Sunday Ticket - Start your Engines

Griz

Never pay retail!!! I haggle with them about all programming...ask for customer retention but only after looking at a few past years threads for tips and tricks...the best advice I got here is if you aren't happy with the deal, tell them you will think about it and call again a few days later....often it just takes getting the right person at the right time...If the person who answers doesn't seem to enjoy their job and seems to be just reading cards and going through the motions, I tend to bail...the operators that you can have a pleasant conversation with seem to give the best deals in my experience...I have never paid more than half price, and the past two years I have got it for nothing...happy hunting and post your results for the good of the group!

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting... I signed up last year and got ST for free for signing up. I also have the initial 2 year contract. I suppose I will need to pay for it this year, but I'd really like to get at least a discount. Is it better to call now or closer to the season?

My experience has been to wait until preseason games start and thats when I start the whining that I know I'm under contract but now that footballs back I really want the ticket wahhhhhhhhh. Last year I got $10 off for a year, HBO, Skinamax and Showtime for three months and 5 bucks towards the sports pack I pay for. So I got at least half. This year its back to a clean slate. :thumbsup:

Most ppl don't ask for deals bc they made a choice to order a service and they honor that choice by paying for it. I think it's ridiculous to always expect to get something for free which causes the paying customers to pay more but that's just my opinion.

Be happy you even hv the choice to order it as I can't even get DTV or the NFL to take my money. DTV is no longer an option for me due to trees that are not mine and DTV only offers their streaming service to select few. There is no reason why DTV and the NFL can't offer streaming of the ST to everyone.

THERE are ways to get the DTV streaming service last year if you were not in the "select" area. I can't get DirectTV either because of the location of my house, and a DirectTV agent told me just to use the login of someone who had DirectTV to watch Sunday Ticket. I was taken aback by that.

When you have cable all you can watch is the same team every week

When all you can watch is the same team every week you get bored

When you get bored you try to become a football star yourself

When you try to become a football star yourself you try out for the Bills

When you try out for the Bills you make the team and become a starter

When you become a starter you disappoint

When you disappoint you get made fun on on twobillsdrive.com

Don't get made fun of on twobillsdrive.com. Get rid of cable and upgrade to DirecTV.

this is awesome.

Thanks for bringing this thread as my annual reminder. Last year I waited until the season was about to start and was shut out of deals for the first time in the past 5 years. It always seems that you need a way to get to their "closer" who has a totally different attitude than the general call desk people, talks fast, and is ready with a deal.

Just signed up for DTV last month when I moved into my house. They've got me on that initial two year contract, so I'm definitely going to have to pay full price for Sunday Ticket next season huh?

You could have negotiated Sunday Ticket for no cost when you signed up. You should still make the call.

Just called in as I couldn't get a chat window (I must not be special enough).... Had a half off offer, and the con elation department credited me the other half, so I essentially got it for free....

Does this have anything to do with the Murderers' jail break with help from the prison guard? :lol:

The internet tubes are chock full of choices, instead of paying those thieves a penny.

And being forced to hang a 20 century saucer off one's house. And cut down part of the woods to get HD.

So...you're going to steal the broadcast over the internet and you are calling them the thieves? Cool story bro.

I'd really like to know why anyone believes that asking a service provider to give a discount is "dishonorable" or unseemly?

I'd really like to know why you think taking food out of the mouths of the families of Directv executives is honorable or seemly?

The price you pay is the price you pay, Mr. E. Ball (if that is even your real name - handles and pseudonyms are also dishonorable). Nothing in life is negotiable.

For some reason, my annual pilgrimage to get ST free was much easier this year. I went on the website and was greeted by a "Chat" invite... to which I responded. After a few friendly volleys I cut to the chase and stated I wanted to be rewarded with something for my 15 years of loyalty. My "chat" friend gave me an 800 number, plus a PIN where my information would be available to a rep waiting on me. The PIN was good for 5 days, but I called immediately. Damned if it wasn't true. A short 15 min. later and I got enough credits to ensure ST for free... then some, plus all the movie channels that I need to remember to cancel in August. My conversation with the rep was much different this year. She was incredibly honest... said she had the power to make stuff happen... wouldn't waste my time... and she produced and was gracious. She also said that many people don't even ask for deals, which essentially pays for the deals those whom ask get. Go figure. I like the new, honest DTV. Here's to the next 15 years :thumbsup:

Please share your experiences.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

Bamm me too.

I can't fathom the level of curmudgeon you have to be to get on here and shame people for getting ticket at a discount. Huffy and self righteous about paying Direct TV it's full retail price?!

Your salt only increases my thirst for discounts :nana:

Edited by TaskerTough

I'd really like to know why you think taking food out of the mouths of the families of Directv executives is honorable or seemly?

The price you pay is the price you pay, Mr. E. Ball (if that is even your real name - handles and pseudonyms are also dishonorable). Nothing in life is negotiable.

You're right. I just called DirecTV and asked for the names and addresses of the executives. I'm shipping them all care packages next week.

We're in this together.

I can't fathom the level of curmudgeon you have to be to get on here and shame people for getting ticket at a discount. Huffy and self righteous about paying Direct TV it's full retail price?!

Your salt only increases my thirst for discounts :nana:

If its free its me....good buddy.

I found around the end of July beginning of August to be the best time to call. Twice I had been on year two of contract, still got $100 or more off.

I did "chat" last night and was given the special 800 number with a pin, but by the that time was around 10:30 so am goign to call them up later. Will see how it goes.

Interesting... I signed up last year and got ST for free for signing up. I also have the initial 2 year contract. I suppose I will need to pay for it this year, but I'd really like to get at least a discount. Is it better to call now or closer to the season?