at the home games anyway, and we get everything else we could want streaming via Netflix/Hulu, etc.

So you can get a good signal all the way up there on the second floor?

A relevant Suzanne Vega reference on a football message board??

I bow to you, sir. :worthy:

Edited by jimmy10

Very Happy with them.

This is what makes DTV so great. None of these cable companies will negotiate like this.

I am ten years strong at DTV/ticket and am looking forward to my annual call next month.

I have never had an issue with DTV that they haven't set straight, and given me more than I felt I deserved. I am a 17 year DTV/Sunday Ticket subscriber and love their customer service.

I was told they could shave $5 off of my monthly fees by bundling the billing with AT&T. I refused because they told me all my billing questions/concerns would be channeled through AT&T. Having a friendly person who can quickly "make it right" and give me freebies is worth $5/month easily, especially since free Sunday Ticket is usually one of the perks.